Gun Control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2013, 08:00 AM
RE: Gun Control
(11-07-2013 01:26 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 02:34 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  2 days shy of a month with no response to this or subsequent posts... Drinking Beverage

1 day...

And now it has been a month with no real reply to that post or my subsequent posts. Thumbsup

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Ummmm... I did post that I was moving and starting a new job right? I'll reply when I'm not swamped. Cool your titties.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
12-07-2013, 09:02 AM
(12-07-2013 09:01 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Ummmm... I did post that I was moving and starting a new job right? I'll reply when I'm not swamped. Cool your titties.

Just checking you're still alive. I thought the post about being on the road indicated at that moment.

Congrats on a new job Thumbsup Hope they smother you in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Evil_monster

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
12-07-2013, 03:57 PM
(12-07-2013 06:36 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(11-07-2013 10:54 PM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  I see the negative effects. There has to be restrictions. Like Biden said , " Just get a shotgun" .

No, I mean that the individual who is well-intentioned with the firearm is more likely to harm innocent civilians and get himself killed than he is actually shooting the assailants.

Untrue.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2013, 05:51 PM
(12-07-2013 06:36 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(11-07-2013 10:54 PM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  I see the negative effects. There has to be restrictions. Like Biden said , " Just get a shotgun" .

No, I mean that the individual who is well-intentioned with the firearm is more likely to harm innocent civilians and get himself killed than he is actually shooting the assailants.

So is law enforcement. I hear more stories of cops breaking bad then a law abiding gun owner. The argument always is, "Cops have guns and they are good, but guns are bad. " .

I believe the legislation put forth to limit ammunition rounds is reasonable enough.

" My friends. You bow to no one. " - Aragorn

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. " — Samuel Clemens

Simple....buy low, sell high.

Life in Rivendell is nice .
12-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Quote:The argument always is, "Cops have guns and they are good,

That's an argument that could use some exploration.
12-07-2013, 10:38 PM
(12-07-2013 06:53 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:The argument always is, "Cops have guns and they are good,

That's an argument that could use some exploration.

Its not my argument. It is an argument used by anti-gun agenda advocates who assume that position but feel guns are bad . I should have phrased it differently I perhaps .

" My friends. You bow to no one. " - Aragorn

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. " — Samuel Clemens

Simple....buy low, sell high.

Life in Rivendell is nice .
13-07-2013, 04:07 AM
(12-07-2013 03:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  Untrue.

Yes it is very fucking true, Chas.

(12-07-2013 05:51 PM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  So is law enforcement. I hear more stories of cops breaking bad then a law abiding gun owner. The argument always is, "Cops have guns and they are good, but guns are bad. " .

I don't want armed policeman. Stop making assumptions.

(12-07-2013 05:51 PM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  I believe the legislation put forth to limit ammunition rounds is reasonable enough.

It's a good start.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
13-07-2013, 04:40 AM
(13-07-2013 04:07 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(12-07-2013 03:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  Untrue.

Yes it is very fucking true, Chas.

(12-07-2013 05:51 PM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  So is law enforcement. I hear more stories of cops breaking bad then a law abiding gun owner. The argument always is, "Cops have guns and they are good, but guns are bad. " .

I don't want armed policeman. Stop making assumptions.

(12-07-2013 05:51 PM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  I believe the legislation put forth to limit ammunition rounds is reasonable enough.

It's a good start.

That article does not support your statement. You say 'well-intentioned person' but the article describes stupid people doing stupid things.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-07-2013, 09:08 AM
How is that new job coming? I'm still here Drinking Beverage waiting...

—Thomas Henry Huxley