Gun Control thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-08-2016, 12:04 AM
RE: Gun Control thoughts
(11-08-2016 12:02 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 11:59 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Good grief, girlyboy, you are an argumentative sort, aren't you? Try to follow me here- I'll use the smallest words I know.

If you are trying to find the average decrease in gun related homicides over the period 1981-2014, but all you have is the lowest year, 2014, and the second lowest year, 2013...you cannot figure the average loss. You have no idea what the numbers were for 1981-2012. None whatsoever.

That, my boy, is why I can't do it myself, with the data immediately at hand, which is what we were discussing.

I'm not sure why the holier-than-thou attitude, but it's hilarious- keep it up! (Odd for an atheist, but...hilarious!)

Statistically significant differences is not a concept you are familiar with, is it?

Familiar with? Certainly. Believe to be applicable here? Not at all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2016, 12:05 AM
Curious...you believe the number of gun related homicides in the united states over a 35 year period to be a linear progression?
11-08-2016, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 12:21 AM by GirlyMan.)
(10-08-2016 11:59 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I just realized...you are probably a proponent of common-core math! No wonder you believe you can find the answer! My apologies, I certainly did not mean to ruin your fantasy. After all, if you aren't good at math...change the rules!

Wanna compare university transcripts to see who has more education in math and logic and science? 'Cause that'd be fun. But first we must compare dick sizes.

P.S. I will applaud you though for one of the most feeble attempts at an ad hominem counter I have ever seen. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
11-08-2016, 12:23 AM
(11-08-2016 12:13 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 11:59 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I just realized...you are probably a proponent of common-core math! No wonder you believe you can find the answer! My apologies, I certainly did not mean to ruin your fantasy. After all, if you aren't good at math...change the rules!

Wanna compare university transcripts to see who has more education in math and logic and science? 'Cause that'd be fun. But first we must compare dick sizes.

I have no doubt you would
1. Win the transcript war (I have a BS from the University of Texas in Bio and an MS in herpetology from Sul Ross.) However, plop us both down in a 747 and I will fly us home, you will fly us to the scene of the crash. Different priorities.

2. Lose the dick war. Sorry. I know it's emasculating.

3. Be seriously pissed at the money you tossed down the tubes for your high priced degrees. Seriously, I could agree with what you've said, but...then we'd BOTH be wrong.
11-08-2016, 12:35 AM
(11-08-2016 12:23 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  2. Lose the dick war. Sorry. I know it's emasculating.

Doesn't bother me. Your larger penis would not help you last 5 seconds in the dohyō. And I take exogeneous testosterone. That's just FYI.

(11-08-2016 12:23 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  3. Be seriously pissed at the money you tossed down the tubes for your high priced degrees. Seriously, I could agree with what you've said, but...then we'd BOTH be wrong.

ummmm... okay. I spent a total of $6000 on my BS and MS degrees. I make $160,000/year. Where did I go wrong again? What money did I toss down the tubes?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
11-08-2016, 12:53 AM
(10-08-2016 02:02 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  ...
I was taught firearms safety at a very early age...I'm guessing around 5 or 6- I know I shot my first deer at age 7, anyway. I was sitting in my father's lap in a deer blind, freezing my ass off at the time.

Inherent in this statement is the assumption that a deer's life is of less value than a Texan's.

I need convincing.

(10-08-2016 02:02 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  ...
I am 50 years old, as of February of this year.

Same birthday as my mum. That should be easy to remember come next year.

(10-08-2016 01:30 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  ...
You all turned it into a nitpicky, angry, abusive discussion for no reason whatsoever.

New here?

Big Grin

(11-08-2016 12:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
okay. I spent a total of $6000 on my BS and MS degrees. I make $160,000/year. Where did I go wrong again? What money did I toss down the tubes?

By my calculation... $6000

You could be earning that without spending a penny dime on education.

But not your fault for growing up in the wrong country.

Girl_nails

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-08-2016, 12:55 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 01:01 AM by The Dark One.)
ummmm... okay. I spent a total of $6000 on my BS and MS degrees. I make $160,000/year. Where did I go wrong again? What money did I toss down the tubes?

Ok, we'll go with time instead of money.

Seriously, all of that schooling and you only make $160,000/year? What unappreciative career field did you enter? My retirement is only slightly less than that.

Hopefully you're at least fulfilled as a human being.

Your dohyō comment...obesity is nothing to be ashamed of, my friend. There is help available.
11-08-2016, 12:57 AM
(11-08-2016 12:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  By my calculation... $6000

Girl_nails

Dammit, the DarkOne was right. My math sucks. I hate when that happens.

11-08-2016, 01:03 AM
OHO! DLJ Think him Jerry Lewis! Veddy funny mon! Big Grin
11-08-2016, 01:05 AM
(11-08-2016 12:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 12:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  By my calculation... $6000

Girl_nails

Dammit, the DarkOne was right. My math sucks. I hate when that happens.

!!! I would think you'd be used to it! Cool