Gun Laws In France

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
14-11-2015, 06:16 PM
RE: Gun Laws In France
(14-11-2015 06:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 05:42 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Your source for this is ... ?

The terrorists in Paris? Armed crime in places that have strict gun control?

Yeah but you referred to criminals, not terrorists.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2015, 06:17 PM
(14-11-2015 06:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  Armed crime in places that have strict gun control?

You mean like the UK where armed crime is on such a scale that the police don't feel the need to be routinely armed?

Hate the belief, love the believer.
14-11-2015, 06:19 PM
(14-11-2015 06:02 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 05:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Suicides will happen no matter what. Suicide rates in countries with no guns are practically the same as America. Just look at Japan.

A lot of people who are suicidal don't commit suicide because doing so is difficult, painful, messy and if you do it wrongly then you still survive and make your life a lot worse.

Your source for this?

Quote:If you have easy access to a gun then it is a lot easier to kill yourself.

Unless you are a gun owner, you should not have easy access to a gun. They shouldn't just be lying around the house. Dodgy

Quote:I wouldn't be here now if I had access to a gun twenty years ago.

To quote Girly, "Speculation". Drinking Beverage

Quote:
(14-11-2015 05:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Yes, terrorists attacks are rare in western countries, NOW. But they're on the rise. You think this is going to stop? No, this is only the beginning.

Yeah right. There have always been waves of terrorism. This is just another one. Terrorism did not start in 2001 you know.

It seems to be on the rise with no sign of it abating.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-11-2015, 06:23 PM
(14-11-2015 03:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  But if they had gun laws like USA then their gun crimes would be through the roof. People would be getting murdered with guns everyday, shops would be getting robbed at gun point every day.
In Idaho many people have concealed weapons and open carry.
Idaho is not Chicago were gun laws are strict.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
14-11-2015, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2015 06:46 PM by Stevil.)
(14-11-2015 06:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 05:42 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Your source for this is ... ?

The terrorists in Paris? Armed crime in places that have strict gun control?
It's a bit like having an argument with my Dad.

I tell him that smoking is a cause for cancer, then he goes off and says that he knows of some people who have smoked all their lives and never got lung cancer and some people that have never smoked but got lung cancer.

He just doesn't quite understand statistics and that although anyone can get cancer, those who smoke are more likely in comparison to those who don't.

Anyways. Terrorists can attack any country regardless of gun laws, but when hand guns are easy to come by in your country then criminals are more likely to have them.
14-11-2015, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2015 06:35 PM by Mathilda.)
(14-11-2015 06:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 06:02 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  A lot of people who are suicidal don't commit suicide because doing so is difficult, painful, messy and if you do it wrongly then you still survive and make your life a lot worse.

Your source for this?

Seriously try to consider how you would kill yourself without the use of a gun that is almost completely fool proof, easy and minimises the pain and suffering caused to other people. Jumping off a cliff or high place is difficult. We have a survival instinct not to do it (try it if you don't believe me). Jumping out in front of a truck or train causes great psychological distress to the driver and causes a terrible mess that needs to be cleaned up. Pills can be vomited up and can leave you alive with organ failure. Hanging is probably the most effective method but you need somewhere high enough and private enough to dangle from and isn't particularly pleasant. Drowning is also difficult. A gun is by far the easiest and most reliable method.

(14-11-2015 06:02 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I wouldn't be here now if I had access to a gun twenty years ago.

To quote Girly, "Speculation". Drinking Beverage

No it isn't.

(14-11-2015 06:02 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Yeah right. There have always been waves of terrorism. This is just another one. Terrorism did not start in 2001 you know.

It seems to be on the rise with no sign of it abating.

Tell that to someone who lived through the troubles in Northern Ireland. Or who lived in London when the IRA were in full swing. As I said earlier, people around the world are hearing about terrorist attacks more easily with better access to immediate graphic content and social media. We're all more involved than watching some blurred out footage on the evening news that some people at a TV station decided was interesting enough to show.
14-11-2015, 07:24 PM
(14-11-2015 06:16 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 06:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  The terrorists in Paris? Armed crime in places that have strict gun control?

Yeah but you referred to criminals, not terrorists.

Are terrorists not criminals? Consider

14-11-2015, 07:33 PM
(14-11-2015 06:30 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 06:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your source for this?

Seriously try to consider how you would kill yourself without the use of a gun that is almost completely fool proof, easy and minimises the pain and suffering caused to other people. Jumping off a cliff or high place is difficult. We have a survival instinct not to do it (try it if you don't believe me). Jumping out in front of a truck or train causes great psychological distress to the driver and causes a terrible mess that needs to be cleaned up. Pills can be vomited up and can leave you alive with organ failure. Hanging is probably the most effective method but you need somewhere high enough and private enough to dangle from and isn't particularly pleasant. Drowning is also difficult. A gun is by far the easiest and most reliable method.

And yet, half of suicides are not committed with a firearm.

Quote:
(14-11-2015 06:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  To quote Girly, "Speculation". Drinking Beverage

No it isn't.

I have contemplated that. When you actually have the gun to your head, it changes your perspective - it makes death imminent and obvious.

You don't actually know what would happen in that circumstance.

Quote:
(14-11-2015 06:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  It seems to be on the rise with no sign of it abating.

Tell that to someone who lived through the troubles in Northern Ireland. Or who lived in London when the IRA were in full swing. As I said earlier, people around the world are hearing about terrorist attacks more easily with better access to immediate graphic content and social media. We're all more involved than watching some blurred out footage on the evening news that some people at a TV station decided was interesting enough to show.

Yeah, and I lived through FLQ bombings, kidnaps, and murders, followed by martial law with soldiers armed with automatic rifles, bayonets affixed, on every street corner and riding the city buses.

We got the news of the insanity in Northern Ireland here in North America, y'know. Dodgy

Those terrorist acts were outrageous to us because they were not common. They are more common and widespread now.

14-11-2015, 07:49 PM
(14-11-2015 07:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Quote:Tell that to someone who lived through the troubles in Northern Ireland. Or who lived in London when the IRA were in full swing. As I said earlier, people around the world are hearing about terrorist attacks more easily with better access to immediate graphic content and social media. We're all more involved than watching some blurred out footage on the evening news that some people at a TV station decided was interesting enough to show.

Yeah, and I lived through FLQ bombings, kidnaps, and murders, followed by martial law with soldiers armed with automatic rifles, bayonets affixed, on every street corner and riding the city buses.

We got the news of the insanity in Northern Ireland here in North America, y'know. Dodgy

Those terrorist acts were outrageous to us because they were not common. They are more common and widespread now.
I was bombed by NATO and had a guy's head blown off by UCK 2 meters away from me.

Do I win?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
14-11-2015, 08:08 PM
(14-11-2015 07:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 06:16 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Yeah but you referred to criminals, not terrorists.

Are terrorists not criminals? Consider

Depends on at what stage you have to go to become a terrorist. Is someone a terrorist only when they act? Plan a terrorist attack? think about it to themselves? just have some desires to do so? Idk.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson