Gun Control thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-08-2016, 06:44 AM
RE: Gun Control thoughts
(10-08-2016 06:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 05:57 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  When you buy some version of AK 47 in US is it always reworked to be only semi auto? Can you buy a full auto in US?

They really don't sell AK-47's in the US....

Let me explain...

An AK-47 is a selectable fire weapon - that is - it can be selected to fire full auto (where you pull the trigger and the gun fires round after round, till you take your finger off the trigger) or semi-auto (where you have to pull the trigger for each round).

Currently - ALL "AK-47"s being sold in the USA are actually only CALLED AK-47 -- the actual model numbers are different.... The most common these days is a Romanian variant that has the MAK-90 model number..They are ALL semi-automatic... AK-47 has become a catch-all term -- almost a generic...

Summary -- there are NO NEW fully auto "AK-47's" being sold in the USA.

Smile Thanks for the unnecessary explanation , I know what AK 47 is and how it works , I used it ( in its intended purpose :wink: , in a war, it was my main armament ) , it was a domestically manufactured version that`s called M70 .
I was just wondering can you buy any of them in the US, and are they reworked to only be semi auto, because they originally always have full auto capability, unless maybe they are made specifically for US market.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2016, 07:16 AM
(10-08-2016 02:02 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  Ok...here's a controversial topic. I'm not going to get crazy about expressing my personal beliefs...

But you then proceed to do that very thing—at some length too. Big Grin

At any rate, there's already another gun enthusiast's thread HERE; why start another one?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-08-2016, 09:30 AM
(10-08-2016 06:44 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 06:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They really don't sell AK-47's in the US....

Let me explain...

An AK-47 is a selectable fire weapon - that is - it can be selected to fire full auto (where you pull the trigger and the gun fires round after round, till you take your finger off the trigger) or semi-auto (where you have to pull the trigger for each round).

Currently - ALL "AK-47"s being sold in the USA are actually only CALLED AK-47 -- the actual model numbers are different.... The most common these days is a Romanian variant that has the MAK-90 model number..They are ALL semi-automatic... AK-47 has become a catch-all term -- almost a generic...

Summary -- there are NO NEW fully auto "AK-47's" being sold in the USA.

Smile Thanks for the unnecessary explanation , I know what AK 47 is and how it works , I used it ( in its intended purpose :wink: , in a war, it was my main armament ) , it was a domestically manufactured version that`s called M70 .
I was just wondering can you buy any of them in the US, and are they reworked to only be semi auto, because they originally always have full auto capability, unless maybe they are made specifically for US market.

Not everyone knows about it - so it wasn't targeted directly at you.

And the last of the AK's that were brought into the US were manufactured as semi auto... No conversions.

It was cheaper for the manufacturers to build them as semi - than converting them from full auto to semi....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-08-2016, 10:01 AM
(10-08-2016 05:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 02:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  If machine guns are so terrible for killing people and you'd rather use a "hunting lineage" gun, then why do the military use them? And why do mass killers use them?

I don't know of a single case in the USA where a machine gun was used in a crime.....

ummm ... Valentines Day Massacre comes to mind.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-08-2016, 11:04 AM
I just find it weird that some people can't stand living without a gun. It's understandable if you live in a bad area, not really understandable if you're safe, that's when you just seem paranoid.
10-08-2016, 11:16 AM
(10-08-2016 02:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  Your stats for expenditure of rounds per enemy killed I think aren't relevant. War is different - there's suppressing fire and all sorts of reasons why people would fire off more bullets. You're implying that to kill *anyone* I'd need to fire off 50 000 rounds?

I will add a bit of anecdotal evidence that tends to back him up. I used to live in a bad neighborhood, with a fair amount of gang activity, drug dealing, etc. One night there was an incident in a nearby park (just a few blocks from my apartment) where someone shot 57 bullets (per the police report) from an Uzi at his opponent, and hit him exactly once, non-fatally. Of course, that's not 50,000 to 1, but it reinforces the point that these things are not very efficient.
10-08-2016, 11:43 AM
(10-08-2016 10:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 05:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't know of a single case in the USA where a machine gun was used in a crime.....

ummm ... Valentines Day Massacre comes to mind.

Those were LEGALLY purchased.......

Back then - you could buy a Thompson with no background check - no signature, or ID required..... You paid your money - you took your gun.....'

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-08-2016, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2016 12:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-08-2016 11:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 10:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ummm ... Valentines Day Massacre comes to mind.

Those were LEGALLY purchased.......

Back then - you could buy a Thompson with no background check - no signature, or ID required..... You paid your money - you took your gun.....'

Well you didn't distinguish between LEGAL and ILLEGAL machine guns in your blanket statement now did you. Or are you saying because they were legal the massacre wasn't a crime?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
10-08-2016, 12:40 PM
(10-08-2016 12:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 11:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Those were LEGALLY purchased.......

Well you didn't distinguish between LEGAL and ILLEGAL machine guns in your blanket statement now did you. Or are you saying because they were legal the massacre wasn't a crime?

Not at all....

What I'm saying is the legality of the gun is pointless -- if you're the poor bastard being shot at........

And really - I don't care if it's full auto, semi auto - bolt action or single shot....

Just fucking quit shooting -- OK???

10-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Interesting. I posted facts, and some anecdotal evidence I freely admitted was tainted by my personal beliefs, but I was polite, and described my upbringing and my beliefs. I did not attack others for their own beliefs, I simply stated the facts as I know them, and walked away.

You all turned it into a nitpicky, angry, abusive discussion for no reason whatsoever. Some people like firearms, for various reasons, some people don't. Either is fine by me. I happen to be one who does.

I see comments about "Why do you need a gun unless you live in a bad area"....I carry and keep firearms more to defend against the possibility of a corrupt government or a foreign invasion than for personal protection. The Japanese were afraid to mount an invasion of the American heartland because guns were everywhere- they feared a civilian uprising. How is that a bad thing?

Guns DO NOT kill people. We need to sort out the root cause of this violence, it doesn't require a firearm to kill. In the gulf war, insurgents found small bombs to be much more effective than guns...would you rather the shitheads of the world started using IED's instead of .38's?

I know guns. Extremely well. I also know people. We are a violent, predatory race, and probably always will be. For the foreseeable future, at any rate. You can pretend you live in a utopian society all you want- go live in a commune, bury your head in the sand. I Don't Care.

Just leave me the fuck alone, let me be. You don't bother me, and I won't kill you.

Promise.
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post