Gun Control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: Gun Control
(10-08-2013 09:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-08-2013 09:23 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Oh I almost forgot because of things like Newtown maybe parents with children who have documented mental instability should not have guns.

Yeah, but the problem is, you define mental instability, literally you said "insane", as someone who owns guns and is a parent. It's kind of hard to back track and change the topic after a statement like that.

As in maybe if that person had not a child in the first place then maybe they there would be no have no shooting. That's not back tracking. Simple really you can have kids then when your children are of age you can have a gun. But exposing impressionable minds to REAL dangerous objects is in my opinion scary, and selfish. No one leaves knives or scissors or wires down for children to get to and hurt themselves. But there's always that idiot every year who leaves his/her gun down and someone dies.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2013, 09:48 PM
(10-08-2013 09:40 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(10-08-2013 09:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Yeah, but the problem is, you define mental instability, literally you said "insane", as someone who owns guns and is a parent. It's kind of hard to back track and change the topic after a statement like that.

As in maybe if that person had not a child in the first place then maybe they there would be no have no shooting. That's not back tracking. Simple really you can have kids then when your children are of age you can have a gun. But exposing impressionable minds to REAL dangerous objects is in my opinion scary, and selfish. No one leaves knives or scissors or wires down for children to get to and hurt themselves. But there's always that idiot every year who leaves his/her gun down and someone dies.

Alright then, let's use your logic and implement you're idea of making the household safe for children. If you're a parent you shouldn't be allowed to have scissors or knives in the house. Some parents don't put them away and kids are dieing because people leave knives laying about. Lets just fix the problem at the source.

Find all posts by this user
10-08-2013, 09:59 PM
(10-08-2013 09:48 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-08-2013 09:40 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  As in maybe if that person had not a child in the first place then maybe they there would be no have no shooting. That's not back tracking. Simple really you can have kids then when your children are of age you can have a gun. But exposing impressionable minds to REAL dangerous objects is in my opinion scary, and selfish. No one leaves knives or scissors or wires down for children to get to and hurt themselves. But there's always that idiot every year who leaves his/her gun down and someone dies.

Alright then, let's use your logic and implement you're idea of making the household safe for children. If you're a parent you shouldn't be allowed to have scissors or knives in the house. Some parents don't put them away and kids are dieing because people leave knives laying about. Lets just fix the problem at the source.
Are you kidding?! A knife is a tool, it is not designed specifically to kill! Until gun owners get it through their skulls that keeping death machines near small curious humans, is not a good idea I think they will be a danger to society. What is so hard about NOT putting a gun near a kid.
10-08-2013, 10:05 PM
(10-08-2013 09:59 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(10-08-2013 09:48 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Alright then, let's use your logic and implement you're idea of making the household safe for children. If you're a parent you shouldn't be allowed to have scissors or knives in the house. Some parents don't put them away and kids are dieing because people leave knives laying about. Lets just fix the problem at the source.
Are you kidding?! A knife is a tool, it is not designed specifically to kill! Until gun owners get it through their skulls that keeping death machines near small curious humans, is not a good idea I think they will be a danger to society. What is so hard about NOT putting a gun near a kid.

The mother of the Newtown murderer was criminally irresponsible. Those guns should have been locked up.

A responsible gun owner does not "put a gun near a kid".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
10-08-2013, 10:06 PM
You're the one that made the knife analogy to begin with, not me. And why not? Because I am a responsible adult. I like guns. They help keep my family safe.

10-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Having a gun in a house with a child, " locked up" or not is and never will be responsible.
http://www.chop.edu/healthinfo/firearms-...rates.html
10-08-2013, 10:27 PM
That is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard in the gun debate. Locking up guns is irresponsible parenting. That's a joke, right?

10-08-2013, 10:41 PM
(10-08-2013 10:27 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  That is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard in the gun debate. Locking up guns is irresponsible parenting. That's a joke, right?

HAVING a gun regardless of its being locked or not is irresponsible! Do you not understand that?!
10-08-2013, 10:47 PM
(10-08-2013 10:19 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Having a gun in a house with a child, " locked up" or not is and never will be responsible.
http://www.chop.edu/healthinfo/firearms-...rates.html

That's bullshit, Quill. I, like a lot of other people, grew up around guns. We had guns in the house and never had problems with them. My father taught me how to shoot when I was five years old and became quite a proficient marksman with a .22 when I was a child. I will probably teach my own children and grandchildren how to shoot.

What you do is tell your children that guns are weapons, not toys, and must be treated with care and respect when handled. Having a responsible adult who sets an example and safely handles guns is the key to a child who safely handles guns. I never had any desires to be reckless with a gun after my parents trained me on how to use one.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
10-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Is this too much logic for you? (House x sleeping/busy adult) + ( gun *locked x curious kid) = BANG

Kids figure out locks, they stand on chairs, they pay attention to where people hide things! Have you never been around children?