Guess who lost their job today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: Guess who lost their job today?
That sucks.

Well. If you do have to move back in with your dad, don't move out the second you're employed again - try to get as much of your bills paid off before you can't stand it anymore and get back to your own place.

That's what I've been working on. I'm about to lose my sanity, though, and will be moving out sometime in the next few months.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
30-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Congratulations. Now you have a fantastic opportunity to try something completely different, purhaps something that you've been wanting to do but didn't because you'd rather a guaranteed income (though I say guaranteed loosely).

That's the great thing about poor as fuck (speaking from experience here), you got nothing (literally) to lose.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
30-04-2015, 04:50 PM
And here I thought this was going to be about Muffs being fired as Emperor of the World by Stark. Angel

Sorry to hear about this. Usually one door closes, others open. (?) Consider

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-04-2015, 04:52 PM
(30-04-2015 04:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Congratulations. Now you have a fantastic opportunity to try something completely different, purhaps something that you've been wanting to do but didn't because you'd rather a guaranteed income (though I say guaranteed loosely).

That's the great thing about poor as fuck (speaking from experience here), you got nothing (literally) to lose.

^^This^^. Thumbsup

Heart
I LUV U MUFF-MUFF

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
30-04-2015, 04:54 PM
That sucks. I have been there and it's scary as hell. Good luck with finding something else. Hopefully this will turn out to be a good change.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope you will not be looking for long.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
30-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Wow. Sorry to hear that.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
30-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Hug

We had a couple of folks fired at my work yesterday. They weren't from my department, but still. Always puts me on edge, and too I feel awful for them. I wonder where they'll go from here, how they'll make it, etc. I hope that the others are right, and that this will turn out to be a blessing in disguise for you. Best of luck. Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
01-05-2015, 05:30 AM
I would hate waking up at 3:30am, too! Damn! Here's hoping you find a new job in a hurry that doesn't have such ridiculous hours!

In the meantime, I agree with Muff's bit of insight there: go for something you'd really enjoy now you have the chance. Thumbsup

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
01-05-2015, 05:40 AM
(30-04-2015 03:58 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I HATED waking up at 3:30am lol. I just hope I can find something before my money runs out and unemployment doesn't carry me anymore.

Good luck finding new work! I'm glad you can collect unemployment.