Grownup Children in Amusement Parks.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2017, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2017 09:45 PM by Ruby Crystal.)
Grownup Children in Amusement Parks.
Went to Orlando Florida today for Universal and Island of Adventure. Had a great time, but end of the day was something to think on.

It's around 8:30 PM. Hardly any lines that people are sometimes running up to the front, at least kids are. Understandable, if you've got family waiting on you to hurry up so they can leave you move as quickly as possible. When there is a long line, you have the decency to wait. When their hardly isn't a line, what ist he point in having to walk behind a person who is just going, as drivers would say ten miles under the speed limit, when you are on a time crunch?

That is the question I asked myself when I got kicked off for so called 'Line Skipping' by a teenage mother and her 7 to 8 year old kid.

By now, everyone in the park has 'skipped' someone. More than once, even the most morally decent people. Sure i'm 19, but I was having fun, (Plus I can easily pass off as 15 because of my shortness, both a blessing and a curse.), I was with my cousin and we were in a rush, had only a few minuets to ride at least twice, there was hardly any line. I mean, if you hurried you could get up there to the front in less than a minuet.

People didn't care we ran past them, they shrugged it off or just kept doing what they were doing. All going to the same place, hardly any people so it wasn't like two people going in front could make a difference. All grown adults, acting like adults and saying 'Meh, we're all going to the same place, not like we'll miss out.'

That was until we got up to a women, asking nicely if we could pass as she had a kid with her. And her response was, in a very snot nosed tone, "We all have family, so uh no you can't." the kind fo tone a very rich person would use on those 'lesser than them'.

That was strike one for me, I got annoyed at her tone, sure if she had said 'No, I'd rather you didn't.' I would have been nice and walked behind her. But, no, she had to say it as though we were at some school yard line and she was the first in line.

So I thought, 'You know what, fuck it.' and me and my cousin ran past her and she said.

"I'll tell them you line skipped!" in a tone that reminded me of a 5 year old who was a teachers pet. I replied and said "Whatever." because really, why should I lower myself to apologize to a women who talks to me like I'm dirt.

We got up tot he front, and seems luck would have it she got in right behind us.

I gave a very friendly smile saying hi and all. And she went through with her 'threat' letting us on. After she said to me, "Oh I see you found you family." in that same snot nosed tone of a kid in a grownups body. Now her little kid was just standing there, looking unamused as ever to be with her, acting more grownup then she was. That tone she used when she saw us again was strike two for me, but I bite my tongue and told her to go right ahead and tattle on us. I could give a shit less.

She let us on the ride, went and told on me and my cousin just to see us get kicked off the ride. And I could have sworn I saw her grinning like a fool to see us to the 'walk of shame'.

Not really much shame as I was grinning happily, not all all upset to have been kicked off. To me, it was just another bump in the road to fun. But I was close to cursing at her when I saw that shit face eating grin. My cousin however was very flustered and nervous to get in trouble.

The workers could have cared less also, but had to cater to the women as they didn't want any trouble from her. And I don't blame them, I have a feeling if they had told her it was no big deal, that in the end she still got on the ride, she would have whined more.

They just told us, "just don't cut in front of people." which I know means, "Try not to do so with people who care about small details." and told us, "Just got on the re-ride and have fun."

We didn't get to re-ride as we were in a hurry, and had to get back. But all and all a fun day.

What this all boils down to is why do grownups tell kids to act more mature, yet there are those who will act like a kid when they don't get their way, much less have the bitchy tone of a kid when someone asks nicely.

Like I said, if she had said nicely to me not to skip in front of her, I wouldn't have as she was nice about saying 'no'. But instead she has to give me the condescending, I'm better than you, tone to do so.

But, whatever, not much of a big deal as it was just a highlight of my night. Just thought I'd share.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ruby Crystal's post
19-07-2017, 09:44 PM
RE: Grownup Children in Amusement Parks.
sorry double

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
20-07-2017, 09:48 AM
I call it "teacher's pet" syndrome. Imagine what she was like back in her 6th grade class!

(19-07-2017 09:39 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  The workers could have cared less also...

This is a peculiar Americanism it seems, as it's used repeatedly on forums and in blogs;

The correct phrase is actually "the workers could not have cared less".

If one is capable of caring less, then it's not really indicating the extreme limit of your lack of care. If you cannot care any less, then that's the absolute rock-bottom of the care scale. Smartass

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
20-07-2017, 10:01 AM
I've been to Disneyland one time. I didn't find much amusement at that amusement park. Everyone kept telling me "You've GOTTA go to Disneyland, YOU JUST GOTTA! So I finally went. I hate spinning around, I hate heights and I think all the stupid plastic Disney characters walking around the fake streets look grotesque and creepy. The food was shitty and the lines were endless. The "It's a small world" song wouldn't stop circling around in my head for days afterwards.

I'd much rather spend the day hiking in the woods. And it's free.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-07-2017, 10:47 AM
Ha! You should've pulled a Canadian trick ... quickly cut in front of her, wait a bit, then turn around and say you're SO sorry, you didn't see her, or realize she was getting in line, apologize profusely but stay in line, and only smirk to your friend once you're on the ride ... hey, hey, hey ...

I don't get the appeal of Disney either.
When my kids were 7 and 5, I had a choice: for the same price, I could take my family to Disneyworld for a week or visit family in France for a month.
Guess which one I picked.

'Course, having learned to appreciate Europe, they both caught the travel bug, which has cost me much more in the long run, but it was still a much better investment.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
20-07-2017, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2017 01:09 PM by Loom.)
I guess I'm an odd one for wanting to go to Disney World again at 23 xD

I love all the theming and really want to see Pandora and the Star Wars area.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
20-07-2017, 04:03 PM
I get itchy if I don't go to Disneyland every few years.

I'm a little kid getting all pouty with Daddy (my man).

I start bouncing when I enter the gate and then I jump up and down until we get on the damn train to New Orleans Square....first real ride is always Haunted Mansion, followed by Pirates.

The man usually pisses me off...saying, "no we take the train all around the park and walk to New Orleans Square." Then the pouting and whining from me begins.

But if I'm really good, he'll buy me a balloon and a churro and I'm all happy again.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces