Gun Control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: Gun Control
(18-10-2014 09:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  How very enlightening. Drinking Beverage

Look, I've had this debate with numerous individuals on here, including you. No matter how heavy the evidence weighs in my favor, you are quite motivate to disagree. Why? Because you want to be justified in owning a firearm. It is so incredibly similar to the religious wanting God to be real. They are willing to ignore the facts and evidence because they want their reality to be real. I have no personal investment in the debate over firearms -- no preconceived notion to cling to beforehand. I've got no reason other than evidence to arrive to my conclusion. So I just like to sit on the sidelines and watch you and several others flail about -- occasionally posting a .gif to express my amusement -- and move on with my day. It's a waste of my time to debate you, or any other person so clearly motivated to cling to their firearms -- just as it is a waste of time to debate religious fanatics.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
18-10-2014, 09:59 AM
(18-10-2014 09:57 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 09:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  How very enlightening. Drinking Beverage

Look, I've had this debate with numerous individuals on here including you -- and no matter how heavy the evidence weighs in my favor, you are quite motivate to disagree. Why? Because you want to be justified in owning a firearm. It is so incredibly similar to the religious wanting God to be real. They are willing to ignore the facts and evidence because they want their reality to be real. I have no personal investment in the debate over firearms -- no preconceived notion to cling to beforehand. I've got no reason other than evidence to arrive to my conclusion. So I just like to sit on the sidelines and watch you and several others flail about -- occasionally posting a .gif to express my amusement -- and move on with my day. It's a waste of my time to debate you, or any other person so clearly motivated to cling to their firearms -- just as it is a waste of time to debate religious fanatics.

Have you tried to make money with your supposed mind-reading ability?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2014, 10:01 AM
(18-10-2014 09:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  Have you tried to make money with your supposed mind-reading ability?

Nah, unfortunately the deluded don't typically listen.

18-10-2014, 10:02 AM
(18-10-2014 10:01 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 09:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  Have you tried to make money with your supposed mind-reading ability?

Nah, unfortunately the deluded don't typically listen.

So, you have no evidence of your mind-reading abilities?

18-10-2014, 10:06 AM
(18-10-2014 10:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  So, you have no evidence of your mind-reading abilities?

It's not that I lack evidence or a very good record in terms of being right -- it's just that the deluded have their heads so far up their asses, the only thing they hear is all of the hot air building up inside of them.

18-10-2014, 10:09 AM
(18-10-2014 10:06 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 10:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  So, you have no evidence of your mind-reading abilities?

It's not that I lack evidence or a very good record in terms of being right -- it's just that the deluded have their heads so far up their asses, the only thing they hear is all of the hot air building up inside of them.

So, carry on being a complete asshole, then. Drinking Beverage

The rest of us were having a polite fact-based discussion.

18-10-2014, 10:11 AM
(18-10-2014 10:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  So, carry on being a complete asshole, then. Drinking Beverage

[Image: boss-gifs.gif]

18-10-2014, 02:18 PM
I like my guns and I'm responsible with them....

Like the sailor, only spelled differently. Also not a sailor.
19-10-2014, 06:57 PM
I have encountered this argument and I think it's great. If the image doesn't display, it says, to take guns away from the people, you need even more and bigger guns. So if you are pro gun control, you are actually for guns, but in hands of powerful authorities and everyone else helpless.

For myself I'd say, yes, kids may shoot each other with a gun at home, but it's even more likely that a bungled SWAT raid will blow them up with a grenade in a crib or shoot them. Nearly every city in USA has SWAT units. their numbers are skyrocketing and they don't give a damn about raiding the right house for drug suspicion. Why not, if it's warrantless? I will take the gun control nuts seriously when they will point at the big guns. The only good point is, yes, it's not a good idea to bring guns to a drone and militarized SWAT fight, that's a good argument too.

[Image: gun-control.jpg]
19-10-2014, 08:51 PM
(19-10-2014 06:57 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I have encountered this argument and I think it's great. If the image doesn't display, it says, to take guns away from the people, you need even more and bigger guns. So if you are pro gun control, you are actually for guns, but in hands of powerful authorities and everyone else helpless.

For myself I'd say, yes, kids may shoot each other with a gun at home, but it's even more likely that a bungled SWAT raid will blow them up with a grenade in a crib or shoot them. Nearly every city in USA has SWAT units. their numbers are skyrocketing and they don't give a damn about raiding the right house for drug suspicion. Why not, if it's warrantless? I will take the gun control nuts seriously when they will point at the big guns. The only good point is, yes, it's not a good idea to bring guns to a drone and militarized SWAT fight, that's a good argument too.

[Image: gun-control.jpg]

Of course that nut job, cult leader Stefan Moleneux has all the answers...

If in doubt... Consult a weirdo.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]