Gun Control (is Bullshit?)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2012, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 12:55 PM by arcticspear.)
RE: Gun Control (is Bullshit?)
Who needs a gun anyway? Scared people!

I prefer to use the Acme Rocket Company that my friend Wile E. Coyote recommends.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes arcticspear's post
04-06-2012, 09:48 AM
(03-06-2012 11:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  I should be the only person allowed to carry. Big Grin
Wasn't it Archie Bunker who once said that you could end terrorist hijackings by letting every single person who gets onboard a plane have a gun?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
04-06-2012, 03:52 PM
(04-06-2012 09:48 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(03-06-2012 11:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  I should be the only person allowed to carry. Big Grin
Wasn't it Archie Bunker who once said that you could end terrorist hijackings by letting every single person who gets onboard a plane have a gun?
And it would be less expensive than our current 'security theater'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2012, 04:06 PM
(04-06-2012 09:48 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Wasn't it Archie Bunker who once said that you could end terrorist hijackings by letting every single person who gets onboard a plane have a gun?

That is single funniest idea I've ever heard. Please tell me you aren't serious.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
05-06-2012, 08:17 AM
This thread seems to be full of people who don't understand the concept that gun freedom allows everyone to have a weapon--not just themselves. And "everyone" opens up a very large continuum of possible idiots that will create serious problems. So let me point out: I really don't care how responsible you are with a gun, there are enough people who are not.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
05-06-2012, 08:38 AM
(05-06-2012 08:17 AM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  This thread seems to be full of people who don't understand the concept that gun freedom allows everyone to have a weapon--not just themselves. And "everyone" opens up a very large continuum of possible idiots that will create serious problems. So let me point out: I really don't care how responsible you are with a gun, there are enough people who are not.
I don't think anyone here is saying that everyone can have a gun. The laws that prevent children, felons, crazy people, and addicts from gun ownership are reasonable constraints. The laws for owning fully-automatic weapons are even more restrictive.

Will there be accidents? Yes. Will there be criminal misuse? Yes. But the benefits outweigh the risks.

05-06-2012, 09:07 AM
(05-06-2012 08:17 AM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  This thread seems to be full of people who don't understand the concept that gun freedom allows everyone to have a weapon--not just themselves. And "everyone" opens up a very large continuum of possible idiots that will create serious problems. So let me point out: I really don't care how responsible you are with a gun, there are enough people who are not.
200,000,000 Americans drive automobiles, yet we have 25,000 motor vehicle fatalities every year and thousands more accidents and injuries. Those injuries and fatalities might never have happened if we never allowed people to drive cars. The fact that a few people will abuse their freedoms does NOT give the government a license to deprive others of their rights and freedoms. Freedom requires responsibility and demands that its constituents display discipline. We don't punish the general population for the failings and shortcomings of a few. We do, however, punish those who choose to abuse their freedoms, as it should be.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
05-06-2012, 09:19 AM
(05-06-2012 08:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  Will there be accidents? Yes. Will there be criminal misuse? Yes. But the benefits outweigh the risks.
What are the benefits supposed to be? Why is that nobody in, for example, Germany needs to own a gun in order to protect himself?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
05-06-2012, 11:00 AM
(05-06-2012 09:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(05-06-2012 08:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  Will there be accidents? Yes. Will there be criminal misuse? Yes. But the benefits outweigh the risks.
What are the benefits supposed to be? Why is that nobody in, for example, Germany needs to own a gun in order to protect himself?
There are 7,200,000 registered firearms owned by approximately 2,000,000 licensed citizens in Germany,
and an estimated 17,000,000 unregistered firearms.

Self-defense is a self-evident right. This includes protection from tyranny.

05-06-2012, 11:33 AM
(05-06-2012 09:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
Can you realistically be expected to speak for every German's attitude toward self defense?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"