Guess who lost their job today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2015, 07:18 AM
RE: Guess who lost their job today?
Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

It's never nice to be made unemployed (been there myself)

But maybe you can use this to make the move to something better.
For me, I took advantage of some of the funded training courses that are offered to the unemployed. Improving your skill-set even if you already have good qualifications can never hurt and may even open a few new doors for you!

Good luck! Thumbsup

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2015, 07:26 AM
Guess who lost their job today?
(30-04-2015 02:57 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  [Image: ywv0Mki.gif]

...I am really freaking bummed out and kinda scared. I got rent, about 13,000$ in credit, power, and food to worry about now with no job.

If I gotta move back in with my dad it is going to suck freaking egg noodles.

So where did you work and what did you do?
01-05-2015, 07:46 AM
Yea, give us some info ... maybe we can help you extract a skill set you hadn't thought of.
What is your location like- metro area, small town, college town, etc.,?
What is in your background- hobbies, education, & interests?
What would you NOT do and why? (slaughterhouse worker, for example)
Is relocation out of the question?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
01-05-2015, 07:50 AM
I lost a bunch of jobs over the years. Quit a few - got fired for various shit, and laid off more than once when the work simply dried up.

The one thing I'd learned from it happening over and over --- have a stash of cash --- and when you get that "enforced vacation" --- TAKE IT -- and go do something you never had the time to do when you were joined at the hip to the job.

A job isn't your life. It's just a fucking job. (rare exceptions for the guy who's a professional beer tester, or lingerie model inspector)

Time is always the thing in life that's in shortest supply.

Try to enjoy as much of it as possible.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
01-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Sorry about the job loss, bud.

I've had two extended periods of unemployment in the last twenty years. The second one came with the 08 recession, and I was unemployed for a couple of years.

I had to move back in with my mom for a little bit to get on my feet. Fortunately, I was very light on the bills (I don't like credit and avoid its use, generally), and moving back to Texas meant that living expenses were lower than in SoCal. This experience was frightening -- before I moved back here, I couch-surfed for a year -- but it has worked out in the end: I've gone from being an unhappy business manager inspecting my gas stations, or stuck in an office writing e-mails and inputting data to being a happy parks employee whose job of helping to manage a nature preserve is fun and satisfying. I make about half what I made as a district manager for BP, but I'm so much happier that I wouldn't trade it for the world.
01-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Sorry to hear it, what a blow. Happened to me back in March. I thought it was the end of the world, but I have a new job now and it's a lot better. From this vantage point I can see how unhappy I actually was there. I didn't like that job; I just slogged through it because I didn't want to be unemployed. Anyway there's always hope. Try to remember that your job doesn't define you. Unless you're a prostitute or pimp or maybe a Congressman, which is sort of a combination of the other two I mentioned.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post