Guild Wars 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Guild Wars 2
So when Guild Wars 2 came out I played it for around a month and then for what ever reason got distracted and stopped playing. I started playing again about a week ago and wonder why the hell I stopped. Good ass game.

Anyone play? Any thoughts on it or Arena net?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: Guild Wars 2
I like the game, but I haven't played in several months. The questing and exploring are the best aspects, and my fighter-tiger dude was able to kill most bosses single-handedly.

But there are some aspects I dislike, such as the gold-farming necessary to buy weapons appropriate for my level (takes forever to get a few gold, and then the weapon costs 30 of them), how after level 50 it seems to become a grind-fest if you want to advance, and the way people have created builds just for PvP that make it suck using a character not purpose-built for that. At the highest level, I do negligible damage, see the guy heal completely, and I die five seconds in. It ruins the PvP aspect for me. I want group combat, not immortal assassins.

The devs said they were going to make GW2 so farming and grinding isn't necessary, but that didn't happen. No idea if it has changed any, but WoW-style gameplay isn't my thing.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
02-05-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm level 66 at the moment, just for frame of reference. No end game stuff yet.
02-05-2013, 08:25 PM
I had a level 80 necro and a 30something elementalist mage thing. I thought the maps were so huge and filled with awesome and the quests so different from one another and the world so big... until I hit level 80 and suddenly got bored. It doesn't help that necros have only like 8 spells total. And I thought it was pretty lame for all the classes to be so happily in peace with one another. Charrs should have a diet based on Asuras.

I also found that the only viable class for PvP is the mesmer. So I made one. But I was already bored with the game. But who knows, maybe I'll get bored with DotA now and get back to it. In the meantime I tried Path of Exile and TERA, although I never did play WoW cause I'm scared I'll like it too much.

[Image: killing-floor-screen-banner.jpg]
02-05-2013, 11:57 PM
I've been playing since beta, I now have a Elementalist, Guardian, and Ranger to 80; a mesmer at 72 and a Warrior at 56; the Elementalist and Guardian have all exotic gear, and I have all crafting professions maxed (spread across 4 toons). When the game went live and I got my first toon to 80 I didn't play as much, but I ran into an old coworker who also played and got me into this great guild. Now, as you can see by the amount of high level toons I have, I play a lot, but school comes first so some days I only play long enough to get my daily achievement done.

I understand what people are saying about "end-game" stuff missing, I did play WoW for quite a few years, but I don't really miss the WoW-style end-game. I like that I can run any dungeon with whoever and the content is still challenging and rewarding. Also, now that guild missions are in place, if your guild is reasonably built up you can go on bounties, scavenger hunts, and guild jumping puzzles; It's a blast. Right now, I'm working on mapping the world with my ele (at 92% woo~!) and leveling my mesmer so that I can help my guildmates through jumping puzzles (portal FTW).

SPvP in Guild Wars 2 is the only PvP in any game that I can tolerate. Though, I would have to respectfully disagree with comments such as "Only X class is viable." I have taken an elementalist, guardian, hunter, engineer, thief and warrior in, and I have to say my favorite and the toon I have the best record with is my guardian. I even was in a PUG tournament 2 guardians, an engineer, necro, and elementalist (I was one of the guardians), and we stomped pre-made groups taking 1st. So really while X profession may suit your play style in PvP, I would not say that any one is the only viable profession.

I will say that this game, for me, has been the best game I have ever bought. The game is beautiful (though there are a few things that bother me, I'm looking at you charr footprints), the community in this game is the best I have ever experienced, they are constantly pumping out new, free content, and best of all no sub fee.
03-05-2013, 12:32 PM
(02-05-2013 07:16 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  I like the game, but I haven't played in several months. The questing and exploring are the best aspects, and my fighter-tiger dude was able to kill most bosses single-handedly.

But there are some aspects I dislike, such as the gold-farming necessary to buy weapons appropriate for my level (takes forever to get a few gold, and then the weapon costs 30 of them), how after level 50 it seems to become a grind-fest if you want to advance, and the way people have created builds just for PvP that make it suck using a character not purpose-built for that. At the highest level, I do negligible damage, see the guy heal completely, and I die five seconds in. It ruins the PvP aspect for me. I want group combat, not immortal assassins.

The devs said they were going to make GW2 so farming and grinding isn't necessary, but that didn't happen. No idea if it has changed any, but WoW-style gameplay isn't my thing.

You gotta know where to grind and what to do.
I can get several god in a single hour.

It's not like WoW, THAT was a gold farming nightmare...

I played when it first came out, leveled to 80 in like two weeks (it came out the first day of my 2 week holidays, I got to 80 on the last day of my 2week holidays...).
A guardian.
Stopped playing after that but picked up recently. I started to lvl a thief recently but keep ending up playing my guardian again, loving all the end game shit plus I found a looking for group site (http://www.gw2lfg.net (or com or something, google it)) so it's so easy to find a fractual or dungeon group now. Plus gold comes easy now that I know what to do etc...

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]