Gun Sales Expected to Rise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2016, 12:30 PM
RE: Gun Sales Expected to Rise
(15-06-2016 12:24 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 10:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Are you being cute???

Chicanery???

The NRA is as up front as can be --- "Leave our gun rights alone".....

Where's the deception??

The "Gun Control Advocates" (read - whiny anti-gun types) - want to pass "Safety Legislation" (read - banning one type of gun at a time) till they have "Sensible Gun Legislation" (read - outright ban -- or only ownership of obsolete, deactivated antiques that must be locked up in vaults, that are only opened when the "Gun Control Advocates" feel it's safe).....

You want deception??

Look at Barbra Boxer, Diane Feinstein, Hillary Clinton and the rest of the "Brady Bunch".....

There's where you'll find people lying their asses off -- for "the better good"..
You must weigh a ton from drinking all that Kool-aid.

And that's what you bring to the table...

Trite witticisms and bullshit.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2016, 12:46 PM
(15-06-2016 12:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 12:24 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You must weigh a ton from drinking all that Kool-aid.

And that's what you bring to the table...

Trite witticisms and bullshit.

Like meets like, dude. Your shit stinks too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-06-2016, 02:15 PM
(15-06-2016 08:28 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  So, I presume the idea behind buying guns now is to protect themselves from any future shooters, correct?

Is there data anywhere on how often someone starts shooting some place up and is stopped by a random civilian with a gun?

Can we compare that with the numbers on how often said shooters are able to continue shooting?

I've been curious about this for a while.

I've heard many many people on this forum make the claim it happens every day. Some small, random crime is prevented by some schmuck with a gun.

It's only in the big places, like movie theaters, shopping malls, dance clubs, schools, where there isn't anyone.

Here when there was a shooter at our shopping mall years ago, someone with a conceal carry gun was there. They debated trying to shoot the shooter but were fearful that they'd hit someone innocent -- instead they hid. (Myself, I was waking into that mall to pick up a bday gift, I heard people screaming and shots -- yeah I walked out and straight to my car and drove home shaking (the police were driving down the road passed me as I made my way).

But that more guns crowd doesn't like hearing about that. They like to focus on the liquor store robbery or something else.

While no robbery is completely insignificant, I don't consider it as significant as when someone is randomly firing into a crowd of people.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

15-06-2016, 02:19 PM
The "Ideal Gun Fight" has the Bad Guy shot cleanly by one or more Good Guys with no collateral casualties. The "Ideal Marriage" works in much the same way. I.e., they're both fantasies.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
15-06-2016, 02:21 PM
(15-06-2016 02:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 08:28 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  So, I presume the idea behind buying guns now is to protect themselves from any future shooters, correct?

Is there data anywhere on how often someone starts shooting some place up and is stopped by a random civilian with a gun?

Can we compare that with the numbers on how often said shooters are able to continue shooting?

I've been curious about this for a while.

I've heard many many people on this forum make the claim it happens every day. Some small, random crime is prevented by some schmuck with a gun.

It's only in the big places, like movie theaters, shopping malls, dance clubs, schools, where there isn't anyone.

Here when there was a shooter at our shopping mall years ago, someone with a conceal carry gun was there. They debated trying to shoot the shooter but were fearful that they'd hit someone innocent -- instead they hid. (Myself, I was waking into that mall to pick up a bday gift, I heard people screaming and shots -- yeah I walked out and straight to my car and drove home shaking (the police were driving down the road passed me as I made my way).

But that more guns crowd doesn't like hearing about that. They like to focus on the liquor store robbery or something else.

While no robbery is completely insignificant, I don't consider it as significant as when someone is randomly firing into a crowd of people.

The guy who had a gun and hid -- did exactly the right thing.....

If you don't have the confidence to use the gun - you shouldn't -- especially against someone who is also armed with a gun. There are nicer ways to commit suicide........

Again -- the reason that a "good guy with a gun" never gets the opportunity -- is in almost every case --- the shooter goes to a place where carrying a gun is prohibited............(and good guys follow the law).

If a "lone gunman" went into a police station - a gun show - or a gun shop -- there's likely to be some return fire..........

These sick bastards are cowards - just looking for recognition..... They're not going to try it against people who have the ability AND means to attempt protecting themselves..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
15-06-2016, 02:44 PM
(15-06-2016 02:21 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 02:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've heard many many people on this forum make the claim it happens every day. Some small, random crime is prevented by some schmuck with a gun.

The guy who had a gun and hid -- did exactly the right thing.....

If you don't have the confidence to use the gun - you shouldn't -- especially against someone who is also armed with a gun. There are nicer ways to commit suicide........

Again -- the reason that a "good guy with a gun" never gets the opportunity -- is in almost every case --- the shooter goes to a place where carrying a gun is prohibited............(and good guys follow the law).

If a "lone gunman" went into a police station - a gun show - or a gun shop -- there's likely to be some return fire..........

These sick bastards are cowards - just looking for recognition..... They're not going to try it against people who have the ability AND means to attempt protecting themselves..

He was x military and quite competent with a gun. I'm pretty sure he was competent.

I do agree that these are done by cowards -- but here if you do have a conceal carry...you can carry almost anywhere. Most courts don't allow them...but there are a couple that I guess do -- because the judges allow it.

But even in schools it's legal, and always has been, k-college if you've got the permit, you can carry. Drinking Beverage

15-06-2016, 03:09 PM
(15-06-2016 02:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 02:21 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The guy who had a gun and hid -- did exactly the right thing.....

He was x military and quite competent with a gun. I'm pretty sure he was competent.

I do agree that these are done by cowards -- but here if you do have a conceal carry...you can carry almost anywhere. Most courts don't allow them...but there are a couple that I guess do -- because the judges allow it.

But even in schools it's legal, and always has been, k-college if you've got the permit, you can carry. Drinking Beverage

You're in a more gun liberal state then....

In Michigan -- there's a long list of places you can't carry....

I avoid those places...

15-06-2016, 03:15 PM
(15-06-2016 02:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 02:21 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The guy who had a gun and hid -- did exactly the right thing.....

Also --- being ex-military helps --- but -- not all servicemembers do regular training with firearms -- and do NOT train with handguns that are generally carried for self defense....

There's a huge difference in between the skills used wielding an M-4 and a J-frame Smith and Wesson revolver......

I'm just guessing -- but I think the guy was probably smart enough to know that he wasn't proficient enough with a small revolver or automatic- to be sure enough not to miss a target and inflict unintentional injury or death on an innocent....

A big part of training -- is knowing when you CAN'T do something...

15-06-2016, 03:24 PM
(15-06-2016 03:15 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 02:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He was x military and quite competent with a gun. I'm pretty sure he was competent.

Also --- being ex-military helps --- but -- not all servicemembers do regular training with firearms -- and do NOT train with handguns that are generally carried for self defense....

There's a huge difference in between the skills used wielding an M-4 and a J-frame Smith and Wesson revolver......

I'm just guessing -- but I think the guy was probably smart enough to know that he wasn't proficient enough with a small revolver or automatic- to be sure enough not to miss a target and inflict unintentional injury or death on an innocent....

A big part of training -- is knowing when you CAN'T do something...

You can't dismiss everything. He described the scene. People were running away from the shooter (toward him), there were pillars and kiosks where one person was murdered. The shooter was situated in a place where from his perspective, he couldn't fire safely. Shopping malls aren't always free of obstacles.

The police came in behind the shooter from the other side of the mall. Their vantage point was totally different.

15-06-2016, 03:34 PM
I think at this point, there should just be a Gun section on this forum.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze