Guess who's teaching next Sunday again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2012, 10:49 PM
RE: Guess who's teaching next Sunday again.
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God...

That's not even true if you just take the stories in the bible (such as the fates of Stephen and Paul)... unless of course you think torture and death are positive things. In fact, if you're in deep enough denial, I imagine you could make any story "working together for good".

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
15-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Guess who's teaching next Sunday again.
(15-10-2012 10:49 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  In fact, if you're in deep enough denial, I imagine you could make any story "working together for good".

I can testify to that. Weeping

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
15-10-2012, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2012 11:48 PM by kim.)
(15-10-2012 10:49 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  .... I imagine you could make any story "working together for good".

What's that saying ... oh yes...

Anything will look good when you read like the Devil reads the Bible. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
16-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Hey hey you should do Thessalonians sometime. There's some hectic y'all are going to hell 'less you bow down shit in there. Like explicit. Like "Y'ALL ARE GOIN' TA HELL" shit. Know what I'm sayin' ? Hell. Like, the hot place... where *you are the braai*.

Big Grin

KC... you actually think hell is real? Where is it? Earth's core? Or some other dimension. Since heaven's no longer in the sky...
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
16-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Romans 8:27-32
King James Version (KJV)

27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Well there you go....everything made clear! I can just see 10 year olds high fiving with joy when this is explained to them! Methinks they should kick a football instead.
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
17-10-2012, 07:22 AM
(16-10-2012 09:31 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Well there you go....everything made clear! I can just see 10 year olds high fiving with joy when this is explained to them! Methinks they should kick a football instead.

This again?

Didn't we beat this dead horse and yet you still think I'm teaching children?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
17-10-2012, 08:33 AM
(17-10-2012 07:22 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 09:31 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Well there you go....everything made clear! I can just see 10 year olds high fiving with joy when this is explained to them! Methinks they should kick a football instead.

This again?

Um.....not sure what you mean.

Re children....apologies to you if your sessions are "adult only." Glad to hear it actually...best to keep the really stupid stuff away from the children.

Now...what about the poor adults you will feed this drivel to? Some of them might take it seriously...doesn't that concern you? What about their mental health?

The real issue is the content of this scripture. Do you know who the author was? How illegitimate he is ? Why he's even in the bible? Who put his writings there? When? Who was his god? Who was his Christ? Who was paying him to write what he
wrote? Why? Whether his letters have been interpolated? What has been lost in translation? Whether he was aware of the existence of a Yeshua (Jesus)? Did he have a cordial relationship with Yeshua's family and disciples? Is he a liar? Was he mentally stable? Was he even a Christian? Did he have a healthy attitude to women, homosexuals and minority groups? Did he support slavery? Did he respect individuality? Common sense? Rational thought? Was he consistent?

I know that if you took the trouble to learn about these things you would be very surprised by the answers. You would also be very embarrassed that you had promoted this toxic tomfoolery.

Chances are you will ignore this. Just maybe though we can discuss....and learn from each other. Over to you. If you're interested let's keep the discussion on Saint Paul. He was, after all, the true founder of what became Christian theology.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
17-10-2012, 09:09 AM
(17-10-2012 08:33 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(17-10-2012 07:22 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  This again?

Um.....not sure what you mean.

Re children....apologies to you if your sessions are "adult only." Glad to hear it actually...best to keep the really stupid stuff away from the children.

Now...what about the poor adults you will feed this drivel to? Some of them might take it seriously...doesn't that concern you? What about their mental health?

The real issue is the content of this scripture. Do you know who the author was? How illegitimate he is ? Why he's even in the bible? Who put his writings there? When? Who was his god? Who was his Christ? Who was paying him to write what he
wrote? Why? Whether his letters have been interpolated? What has been lost in translation? Whether he was aware of the existence of a Yeshua (Jesus)? Did he have a cordial relationship with Yeshua's family and disciples? Is he a liar? Was he mentally stable? Was he even a Christian? Did he have a healthy attitude to women, homosexuals and minority groups? Did he support slavery? Did he respect individuality? Common sense? Rational thought? Was he consistent?

I know that if you took the trouble to learn about these things you would be very surprised by the answers. You would also be very embarrassed that you had promoted this toxic tomfoolery.

Chances are you will ignore this. Just maybe though we can discuss....and learn from each other. Over to you. If you're interested let's keep the discussion on Saint Paul. He was, after all, the true founder of what became Christian theology.

This is the same thing you said to me last time.

Not having this conversation again with the same person about the same thing and being asked the same questions.

17-10-2012, 03:56 PM
(17-10-2012 09:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-10-2012 08:33 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Um.....not sure what you mean.

This is the same thing you said to me last time.

Not having this conversation again with the same person about the same thing and being asked the same questions.

Your memory may be better than mine. Can you provide a link to where we addressed these issues?
17-10-2012, 04:05 PM
(17-10-2012 03:56 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(17-10-2012 09:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is the same thing you said to me last time.

Your memory may be better than mine. Can you provide a link to where we addressed these issues?

Sure.

Link here.