Gun Control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Re: Gun Control
You think the one day courses some places provide is adequate?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Are these the only criticisms you have with everything I've posted?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
24-06-2013, 01:51 PM
RE: Gun Control
(24-06-2013 01:28 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You think the one day courses some places provide is adequate?

Yes, along with periodic visits to a range to log time shooting.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
24-06-2013, 01:53 PM
One day courses are enough to learn when not to use a gun and when to use a gun so as not escalate a situation? I think you are being naive about people's ability to comprehend and learn quickly. Especially something that isn't trivial.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
24-06-2013, 02:01 PM
(24-06-2013 01:53 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  One day courses are enough to learn when not to use a gun and when to use a gun so as not escalate a situation? I think you are being naive about people's ability to comprehend and learn quickly. Especially something that isn't trivial.

1) No course can prepare you for every contingency you'll face, nor should it. The best you can offer is a course on gun care and handling, deadly force and the law and some real life scenarios.

2) Fuck you and your attitude that people are too stupid to shoot a gun properly when you yourself have never carried a gun, nor shoot much.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
24-06-2013, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2013 02:48 PM by TheBeardedDude.)
What an awesome attitude you have with regards to discussion on this topic.

And secondly, my comment about inability to learn something in a day applies generally to most things with respect to the average person. You can have some measure of training for anything, and not have learned anything until after you have used it for some measure of time. I imagine a lot of people have been taught something about excel as I have. And I still can't use some of the functions without looking them up.

If your just going to insult then don't waste my time.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
24-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Did you bother to read the articles or were you to lazy and decided to only comment on what I said?

—Thomas Henry Huxley
24-06-2013, 02:37 PM
And man, criticise the intellect of religious with respect to religion on this site and get a thumbs-up, critique gun advocates and the "fuck you" 's start flying.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
24-06-2013, 02:51 PM
And the argument that I've no authority to critique guns and gun laws since I don't carry a gun and have not shot much by your standards, is the exact same argument the religious use when they say atheists can't critique the bible because they haven't studied it long enough or don't believe in it so they can't get it.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
24-06-2013, 02:57 PM
(24-06-2013 02:01 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(24-06-2013 01:53 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  One day courses are enough to learn when not to use a gun and when to use a gun so as not escalate a situation? I think you are being naive about people's ability to comprehend and learn quickly. Especially something that isn't trivial.

1) No course can prepare you for every contingency you'll face, nor should it. The best you can offer is a course on gun care and handling, deadly force and the law and some real life scenarios.

2) Fuck you and your attitude that people are too stupid to shoot a gun properly when you yourself have never carried a gun, nor shoot much.

Chill, dude.

I have a concealed carry permit and I have taken training courses.

I live in a state with strict firearms laws but these courses are not mandatory.

Some people I know, like at the sportsmen's club, scare me. I wouldn't necessarily trust their training and judgement. Some of them have the brains of a sack of hammers. But they are the minority.

The vast majority of gun owners that I know are responsible people.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user