Guess what everyone pointing out the hypocrisy of Indiana's new law were right.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2015, 07:46 PM
RE: Guess what everyone pointing out the hypocrisy of Indiana's new law were right.
Next they'll be wanting separate bathrooms and water fountains so they don't catch the gayness.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
03-04-2015, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015 07:59 PM by Patriot10mm.)
RE: Guess what everyone pointing out the hypocrisy of Indiana's new law were right.
I also find it interesting that in a lot of these cases, the bakery or flower shop had served the customers in question many times, providing flowers or cakes for birthdays, selling cookies or whatever when they came in. They never refused service because they were gay, they refused service for a gay wedding. In the Masterpiece Cake Shop case in Colorado the owner said “I’ll make you birthday cakes, shower cakes, sell you cookies and brownies, I just don’t make cakes for same-sex weddings.” He's fine with gay customers and never turned them away for anything but a wedding cake, because he believes in the biblical marriage arrangement.

It's getting silly. Can I go to a jewish deli and force them to provide non-kosher meat on my sub sandwich? If I go into a muslim owned catering business and ask for pork roasts and bacon wrapped hot dogs for my wedding, can I sue them for refusing because their religion won't let them handle pork?

A person's deeply held religious beliefs should be given some stretch room.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
03-04-2015, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015 08:05 PM by dancefortwo.)
I'd like to go into her shop with my transgender daughter and her boyfriend and watch the shop owners head explode. Big Grin:thumbsup

Edit: My daughter looks female so I'd have to tell her after we bought some of whatever the hell she sells in her shitty shop.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
03-04-2015, 07:59 PM
(03-04-2015 07:55 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I also find it interesting that in a lot of these cases, the bakery or flower shop had served the customers in question many times, providing flowers or cakes for birthdays, selling cookies or whatever when they came in. They never refused service because they were gay, they refused service for a gay wedding. In the Masterpiece Cake Shop case in Colorado the owner said “I’ll make you birthday cakes, shower cakes, sell you cookies and brownies, I just don’t make cakes for same-sex weddings.” He's fine with gay customers and never turned them away for anything but a wedding cake, however he believes in the biblical marriage arrangement.

How is that important? It's a cake. It's not his wedding. It is a legal wedding.

Seriously - they need to grow up.

Quote:It's getting silly. Can I go to a jewish deli and force them to provide non-kosher meat on my sub sandwich? If I go into a muslim owned catering business and ask for pork roasts and bacon wrapped hot dogs for my wedding, can I sue them for refusing because their religion won't let them handle pork?

No, because they don't sell those products at all. That is a silly argument.

Quote:A person's deeply held religious beliefs should be given some stretch room.

Not on this front.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2015, 08:01 PM
(03-04-2015 07:46 PM)pablo Wrote:  Next they'll be wanting separate bathrooms and water fountains so they don't catch the gayness.

Wait...what? The gayness is transmitable?

I’d get a vaccine against the gayness but vaccines are against my religion and might cause altruism. That can’t be right

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
03-04-2015, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015 08:05 PM by Patriot10mm.)
(03-04-2015 07:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-04-2015 07:55 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I also find it interesting that in a lot of these cases, the bakery or flower shop had served the customers in question many times, providing flowers or cakes for birthdays, selling cookies or whatever when they came in. They never refused service because they were gay, they refused service for a gay wedding. In the Masterpiece Cake Shop case in Colorado the owner said “I’ll make you birthday cakes, shower cakes, sell you cookies and brownies, I just don’t make cakes for same-sex weddings.” He's fine with gay customers and never turned them away for anything but a wedding cake, however he believes in the biblical marriage arrangement.

How is that important? It's a cake. It's not his wedding. It is a legal wedding.

Quote:It's getting silly. Can I go to a jewish deli and force them to provide non-kosher meat on my sub sandwich? If I go into a muslim owned catering business and ask for pork roasts and bacon wrapped hot dogs for my wedding, can I sue them for refusing because their religion won't let them handle pork?

Quote:A person's deeply held religious beliefs should be given some stretch room.

Not on this front.

Aye. So one can simply say "we sell traditional wedding cakes here. No gay wedding cakes for sale. The handling of a gay wedding cake is against my religion and is unclean."

Death is a debt we all must pay.
03-04-2015, 08:04 PM
(03-04-2015 08:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-04-2015 07:46 PM)pablo Wrote:  Next they'll be wanting separate bathrooms and water fountains so they don't catch the gayness.

Wait...what? The gayness is transmitable?

I’d get a vaccine against the gayness but vaccines are against my religion and might cause altruism. That can’t be right

You don't want to be on that altruism speculum. No

03-04-2015, 08:09 PM
(03-04-2015 08:02 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(03-04-2015 07:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  How is that important? It's a cake. It's not his wedding. It is a legal wedding.

Not on this front.

Aye. So one can simply say "we sell traditional wedding cakes here. No gay wedding cakes for sale. The handling of a gay wedding cake is against my religion and is unclean."

All they have to do is make the gay wedding cake, then ask jebus for forgiveness and it all good. Just like every other 'sin'
they commit.
03-04-2015, 08:14 PM
(03-04-2015 07:55 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  A person's deeply held religious beliefs should be given some stretch room.

Religious beliefs, whether deeply held or not, are not a Carte Blanche to discriminate or break the laws.

Think of all the ways this can go badly in a heartbeat. Tomorrow the Southern Babtists say it is their deeply held belief that the blacks are inferior and they don’t wish to serve them cake or lunch or dinner. The Mormons claim it is their deeply held belief that non-Mormons are the spawn of the Devil and they won’t hire them or sell them anything. Jews say their strongly held beliefs won’t allow them to do any business with non-Jews. Muslims want to practice Sharia Law. Where does it end?

Our secular government cannot allow religious beliefs to dictate what laws will or won’t be followed.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
03-04-2015, 08:22 PM
(03-04-2015 08:02 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(03-04-2015 07:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  How is that important? It's a cake. It's not his wedding. It is a legal wedding.

Not on this front.

What is a gay wedding cake? Please be specific.