Growing up without religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 10:58 PM
RE: Growing up without religion
religion is retarded. I am very thankful that I was not poisoned with it as a child as well. I had some introduction to it a couple of times, but I never really believed in it. When I discovered and realized at the age of about 13 that magic did not exist in any form, and the logical reality started setting in. I was convinced that the supernatural cannot exist as well.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
21-05-2014, 11:23 PM
(21-05-2014 10:58 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  religion is retarded.

Ain't that the truth.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-05-2014, 09:29 AM
(21-05-2014 01:57 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Am I better off lacking basic knowledge of religion...?

Most definitely.

Smartass

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Although my parents are agnostic atheists, I'm no stranger to religion. I used to attend church with my dad's mom during holidays like Christmas and Easter, I attended a parochial school for several years, and because I'm an inquisitive person, religion is something that has always interested me.

With that said, not all lifelong atheists are rational or immune to the offerings of religion. I hear of people converting to Christianity after 30 years of atheism and I can only assume it's done to satisfy some emotional need.
24-05-2014, 11:59 PM
(24-05-2014 09:14 PM)give me moon rocks Wrote:  Although my parents are agnostic atheists, I'm no stranger to religion. I used to attend church with my dad's mom during holidays like Christmas and Easter, I attended a parochial school for several years, and because I'm an inquisitive person, religion is something that has always interested me.

With that said, not all lifelong atheists are rational or immune to the offerings of religion. I hear of people converting to Christianity after 30 years of atheism and I can only assume it's done to satisfy some emotional need.

Well i'd never convert, I don't want to become religious, i'd rather become homeless than religious.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post