Gun Sales Expected to Rise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2016, 07:01 AM
RE: Gun Sales Expected to Rise
(15-06-2016 06:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And if you need help --- yell.....

Maybe you'll get lucky and somebody will help...

Naaah. I've taken care of myself plenty of times without a gun.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2016, 07:03 AM
(15-06-2016 06:59 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Fear purchasing is foolish. But for as many smart gun owners there are stupid ones, maybe more.

I am making some plans to get an rv and travel when I retire so I will be buying a handgun and getting my cc but that is in the future a couple years away. I am not going to run out and get my gun now because of fear of gun grabbers.

I think you'll be fine..... They'll try to go after the "scary black rifles" again --- and will probably fail.......

When you do decide to buy and carry ---- train, train, train.........

A well trained person with a piddly .22 stands a far better chance than an untrained idiot with a bazooka.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-06-2016, 07:13 AM
(15-06-2016 07:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 06:59 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Fear purchasing is foolish. But for as many smart gun owners there are stupid ones, maybe more.

I am making some plans to get an rv and travel when I retire so I will be buying a handgun and getting my cc but that is in the future a couple years away. I am not going to run out and get my gun now because of fear of gun grabbers.

I think you'll be fine..... They'll try to go after the "scary black rifles" again --- and will probably fail.......

When you do decide to buy and carry ---- train, train, train.........

A well trained person with a piddly .22 stands a far better chance than an untrained idiot with a bazooka.......

Oh yess, no problem. I've been a gun owner and target shooter most of my life. I'm very big on safety and experience with your weapon of choice. I just haven't bought anything since I divorced. I could've taken some of them with me but I didn't have a safe so he still has all of our collection.

I will not just go buy something and stick it in a drawer somewhere. That's how stupid happens.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
15-06-2016, 08:06 AM
I ordered 900 rounds of Federal xm193 and 1000 rounds of Blazer Brass FMJ 124 grain 9mm Sunday morning after I heard about the shooting. I'm not getting ready for a massacre nor am I hoarding. Just stocking up on some practice ammo before the prices go up again. Three years ago that probably would only have been a 2 - 3 month supply. I'm not shooting as much these days though and the 5.56 will probably last me about a year. That's about 6 trips to the range.

FYI for anyone that runs premium SD ammo in their pistols, SG Ammo still has Federal HST and Gold Dots available in 9mm and 45. The 9mm HST is about $.50 a round. The Gold Dots are about a dollar less for a box of 50. The 45 runs about a dollar more per box than the 9mm. I expect that a month from now this stuff will be almost impossible to find and cost at least twice as much when you can get it.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
15-06-2016, 08:09 AM
Concerned NRA Official Rushes Out To Purchase Congressman Following Mass Shooting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Gawdzilla's post
15-06-2016, 08:10 AM
It’s An Honor To Continue Being Valued Over Countless Human Lives
[+] 5 users Like Gawdzilla's post
15-06-2016, 08:19 AM
(15-06-2016 06:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I really don't understand people -- why do they go buy shit, when the demand is at it's highest??? Don't they realize they're going to get fleeced???.

It's because their not doing it based out of rational thinking, but rather from fear. It will vary from person to person, but it's probably some combination of "I don't want to be unprepared when the terrorists come" and/or "This time the Democrats will successfully pass a sweeping gun control law through the Republican-controlled House and Senate! Gotta stock up!".

I mean, I can understand the basic assumptions they're making and the desire to have guns, but you're right. They should have either bought one earlier if they really cared, or wait a bit for the demand to drop.

I think a lot of it is just people being reactionary. I have a relative who got very interested in buying an AR 15 after the Newtown shooting. Now, I can't say for sure that he didn't care about them before, but he started showing a lot of interest after. He was afraid they would become unavailable, and he had to have one. People react to loss more strongly than gain on a psychological level, and I think he was trying to react to the potential loss of availability... even if he didn't care about having an AR 15 in the first place.

I'm unapologetically liberal, but I hate when gun control debates pop up after shootings like this. It's an obvious appeal to emotion from the left, which gets met by appeals to emotion from the right in defense. It'd be nice if this were a topic people were willing to discuss rationally.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
15-06-2016, 08:22 AM
(15-06-2016 08:09 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Concerned NRA Official Rushes Out To Purchase Congressman Following Mass Shooting
(15-06-2016 08:10 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  It’s An Honor To Continue Being Valued Over Countless Human Lives

At Times Like This, We Need To Pull Ourselves Up, Hold Our Loved Ones Close, Block Any Legislation That Would Prevent Suspected Terrorists From Buying Guns, And Say A Prayer For The Victims

I love the Onion.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
15-06-2016, 08:28 AM
So, I presume the idea behind buying guns now is to protect themselves from any future shooters, correct?

Is there data anywhere on how often someone starts shooting some place up and is stopped by a random civilian with a gun?

Can we compare that with the numbers on how often said shooters are able to continue shooting?

I've been curious about this for a while.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
15-06-2016, 08:29 AM
(15-06-2016 08:22 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 08:09 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Concerned NRA Official Rushes Out To Purchase Congressman Following Mass Shooting
(15-06-2016 08:10 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  It’s An Honor To Continue Being Valued Over Countless Human Lives

At Times Like This, We Need To Pull Ourselves Up, Hold Our Loved Ones Close, Block Any Legislation That Would Prevent Suspected Terrorists From Buying Guns, And Say A Prayer For The Victims

I love the Onion.

NRA Sends Complimentary Bereavement Gun Baskets To Families Of Shooting Victims
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post