Growing up in a religious state.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Growing up in a religious state.
State as in location like Texas.

I grew up in D-Town, Texas and my whole family is either kind of religious or hardcore religious, I have an atheist as a friend, me and him are wing men for each other at the clubs.... Drinking Beverage Anyway, how many friends do other fellow southerners here have that are atheist?

All my other friends are religious types.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2012, 10:46 PM
RE: Growing up in a religious state.
I am a southerner, and I would technically consider myself an Igtheist, but I don't know an atheist. I do have a casual friend who is agnostic however.

Find all posts by this user
06-11-2012, 06:50 AM
RE: Growing up in a religious state.
Contrary to the illusion(s) I keep them under; I tend to hold "friends" at arm's length. People tend to be accessories in my life, rather than extensions of it. (Of course, it's all the same to them)

Anyway, I only really have one person at the moment with whom I keep in regular contact. She's been an atheist since childhood. She's compared her atheism to growing up without a dad, saying "God was just never around, so it wasn't as though I felt I was missing something - it just wasn't a part of my life." I've had other friends who were atheists but have since lost contact with them.

Then again, I'm in VA, which isn't exactly the "Bible Belt", although it is right on the edge. We've got a nice mixing-bowl here.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user