Growing vegetables : National talent of the Chinese people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Growing vegetables : National talent of the Chinese people
This is the translation of a Q&A online. Not technically news, but definitely new to most of you guys, I think.

----

Question: What's the national talent of us Chinese people ?

Answer: Growing vegetables.

There have been unearthed historical recordings of Chinese people growing vegetables in the West Regions (which included part of Afghan) of the Han Dynasty under clear governmental arrangements and regulations. So that's about 2200 years ago.

At the end of the Han Dynasty, the Three Kingdoms Period to be exact, when Liu Bei, the low-extent-relation uncle of the puppet emperor, was upset by his nearly detaintion by Cao Cao, the real serious power prime minister, he ... grew vegetables in his backyard.

In the Ming Dynasty, during Zheng He's travelling to the west, sailors grew vegetables (actually bean sprouts) on the ships of their amarda. And this is about 600 years ago.

The Chinese embassy in Rwanda grew vegetables because of the scarcity of the goods.

Some Chinese peace-keeping force stationed in tropical regions grew vegetables in their off duty hours for fun and as a useful supplementation to their canned food.

Chinese workers paticipating in the construction aid projects in Tanzania grew vegetables at night after a day's work.

We grow vegetables in Iraq,

in Belarus,

in Sudan,

on the riverside of the Niles,

in Antarctic [Image: 88c25655jw1efdm443499j20bl082mxp.jpg] ,

in Tiangong in outer space (or at least in Gravity) [Image: 88c25655jw1efdm6knuhxj20c3063t91.jpg] ,

almost literally any corner of the world where there are Chinese,

with submarines and aircraft carriers included in future plans.

And now would you please excuse me, I need to water my mother's tomatoes on the balcony.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: Growing vegetables : National talent of the Chinese people
And I just love Reddit !!!

[Image: 635329178256949078.jpg]

12-04-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: Growing vegetables : National talent of the Chinese people
By the way, do we still have these "olds" ?

[Image: 88c25655jw1ef58ly9js1j20c89zyhdt.jpg]