Guild Wars 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2012, 12:54 PM
RE: Guild Wars 2
Nice, I'm still hovering around 45ish with my elementalist. I don't get too much time to play now that my big laptop is broke. I have to send it in for repair, probably have to replace the main board.
The laptop I'm using now can run LoL with lowered settings just fine but I don't even think it could handle GW2 even on the lowest settings (a slight exaggeration, my guess would be 20fps on the lowest setting). So all the time to play is after my English class on the weekends, until I get my laptop back. Even then I only get a couple hours during the week between my math class and work.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Ah bummer.

Luckily GW2 is pretty good on lvling, you can lvl once or twice or three times in a couple hours.
Can't do that with most MMO's these days.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
13-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Level 17 Human Warrior on Darkhaven. My friends from school and I made a guild. So far the game is pretty fun. Leveling is not to much of a drag. Still want to know what the dungeons are like and what late game is like in general. I like the game so far Big Grin
13-09-2012, 10:35 AM
(13-09-2012 07:41 AM)Misha Wrote:  Level 17 Human Warrior on Darkhaven. My friends from school and I made a guild. So far the game is pretty fun. Leveling is not to much of a drag. Still want to know what the dungeons are like and what late game is like in general. I like the game so far Big Grin

The first instance is fucking hard unless you have a good team of high lvls.

CM, the second one, is pretty easy. It's also the most run so pretty easy to find a party. Short and sweet, good if you're ranged, unlucky if you're melee. Good amount of xp and some alright rewards.

But yeah the first one is a waste of time unless you got a really good party.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
13-09-2012, 05:04 PM
It's nice to play an MMO where leveling isn't such a pain. You can easily level just by running around and do things when ever you run into them.

As far as instances, I ran AC with a couple random people, It was hard but we got it done; and I had fun. I also finally got into some WvW and that was also a blast even tho I'm bad at PvP, so much running tho.

The only problem I'm having in the game, is money, I want to buy tier 1 but I only have enough money to buy 2 small pieces or one bigger one.
13-09-2012, 06:08 PM
(13-09-2012 05:04 PM)AViegarein Wrote:  It's nice to play an MMO where leveling isn't such a pain. You can easily level just by running around and do things when ever you run into them.

As far as instances, I ran AC with a couple random people, It was hard but we got it done; and I had fun. I also finally got into some WvW and that was also a blast even tho I'm bad at PvP, so much running tho.

The only problem I'm having in the game, is money, I want to buy tier 1 but I only have enough money to buy 2 small pieces or one bigger one.

Yea WTF you're exactly like my rl friend. No money to save himself.
I don't get it, I can get a gold in like half an hour. I had over 4g at lvl40, spent it all on crafting and got it again by lvl50.

TP all crafting materials you don't wanna use (including ones too low for your crafting lvl). Sell everything else.
People say to salvage armor/weapons but I really don't see the returns on it.
You spend what, 2s, on salvage kits. Then you break down the item that's worth 1.5s for mats worth 25c it doesn't make sense.
Just vendor that shit.
Or if it's really good sell it on TP, but don't bother selling it on TP if it's like 1c more then the vendor price because it costs like 5c to list the damn thing, I don't understand why people do that either. Must be a "my bags are full" thing.

Oh, and gather everything and TP that as well.

13-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Salvage kits range in price I usually use the cheap ones (either crude or basic) which are less then 1s. My downfall is I'm a pack rat, and an alt-o-holic. So while I have lower level mats, I plan on using them on my other toons. I've been conditioned by WoW to keep magical items for d/e.

This game is friendly and unfriendly to people like me. The collectibles tab is the best thing ever for me, my hording of crafting materials helps keep my bank clean of that stuff. The bank itself is a blessing and a curse, having it shared between all toons helps so I don't have to mail crap to myself. However having them shared means less banks to horde crap.

I need to find a way to break myself of this hoarding and sell some crap and stop salvaging stuff (except light and med armor; cloth and leather is a pain to find enough of). Also I need to find a good place to farm t2 crafting mats (not iron or soft wood, cloth leather and the other stuff).
15-09-2012, 10:31 PM
(13-09-2012 08:41 PM)AViegarein Wrote:  Salvage kits range in price I usually use the cheap ones (either crude or basic) which are less then 1s. My downfall is I'm a pack rat, and an alt-o-holic. So while I have lower level mats, I plan on using them on my other toons. I've been conditioned by WoW to keep magical items for d/e.

This game is friendly and unfriendly to people like me. The collectibles tab is the best thing ever for me, my hording of crafting materials helps keep my bank clean of that stuff. The bank itself is a blessing and a curse, having it shared between all toons helps so I don't have to mail crap to myself. However having them shared means less banks to horde crap.

I need to find a way to break myself of this hoarding and sell some crap and stop salvaging stuff (except light and med armor; cloth and leather is a pain to find enough of). Also I need to find a good place to farm t2 crafting mats (not iron or soft wood, cloth leather and the other stuff).

Wait what, the bank shares over all your characters? I had no idea, that sir is interesting, interesting indeed...
Is the collectables tab shared?

16-09-2012, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2012 02:02 PM by AViegarein.)
(15-09-2012 10:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait what, the bank shares over all your characters? I had no idea, that sir is interesting, interesting indeed...

Yep all bank tabs are shared with all toons on the account, items, collectibles, and money (only the money in the bank of course).

I also learned that you can craft directly from the collectibles tab. Not like you can't just use the bank from the crafting interface to pull it out, but the quality of life is nice.
17-09-2012, 09:50 PM
(16-09-2012 01:58 PM)AViegarein Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 10:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait what, the bank shares over all your characters? I had no idea, that sir is interesting, interesting indeed...

Yep all bank tabs are shared with all toons on the account, items, collectibles, and money (only the money in the bank of course).

I also learned that you can craft directly from the collectibles tab. Not like you can't just use the bank from the crafting interface to pull it out, but the quality of life is nice.

Interesting, I might actually consider spending like 2g to buy another bank tab now.

And yeah, they introduced that craft from the collections tab in a patch, noticed that too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Guild Wars 2 AphexandCambria 5 382 03-05-2013 12:32 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
  E3 Star Wars 1313 pppgggr 3 490 10-06-2012 06:19 AM
Last Post: FSM_scot
  Star Wars - The Old Republic ddrew 13 1,249 19-02-2012 12:21 AM
Last Post: ddrew