Guess who's teaching next Sunday again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Guess who's teaching next Sunday again.
(24-10-2012 09:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 09:10 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  KC what do you think main issue is? It's not like one us walked in and started teaching. Have they ever given you direct feedback?

I'm a dirty, filthy, heathen C-word (Calvinist).

And, they can't argue the Bible against me because I only present what is in scripture. I made it very clear I wasn't promoting my beliefs; just teaching what the verses say. I guess it was still too much.

Where do you think the discomfort came from. Your outline doesn't seem heavy on any particularly controversial topics. Do you think a class member complained about something? Did they already have a bias against you so just assumed you'd be spreading your Calvinist lies or do you think they found something specific they didn't like? Or do you just not know the reason?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2012, 09:55 AM
RE: Guess who's teaching next Sunday again.
(24-10-2012 09:18 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sorry, dude. I know that's disappointing for you and seems pretty unfair as well as extremely disingenuous on the part of the church leadership.

I'm sure KC had to be observant enough to know that was a good possibility. If you read the sections I have bolded, you will see, history has a way of repeating itself. Not for Calvinists in particular, but all of Christianity from my experiences, and my knowledge of the history in Christianity.

Hmm...it insists that bolded doesn't exist, beld? Nope that won't work either. Fuck you English, I am not typing "have made bold". Have I ever mentioned that I hate English?

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
24-10-2012, 10:12 AM
(24-10-2012 09:54 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 09:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm a dirty, filthy, heathen C-word (Calvinist).

And, they can't argue the Bible against me because I only present what is in scripture. I made it very clear I wasn't promoting my beliefs; just teaching what the verses say. I guess it was still too much.

Where do you think the discomfort came from. Your outline doesn't seem heavy on any particularly controversial topics. Do you think a class member complained about something? Did they already have a bias against you so just assumed you'd be spreading your Calvinist lies or do you think they found something specific they didn't like? Or do you just not know the reason?

I started touching upon predestination in the Romans verses, so that's the only think I can think of.

I also said that God created evil and used the Bible to back it up... so yeah, that may have had something to do with it too.

But, it seemed that the class was agreeing with me when I said it.

I just think I make too many people nervous...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-10-2012, 12:39 PM
(24-10-2012 10:12 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 09:54 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Where do you think the discomfort came from. Your outline doesn't seem heavy on any particularly controversial topics. Do you think a class member complained about something? Did they already have a bias against you so just assumed you'd be spreading your Calvinist lies or do you think they found something specific they didn't like? Or do you just not know the reason?

I started touching upon predestination in the Romans verses, so that's the only think I can think of.

I also said that God created evil and used the Bible to back it up... so yeah, that may have had something to do with it too.

I know you make Chas nervous. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-10-2012, 12:43 PM
(24-10-2012 12:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 10:12 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I started touching upon predestination in the Romans verses, so that's the only think I can think of.

I know you make Chas nervous. Drinking Beverage

Nervous? No. That twitching you observe is not nervousness.No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-10-2012, 12:44 PM
(24-10-2012 12:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 12:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I know you make Chas nervous. Drinking Beverage

Nervous? No. That twitching you observe is not nervousness.No

Sorry...I mistook itchy trigger finger for nerves. Blink

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-10-2012, 02:32 PM
(24-10-2012 12:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I know you make Chas nervous. Drinking Beverage
That's quite the understatement. Wink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
24-10-2012, 04:11 PM
(24-10-2012 09:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 05:32 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Hi KC

I've read what you taught.

What amazes me is that you're willing to spend (obviously) hours trying to make sense out of what Paul wrote, yet not willing or able to discuss his legitimacy.

Do you think Paul's "Christ" was Jesus? If so, why didn't Paul describe him? Mention even one of his miracles? Talk about his teachings? Quote him?

ps Why do I care? Because if I only hear my own story I'll start to believe my own shit.

I only have surface knowledge of "Paulinity". I've researched it, but not in the extent that I can uphold an argument for it.

I have to research it more; that's why I haven't engaged you on the subject.

I have to cure my ignorance on the subject - which will take time - before I can argue for it.

Hi KC, thankyou for your honesty.

I sense your disappointment at being not respected by church authorities...and I feel for you. What are you actually getting out of it? Is it that people are grateful for you teaching them?

Also...I have spent many years researching what you call "Paulinity." If you read my posts on Paul with an open mind, and try not to simply dismiss what I say because it seems far-fetched, you may look on the whole issue in a completely different way.

I would value your comments, as I can learn from you too. I will gladly answer your questions.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-10-2012, 04:22 PM
(24-10-2012 10:12 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 09:54 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Where do you think the discomfort came from. Your outline doesn't seem heavy on any particularly controversial topics. Do you think a class member complained about something? Did they already have a bias against you so just assumed you'd be spreading your Calvinist lies or do you think they found something specific they didn't like? Or do you just not know the reason?

Sorry if I missed this, KC, but is the church you attend not a Calvinist church?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
24-10-2012, 04:39 PM
(24-10-2012 04:11 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 09:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I only have surface knowledge of "Paulinity". I've researched it, but not in the extent that I can uphold an argument for it.

I have to research it more; that's why I haven't engaged you on the subject.

I have to cure my ignorance on the subject - which will take time - before I can argue for it.

Hi KC, thankyou for your honesty.

I sense your disappointment at being not respected by church authorities...and I feel for you. What are you actually getting out of it? Is it that people are grateful for you teaching them?

Also...I have spent many years researching what you call "Paulinity." If you read my posts on Paul with an open mind, and try not to simply dismiss what I say because it seems far-fetched, you may look on the whole issue in a completely different way.

I would value your comments, as I can learn from you too. I will gladly answer your questions.

I will definitely do some Q&A with you when I get a chance to look at it. Thanks, Mark.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]