Guess what everyone pointing out the hypocrisy of Indiana's new law were right.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Guess what everyone pointing out the hypocrisy of Indiana's new law were right.

Shocking I know but apparently the kinds of sins straight white people do are not the "same kind of sin" and therefore she can service those people as a bigoted christian. Fuck these people.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-04-2015, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 02:32 PM by pablo.)
RE: Guess what everyone pointing out the hypocrisy of Indiana's new law were right.
I watched this yesterday, and it sickened me.
I think I would have a slightly less disgusted reaction to them if they just came out and said they hate homosexuals.
At least that would be honest, and not be assuming we are all too stupid to see the bigotry.
02-04-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Guess what everyone pointing out the hypocrisy of Indiana's new law were right.
I knew this guy years ago - who'd spent a lifetime burning out his brain cells with various illegal substances. He could be funny, and even enlightening at times.

One thing he said that I always remembered --

"The Pilgrims came to this country - so they could have the religious freedom they desired - they wanted to be able to burn witches."

Not far off the mark, eh??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
02-04-2015, 02:44 PM
(02-04-2015 02:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  I watched this yesterday, and it sickened me.
I think I would have a slightly less disgusted reaction to them if they just came out and said they hate homosexuals.
At least that would be honest, and not be assuming we are all too stupid to see the bigotry.

Why would you think they were honest?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
02-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Bitch, the customer is the one supporting YOUR business. Get the fuck over yourself. You're not "supporting" anyone's "lifestyle" just by providing the same service to all of your customers.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
02-04-2015, 03:06 PM
(02-04-2015 02:44 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 02:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  I watched this yesterday, and it sickened me.

Why would you think they were honest?

Only honest about this one point.
02-04-2015, 03:21 PM
I was somewhat following this nonsense. I'm sure you guys all saw the pizza chain article. At least the it was revised to bar discrimination...so that's a start.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
02-04-2015, 04:51 PM
(02-04-2015 02:40 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I knew this guy years ago - who'd spent a lifetime burning out his brain cells with various illegal substances. He could be funny, and even enlightening at times.

"The Pilgrims came to this country - so they could have the religious freedom they desired - they wanted to be able to burn witches."

Actually, he was spot on. The Pilgrims and the Puritans and other religious groups didn't come to form a community of religious tolerance. They came because they could not force their will upon everyone else in mother England and needed a place where they could form a community that adhered to their strict belief system, even by force if necessary. They had zero interest in the idea of religious "tolerance".

This is the fundamental problem Pence and the Indiana Republicans now have. They can scream all they want about how this bill is about "religious freedom" and not discrimination but the people who wanted this bill and are cheering for it are all about the discrimination. He refused to answer the question on Sunday and kept insisting that Hoosiers all welcoming to everyone, but that is clearly, obviously not going to be the case across the board. People in his state have made it blatantly clear they intend to use their new found "freedom" to discriminate against gays and lesbians.

He's being forced to back off now and we will see what happens but the damage has been done to him. The good news is, it's unlikely another state is going to try this anytime soon.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
02-04-2015, 06:02 PM
(02-04-2015 04:51 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 02:40 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I knew this guy years ago - who'd spent a lifetime burning out his brain cells with various illegal substances. He could be funny, and even enlightening at times.

Actually, he was spot on. The Pilgrims and the Puritans and other religious groups didn't come to form a community of religious tolerance. They came because they could not force their will upon everyone else in mother England and needed a place where they could form a community that adhered to their strict belief system, even by force if necessary. They had zero interest in the idea of religious "tolerance".

This is the fundamental problem Pence and the Indiana Republicans now have. They can scream all they want about how this bill is about "religious freedom" and not discrimination but the people who wanted this bill and are cheering for it are all about the discrimination. He refused to answer the question on Sunday and kept insisting that Hoosiers all welcoming to everyone, but that is clearly, obviously not going to be the case across the board. People in his state have made it blatantly clear they intend to use their new found "freedom" to discriminate against gays and lesbians.

He's being forced to back off now and we will see what happens but the damage has been done to him. The good news is, it's unlikely another state is going to try this anytime soon.

Except Arkansas.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2015, 06:21 PM
How does one 'fix' a law that is intended to give cover to discrimination other than by repealing it? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post