Guardian Angels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2015, 06:56 AM
RE: Guardian Angels
I know guardian angels are a Catholic "thing", can anyone tell me if other christian cults have them too?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2015, 07:10 AM
(07-01-2015 01:27 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  God sends down a guardian angel to save you from a threat he sent at you. Way to play the hero.

I had a roommate like that in college. He'd hide things so people couldn't leave, then play hero to find them. Everyone fucking hated him.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
07-01-2015, 07:15 AM
(07-01-2015 06:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I know guardian angels are a Catholic "thing", can anyone tell me if other christian cults have them too?

Eastern orthodox churches.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
07-01-2015, 07:47 AM
(07-01-2015 06:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I know guardian angels are a Catholic "thing", can anyone tell me if other christian cults have them too?

Oh yeah, I remember an evangelical youth meeting where the pastor explained how angels would come to you in a dream and the kids later reported they had dreams of angels coming to them.
Total bat-shit crazy psychological manipulation.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
07-01-2015, 07:50 AM
He needs rest on the 7th day, as well as have Angels, and he can't even make Angels that obey him properly.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2015, 01:27 PM
I was riding my bike a few years back, and got rear-ended by a car. My bike was destroyed, but I wasn't hurt at all (maybe partly because it was winter, and when I hit the road, I slid instead of coming to an immediate full stop).

Anyway, when I told my dad about it, his comment was "Someone was looking out for you" (i.e., God or a guardian angel). I didn't say anything, but my thought was "Then why did someone let the car hit me in the first place? They wanted me to get a new bike?"

Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
07-01-2015, 01:31 PM
(07-01-2015 01:27 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I was riding my bike a few years back, and got rear-ended by a car. My bike was destroyed, but I wasn't hurt at all (maybe partly because it was winter, and when I hit the road, I slid instead of coming to an immediate full stop).

Anyway, when I told my dad about it, his comment was "Someone was looking out for you" (i.e., God or a guardian angel). I didn't say anything, but my thought was "Then why did someone let the car hit me in the first place? They wanted me to get a new bike?"

Laugh out load

Obviously it was Mr Snowmiser
[Image: 250px-Snowmiser74shawn.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
07-01-2015, 01:33 PM
this thread has given me the giggles. Laugh out load

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
07-01-2015, 01:48 PM
The concept of a personal guardian angel has no Biblical foundation.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
08-01-2015, 12:21 PM
(07-01-2015 01:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The concept of a personal guardian angel has no Biblical foundation.

Just one of the many manifestations of how most of conventional "pop-culture Christianity" consists of easily digestible, feel-good ideas with no basis in the Bible. All the comfort of faith and spirituality with not a fucking clue what's written in their supposed holy book. How the fuck did the Jesus nativity story become so popular? Not a goddamn lick of that whole narrative can be reasonably extrapolated from bible passages.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post