Gun Control thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-08-2016, 01:08 AM
RE: Gun Control thoughts
Just out of curiosity, where did I go all ad hominem on your ass? Such was not my intent, except in jest.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2016, 01:12 AM
Quote:Inherent in this statement is the assumption that a deer's life is of less value than a Texan's.

I need convincing.

Come over for holiday. I'll introduce you to a Texas whitetail. Sorry bastards. Kill em all, and let Nugent sort em out, is what I say.
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
11-08-2016, 01:40 AM
(10-08-2016 02:02 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  ...
two small Texas towns listed, both overrun with illegal mexican aliens,

(10-08-2016 01:30 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  ...
The Japanese were afraid to mount an invasion of the American heartland because guns were everywhere- they feared a civilian uprising.

Just a thought... are the Mexicans more courageous than the Japanese?

Or do they just have greater incentive because they want to get their land back?

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-08-2016, 02:33 AM
Quote:Just a thought... are the Mexicans more courageous than the Japanese?

Or do they just have greater incentive because they want to get their land back?

In fairness, all land USED to belong to someone else...but I feel badly about the Mexican-US relationship...although not for the reasons most liberals believe.

I like Mexicans- growing up, most of my friends were Mexican.

What I feel bad about is something you never see on the news, but which is evident to most folks who work along the border or travel in mexico- outside of the tourist traps.

The US is a giant enabler. Mexico is a hotbed of drug cartels and corruption, and it has been for a very long time. If the US border wasn't made of mesh, the Mexican people would have stood together and fixed their country by now, and they would be a richer people for it- in terms of money and their culture. It's easier and safer to escape to the north than it is to gather together and overthrow the corrupt officials and take their country back.
It would be bloody and painful- revolution always is. But in the end they would be a stronger, more proud, confident people. I have no doubt the US would assist them. I know Texas would, at any rate.

It's sad.
[+] 3 users Like The Dark One's post
11-08-2016, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 06:19 AM by onlinebiker.)
The Mexican drug cartels are motivated by money.

The Japanese war machine was motivated by loyalty to the Emperor - a living god....

Don't tell me that capitalism isn't stronger than religion...

The payoff is better guaranteed and more readily enjoyed and apparent......

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-08-2016, 07:17 AM
(10-08-2016 02:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  If machine guns are so terrible for killing people and you'd rather use a "hunting lineage" gun, then why do the military use them? And why do mass killers use them?

What mass killers are those? Consider

No automatic weapon has been used in a murder in the U.S. except once, by a cop.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2016, 07:23 AM
(10-08-2016 06:44 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 06:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They really don't sell AK-47's in the US....

Let me explain...

An AK-47 is a selectable fire weapon - that is - it can be selected to fire full auto (where you pull the trigger and the gun fires round after round, till you take your finger off the trigger) or semi-auto (where you have to pull the trigger for each round).

Currently - ALL "AK-47"s being sold in the USA are actually only CALLED AK-47 -- the actual model numbers are different.... The most common these days is a Romanian variant that has the MAK-90 model number..They are ALL semi-automatic... AK-47 has become a catch-all term -- almost a generic...

Summary -- there are NO NEW fully auto "AK-47's" being sold in the USA.

Smile Thanks for the unnecessary explanation , I know what AK 47 is and how it works , I used it ( in its intended purpose :wink: , in a war, it was my main armament ) , it was a domestically manufactured version that`s called M70 .
I was just wondering can you buy any of them in the US, and are they reworked to only be semi auto, because they originally always have full auto capability, unless maybe they are made specifically for US market.

What you can buy is not a re-worked AK-47, it is a semi-automatic rifle based on the AK-47 design.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-08-2016, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 07:40 AM by Chas.)
(10-08-2016 10:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 05:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't know of a single case in the USA where a machine gun was used in a crime.....

ummm ... Valentines Day Massacre comes to mind.

Except contrary to popular belief, no automatic weapon was used. Nope, no Tommy guns.

Four men disguised as cops went in to do the killing - Tommy guns would not have gone unnoticed.

11-08-2016, 08:24 AM
In the military we use automatic weapons primarily for two purposes.

• Suppression - In a dismounted squad or fire team, one person will typically have a light machine gun designated as a squad automatic weapon, and he'll be slowed down with ammo compared to the rest of us, and a sitting duck when going through the process of swapping a belt. Their primary role will be to shower a covered enemy with bullets intended not to hit them (though if they do, great), but to to keep them pinned down and reduce the effectiveness of their return fire while the rest of us, likely armed with semi autos, attempt to achieve a flank in order to bypass their cover or, if that's not possible, escape to a more defensible position of our own and continue to keep them pinned down while we send their grid to artillery or air support.

• Hitting things that are moving or hitting things while moving yourself - This would be the 240, the M2, or even the MK 19 which we would have mounted on top of a vehicle intended for use in a context in which single, well placed shots are out of the question. The fact that you can cram a vehicle or a fixed position full of extra ammo also makes it a bit more practical than is the case with dismounts (or lone, mobile gunmen).

Whether it's been tried once or twice or not, your typical lone gunman would, almost without exception, be more effective with slower, well placed shots than with a machine gun and trying to carry around the ammo necessary to feed the thing.

Not to get into the core of the debate (got nothing new to add, my stance has been made pretty clear in other threads), just throwing in my two loonies on the topic of machine guns :p

I've got bump fire stocks for two of my three useful guns, effectively turning them into rapid fire weapons. I consider this a toy, though, and a costly one at that. Even with my fucked up imagination, I can't conceive of many real life situations in which I'd put them to use.

My fourth gun, somewhat related to the above discussion, is an AK knockoff that was probably originally assembled in some Pakistani basement. I forget I have it half the time because it's a piece of shit. And yes, it's been converted to semi. Though if I truly felt the need, a metal file and a few minutes is all it takes to convert many semi autos into full autos. I'd never ruin one of my guns in that manner, though :p

'Murican Canadian
11-08-2016, 08:29 AM
I remember back in the day, you could turn a marlin tube fed .22 upside down at just the right angle and it would clear the magazine out quickly Big Grin
The things that bored teens in the country figure out. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post