Gun Laws In France

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
14-11-2015, 04:25 PM
RE: Gun Laws In France
(14-11-2015 04:05 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Of course has anyone considered that the French populace might prefer living in a country with strict gun laws?

<watches from afar as all the gun nut heads explode with such a mind-bending concept>

No problem.

I'd just as soon stay armed and hope the terrorists like operating in "gun free environments"....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2015, 04:25 PM
(14-11-2015 04:14 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 04:07 PM)epronovost Wrote:  I would be interested in your statistics and studies that show that high level of guns possession reduce criminality, violent crimes, assaults and terrorism. Guns have pretty much no incidence on criminality or your ability to protect yourself from it. You have countries with a lot of guns and lots of crime and countries with a lot of guns and few crimes. I would also like to point out that if terrorist can make mass shootings in military bases (which they did), it’s not a few civilian who carry guns to watch movies that will save lives. I see those two issues as completly seperate.

I'm not sure if more guns = less crime, but it sure levels the playing field. As for the mass shootings on the military bases, well our soldiers aren't allowed to carry firearms on base unless they're on guard duty. The vast majority of soldiers are walking around with no weapons. If they all had their firearms, do you think those mass murders would have been successful?

I actually think it forces criminal to more violence and to be more heavily armed. Supple gun laws and wider gun possession allow for easier use for them to arm themselves with untrackable weapons. Better shoot your unsuspecting victim instead of threatening her just it case she tries something funny. Guns are tools they don't have a «side» in any conflict.

For military base, I think they would have been just as succesfull. They would just have prepared themselves a little bit more carefully. Terrorists don't mind getting killed as long they can bring a few with them. That's their greatest asset. Permanent perfect vigilence is impossible. Most of those terrorists were also soldier at those base at some point.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
14-11-2015, 04:27 PM
(14-11-2015 04:14 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'm not sure if more guns = less crime, but it sure levels the playing field. As for the mass shootings on the military bases, well our soldiers aren't allowed to carry firearms on base unless they're on guard duty. The vast majority of soldiers are walking around with no weapons. If they all had their firearms, do you think those mass murders would have been successful?

I've never seen a mass shooting in a gun shop, or a gun show.

Wonder why??

It's not for lack of guns.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-11-2015, 04:32 PM
(14-11-2015 03:56 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  3 ... 2 ... 1 ... Oh look another gun thread from the merkins.

France is not America.

Not all of us.

But I totally expected it. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
14-11-2015, 04:39 PM
(14-11-2015 04:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 03:56 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  3 ... 2 ... 1 ... Oh look another gun thread from the merkins.

France is not America.

Not all of us.

Yeah not all merkins are gun nuts. There have been a few voices of sanity on this forum.

I find it quite ironic that this is an atheist forum full of atheists, many of them whom have a religious mentality when it comes to their guns. They try to spread the message of gun-ownership to new countries where it isn't wanted or needed. They react angrily whenever anyone questions their right to freedom of religion gun ownership, which is at the heart of their identity.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
(14-11-2015 04:05 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Of course has anyone considered that the French populace might prefer living in a country with strict gun laws?

<watches from afar as all the gun nut heads explode with such a mind-bending concept>

Sure. But how long until they change their minds? Do you think the French populace will continue being sitting ducks, or will they eventually persuade their government, through force or elections, to let them be armed? 129 people are dead because 129 people chose to follow the law. A law that got them killed.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
(14-11-2015 04:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

No problem.

I'd just as soon stay armed and hope the terrorists like operating in "gun free environments"....

Wuss.
14-11-2015, 04:40 PM

No, that is not a mind-bending concept. They are a democratic country and can choose their own path.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-11-2015, 04:41 PM
(14-11-2015 04:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  

Sure. But how long until they change their minds? Do you think the French populace will continue being sitting ducks, or will they eventually persuade their government, through force or elections, to let them be armed? 129 people are dead because 129 people chose to follow the law. A law that got them killed.

Terrorist attacks haven't made any difference yet to gun ownership laws. Nor will this. People like living in a gun free country. What has made a difference in the past are mass shootings in schools where gun ownership was further restricted. For example Dunblane in the UK.

As I said, France is not America.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
14-11-2015, 04:44 PM
(14-11-2015 04:39 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 04:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not all of us.

Yeah not all merkins are gun nuts. There have been a few voices of sanity on this forum.

I find it quite ironic that this is an atheist forum full of atheists, many of them whom have a religious mentality when it comes to their guns. They try to spread the message of gun-ownership to new countries where it isn't wanted or needed. They react angrily whenever anyone questions their right to freedom of religion gun ownership, which is at the heart of their identity.

I am not against guns. I have owned them myself in the past. We have guns in our house.

I just don't think this a topic where gun laws are the issue that needs to be focused upon.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat