Guardian Angels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Guardian Angels
A-"That car almost hit me."
C-"You must have a guardian angel protecting you."

A-"Is this guardian angel protecting me from gods plan ? Cause it sounds like god was planning on killing me and this guardian angel saved the day."
C-"God isn't trying to kill you, the other driver just lost control for a moment."

A-"Yes and then the driver regained control and turned his wheel to avoid hitting me. Where does the guardian angel come in at ?"
C-"The guardian angel helped the driver regain control"

A-"And god caused the driver to lose control. See god is trying to kill me"
C-"Why would he do that ?"

A-"Cause he's a psycho who kills people at random. Have you not read your bible ? And as everyone knows, when god needs another angel, he kills people."
C-"Thank god no one was injured"

A-"Do you even listen to words coming out of your mouth ? There are no guardian angels and no god.
People have accidents. We lose control and regain control of the situation all the time in order to avoid accidents. Adding extra figments of your imagination to the mix doesn't help."

It would seem to me that christians like to invent things that invisibly protect us, but that protection is usually protection from the same god they believe is responsible for every action on earth.

What do you think ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Rahn127's post
06-01-2015, 10:31 PM
RE: Guardian Angels
They seem perfectly fine with Guardian Angels disrupting free-will... kinda mysterious to me

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
06-01-2015, 10:38 PM
God has strange sense of humor.

7-Year-Old Miraculously Survives Plane Crash in Inclement Weather
A plane crash that killed four in Kentucky spared a 7-year-old girl Friday night. Sailor Gutzler was left bleeding and alone after surviving the crash that killed her family.

A- It’s a miracle! Praise Jesus.
C- But everyone else on the plane was killed

A- Yes but she was saved by the hand of God
C- Didn’t you hear me? Her parents, sister and cousin are dead.

A- It’s a miracle! Praise Jesus!
C- Facepalm

http://www.weather.com/news/news/kentuck...l-survives

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
07-01-2015, 01:24 AM
"My aunt survived a horrific car crash! By the grace of God she was unharmed!"

"My aunt was killed in a tornado."
"God works in mysterious ways."
07-01-2015, 01:27 AM
(07-01-2015 01:24 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  "My aunt survived a horrific car crash! By the grace of God she was unharmed!"

"My aunt was killed in a tornado."
"God works in mysterious ways."

"What's mysterious about it? It was a tornado. No mystery there at all."
07-01-2015, 01:27 AM
God sends down a guardian angel to save you from a threat he sent at you. Way to play the hero.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2015, 06:16 AM
Kind of off topic, but why the hell would god need angels in the first place? Is he not powerful enough to effect things at a distance with his will alone?

I guess bronze-age primitives don't think through their superhero's capabilities when they're making stuff up. Consider

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
07-01-2015, 06:22 AM
Yes: Guardian angels are as close to demonstrable horseshit as any of this stuff gets and I share your annoyance.

(07-01-2015 06:16 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Kind of off topic, but why the hell would god need angels in the first place? Is he not powerful enough to effect things at a distance with his will alone?

I guess bronze-age primitives don't think through their superhero's capabilities when they're making stuff up. Consider

A thought occurs and I doubt that it's a new one: Wouldn't the existence of angels and other divine beings (Like Satan or something) make it so the Abrahamic religions aren't monotheistic?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
07-01-2015, 06:43 AM
You will actualy hear the crazy and disgusting shit when horrible things happen.

Remember the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Kapan that killed thousands?

In the days after youtube was filled with videos by evangelicals, uploading videos praising god for "blessing Japan" with a "wake up call" to convert.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
07-01-2015, 06:51 AM
It makes me want to say

"Please pull your head out of the 12th century . Stop inserting your god into a NATURAL disaster "

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results