Gun Control (is Bullshit?)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: Gun Control (is Bullshit?)
(08-06-2012 03:16 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Well they do but its comparing apples to oranges. Great Britian does not believe its citizens have the right to defend themselves in their homes using deadly force. British courts even ruled as such and people can be sent to prison for attempting to defend themselves from prowlers or other threats.

That's completely missing the point.

Over here the average citizen does not have a firearm in their house and all these issues that constantly have been brought up on this thread regarding self defence haven't been an issue over here.

PS. On that side point, I'm quite glad that over here you cannot blow a 16 year old's brains all over your wall whilst they beg for their life all because they broke into your house on a drunken dare with no intention of causing you any harm or even stealing anything.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
08-06-2012, 03:30 PM
(08-06-2012 03:23 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-06-2012 03:16 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Well they do but its comparing apples to oranges. Great Britian does not believe its citizens have the right to defend themselves in their homes using deadly force. British courts even ruled as such and people can be sent to prison for attempting to defend themselves from prowlers or other threats.

That's completely missing the point.

Over here the average citizen does not have a firearm in their house and all these issues that constantly have been brought up on this thread regarding self defence haven't been an issue over here.
Well they can't own guns because of very restrictive gun control laws and the ones that do use say a hunting rifle or shotgun to protect themselves, they get sent to prison for it, which is BS

Quote: PS. On that side point, I'm quite glad that over here you cannot
blow a 16 year old's brains all over your wall whilst they beg for their
life all because they broke into your house on a drunken dare with no
intention of causing you any harm or even stealing anything.
This is pandering demagogery. Paint the homeowner as a predator instead of the guy who's committing a felony and possibly might escalate it to the murder of you, again on a whim. I won't bet my life over a browbeating of gun control guilt.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
08-06-2012, 03:39 PM
(08-06-2012 03:30 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Well they can't own guns because of very restrictive gun control laws and the ones that do use say a hunting rifle or shotgun to protect themselves, they get sent to prison for it, which is BS

Actually over here you can apply for a shotgun license should you have a need for one.

Plus it still proves my point that it is possible to have a society where not everyone's a gun toting maniac yet people are still not the victims of crime as a result.

If we don't need them for self-defence why do you?

Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:This is pandering demagogery. Paint the homeowner as a predator instead of the guy who's committing a felony and possibly might escalate it to the murder of you, again on a whim. I won't bet my life over a browbeating of gun control guilt.

Over here you are absolutely allowed to kill an intruder providing they actually pose a threat. You cannot shoot someone whilst they beg for their life unarmed. It seems fair to me.

It's called reasonable force. You are allowed to use whatever force is necessary to defend yourself, not just be as brutal as you feel like.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
08-06-2012, 04:05 PM
(08-06-2012 02:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(08-06-2012 08:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
You're talking about this as if it was something that happens on a regular basis, let alone at all. How many times has there been an intruder in your house that you had to defend yourself against?
It only has to happen once.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2012, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 04:20 PM by Chas.)
(08-06-2012 03:39 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-06-2012 03:30 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Well they can't own guns because of very restrictive gun control laws and the ones that do use say a hunting rifle or shotgun to protect themselves, they get sent to prison for it, which is BS

Actually over here you can apply for a shotgun license should you have a need for one.

Plus it still proves my point that it is possible to have a society where not everyone's a gun toting maniac yet people are still not the victims of crime as a result.

Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:This is pandering demagogery. Paint the homeowner as a predator instead of the guy who's committing a felony and possibly might escalate it to the murder of you, again on a whim. I won't bet my life over a browbeating of gun control guilt.
Over here you are absolutely allowed to kill an intruder providing they actually pose a threat. You cannot shoot someone whilst they beg for their life unarmed. It seems fair to me.

It's called reasonable force. You are allowed to use whatever force is necessary to defend yourself, not just be as brutal as you feel like.
The principle of reasonable force applies in the U.S., as well. If it is shown that the homeowner executed the unarmed intruder, he/she would be charged.

However, there are some states with 'castle laws' that essentially state that, regarding an intruder in your home, you can shoot first and ask questions later.

Also, you don't believe you would want a gun, but:

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1xF7zxfmf

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2012, 10:24 PM
(08-06-2012 04:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-06-2012 02:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You're talking about this as if it was something that happens on a regular basis, let alone at all. How many times has there been an intruder in your house that you had to defend yourself against?
It only has to happen once.
That doesn't answer my question.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
09-06-2012, 08:36 AM
(08-06-2012 03:39 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

Complete bullshit, Hughsie. You are not allowed to kill someone on a whim in the US. That's all gun control propaganda. You are allowed to use deadly force if you believe your life is in peril. Big difference.

Name one case in the US where a Resident of a domicile shot and killed a burglar unarmed while he pleaded for his life, and was not prosecuted for murder thereafter.

You better pray a British judge thinks your definition of 'reasonable force' agrees with his definition. Or you're going to prison.

I stand by my original diagnosis of you. You would shoot someone in the face while they plead for their life unarmed. You should never be allowed near a weapon of any kind.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
09-06-2012, 09:53 AM
(01-06-2012 01:38 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 01:33 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  I don't know where you're from, but hell yeah, that's how the shit happens.

"Gun control means using both hands in my land"
No, I'd agree. Sounds to me like you, Hughsie and frankiej should not own a gun if you can't exercise self control. I'd also steer clear of knives, swords, Bows, clubs, baseball bats, tire irons or anything else that you could use as a deadly weapon. It's not worth it to spend the rest of your lives in prison.
Haha, seriously... The guy claiming for complete weapons freedom just declared for gun restriction on people in the forum he doesn't even know. Apparently you can't even completely convince yourself of the BULLSHIT you are selling.

I think that means you lose.
[+] 3 users Like Diablo's post
09-06-2012, 05:01 PM
(09-06-2012 08:36 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Complete bullshit, Hughsie. You are not allowed to kill someone on a whim in the US. That's all gun control propaganda. You are allowed to use deadly force if you believe your life is in peril. Big difference.

Name one case in the US where a Resident of a domicile shot and killed a burglar unarmed while he pleaded for his life, and was not prosecuted for murder thereafter.

You better pray a British judge thinks your definition of 'reasonable force' agrees with his definition. Or you're going to prison.

I stand by my original diagnosis of you. You would shoot someone in the face while they plead for their life unarmed. You should never be allowed near a weapon of any kind.

This is what Chas says;

"However, there are some states with 'castle laws' that essentially state that, regarding an intruder in your home, you can shoot first and ask questions later."

You also basically said that America also only allows reasonable force ("You are allowed to use deadly force if you believe your life is in peril. Big difference.), then proceeded to criticise British courts for employing the same system ("You better pray a British judge thinks your definition of 'reasonable force' agrees with his definition. Or you're going to prison.) so I don't really get what you mean.

Oh, and if you really wanna claim that most people don't have a threshold at which they can lose their temper and act out of character then you're either wilfully ignorant or just completely stupid.

As for attacking my character, I'm 20 and hold down two jobs and and doing a college course. One of my jobs involves working with children and I've passed an enhanced background check to do so. I'm hardly a raging psychopath so your comments are just plain ridiculous. Ad hominems just make your case look weak, especially when they are completely unfounded.

Best
Worst
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
09-06-2012, 06:53 PM
(08-06-2012 04:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  The principle of reasonable force applies in the U.S., as well. If it is shown that the homeowner executed the unarmed intruder, he/she would be charged.

However, there are some states with 'castle laws' that essentially state that, regarding an intruder in your home, you can shoot first and ask questions later.

Also, you don't believe you would want a gun, but:

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1xF7zxfmf

1) Quoting the Daily Mail is the UK equivalent of quoting Fox News.

2) If we accept those figures as fair (which they probably aren't) then all you've managed to do is spectacularly prove my point. If I live in such a crime hot-spot yet don't need a firearm for self-defence then why the hell do you?

Best
Worst
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post