Gun Control thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-08-2016, 08:35 AM
RE: Gun Control thoughts
(11-08-2016 08:29 AM)skyking Wrote:  I remember back in the day, you could turn a marlin tube fed .22 upside down at just the right angle and it would clear the magazine out quickly Big Grin
The things that bored teens in the country figure out. Tongue

Most gun nuts also know the belt loop trick. Same principle as a bump fire stock, but no equipment required, provided you don't mind hip firing the thing and missing anything not within 20 feet Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
11-08-2016, 08:41 AM
My friend unleashed the mighty marlin on some unsuspecting pop cans one time, and one of the last empties took a very bad bounce and landed on my shirt collar against my neck. I had this T-shaped hickey for a few days, dang that thing was hot!
11-08-2016, 08:41 AM
(10-08-2016 09:04 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Surprisingly -- for most people in the USA -- it's easier to find a gun than a tank of nitrogen...............

I rent tanks of Argon, acetylene and oxygen all the time --- but right off hand - I don't know where I'd get a tank of nitrogen...................

A gun on the other hand -- I can probably name 30 places - and half of those - I know the phone number................

Napa doesn't sell tanks of nitrogen? I thought that they did. Consider

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
11-08-2016, 09:29 AM
(11-08-2016 07:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 10:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ummm ... Valentines Day Massacre comes to mind.

Except contrary to popular belief, no automatic weapon was used. Nope, no Tommy guns.

I'm just going by what I read. Looks pretty specific to be made up.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
11-08-2016, 09:35 AM
(10-08-2016 02:42 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:...
You might want to check out the "gun enthusiast" thread, where things are much friendlier.

Thank you grasshopper...for the record, I do post in the gun enthusiast thread. I was just curious about the reaction here.

I'm not seeing much difference between this thread and the other 50 or so we have on this subject.

Does anyone want me to merge them?

Btw, I have the solution to the 'Murikan gun problem' if anyone's interested.

Wink

11-08-2016, 09:42 AM
(11-08-2016 09:35 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm not seeing much difference between this thread and the other 50 or so we have on this subject.

meh, I'm indifferent to it. One long thread can be hard to follow and sometimes introducing a new thread generates renewed interest. Either way.

(11-08-2016 09:35 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Btw, I have the solution to the 'Murikan gun problem' if anyone's interested.

Yes please. Yes ... and it better make me laugh.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
11-08-2016, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 10:59 AM by The Dark One.)
Quote:I'm not seeing much difference between this thread and the other 50 or so we have on this subject.

I had hoped to at least get a point or two for originality...but if that is not the case, merge as you wish. I'm going to have a glass of single malt and try to forget that I ever read this hurtful comment. Sadcryface

twas all for nought.
There but for the grace of Glen Elgin go I.
11-08-2016, 10:57 AM
At work.

(11-08-2016 10:55 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:I'm not seeing much difference between this thread and the other 50 or so we have on this subject.

I had hoped to at least get a point or two for originality...but if that is not the case, merge as you wish. I'm going to have a glass of single malt and try to forget that I ever read this hurtful comment. Sadcryface

twas all for nought.

Hug

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
11-08-2016, 11:16 AM
(11-08-2016 10:55 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  ...
I had hoped to at least get a point or two for originality...but if that is not the case, merge as you wish.

Nah! Carry on.

If I started on a policy of merging all the gun threads (slippery slope to ... all the morality threads and all the Trump threads (or even all three: Trump's lack of morality incites shootings) etc.) I'd have a full time job and Stark would have to double my salary.

Sadcryface

11-08-2016, 11:24 AM
Yarrr..

And 2 times nada is still nada, eh??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.