Gun Sales Expected to Rise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2016, 02:36 AM
RE: Gun Sales Expected to Rise
(15-06-2016 05:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  A subforum for what is essentially half the politics section. Every other day there's a new thread about guns.

To be honest it's why I don't post much any more on TTA or AF. It's even worse on AF. It's ridiculous and it happens on every forum where there are a majority of American posters. I remember being a mod on a naturist forum which actually banned gun threads (along with any threads about politics or religion) and this caused so many problems. It even caused one mod to delete the entire forum and database in a huff.

Absolutely no other off-topic subject receives as much attention from Americans. No hobby such as games, computers, cars or bikes. No political subject has as many threads started about it as guns do on a forum where there are American posters. The county is obsessed with guns to an unhealthy degree. I dare people here to name just one off-topic subject that starts as many threads amongst American members as guns do.

Most members here are atheists, but a fair few are still religiously minded because of their obsession with guns. The same blinkered worshipping happens, but not for a mythical intelligent being, but for a mythical non-existent use.

Let's look at the comparisons with zealous Christians:
  • Fanatical devotion to the cause.
  • Justification based on an ancient text that could mean anything.
  • Refusal to compromise.
  • Persecution mentality despite getting own way.
  • "No surrender" mentality.
  • Rules not readily extended to minorities.
  • Exploitation by politicians and corporate lobbyists.
  • Tries to convince other people and by doing so ultimately makes the world a worse place.

It seems that many people's sense of identity and self worth is wrapped up in having the physical means to destroy other people's lives in some hypothetical situation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post
16-06-2016, 04:26 AM
(16-06-2016 02:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 05:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  A subforum for what is essentially half the politics section. Every other day there's a new thread about guns.

To be honest it's why I don't post much any more on TTA or AF. It's even worse on AF. It's ridiculous and it happens on every forum where there are a majority of American posters. I remember being a mod on a naturist forum which actually banned gun threads (along with any threads about politics or religion) and this caused so many problems. It even caused one mod to delete the entire forum and database in a huff.

Absolutely no other off-topic subject receives as much attention from Americans. No hobby such as games, computers, cars or bikes. No political subject has as many threads started about it as guns do on a forum where there are American posters. The county is obsessed with guns to an unhealthy degree. I dare people here to name just one off-topic subject that starts as many threads amongst American members as guns do.

Most members here are atheists, but a fair few are still religiously minded because of their obsession with guns. The same blinkered worshipping happens, but not for a mythical intelligent being, but for a mythical non-existent use.

• Refusal to compromise.
  • Tries to convince other people and by doing so ultimately makes the world a worse place.

It seems that many people's sense of identity and self worth is wrapped up in having the physical means to destroy other people's lives in some hypothetical situation.

I can't like this enough times. Hug

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
16-06-2016, 05:38 AM

• Refusal to compromise.

So you can't just ignore the threads you don't like, like most people? Drinking Beverage

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
16-06-2016, 05:53 AM

• Refusal to compromise.

You realize you just described the entire Brady Bunch (not the TV show)..

It works both ways, ya see...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
16-06-2016, 06:35 AM
(15-06-2016 05:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 05:36 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  A subforum for violence?

Well, we have one for just about every other human instinct and custom. Why not?

A subforum for what is essentially half the politics section. Every other day there's a new thread about guns.

Yeah, I know.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
16-06-2016, 07:07 AM
(15-06-2016 03:09 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In Michigan -- there's a long list of places you can't carry....

I avoid those places...

Really? You live in a society where you're so scared you don't go anywhere you can't take a gun?

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
16-06-2016, 07:17 AM
(16-06-2016 07:07 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 03:09 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In Michigan -- there's a long list of places you can't carry....

I avoid those places...

Really? You live in a society where you're so scared you don't go anywhere you can't take a gun?

No, we live in a society where we can make choices on whom we support with our business or not. Just like I don't do business with Hobby Lobby because they are religious misogynists or Chicfila because they are LGBT haters.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
16-06-2016, 07:20 AM
(16-06-2016 07:17 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 07:07 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Really? You live in a society where you're so scared you don't go anywhere you can't take a gun?

No, we live in a society where we can make choices on whom we support with our business or not. Just like I don't do business with Hobby Lobby because they are religious misogynists or Chicfila because they are LGBT haters.

Did you just equate "no carry" institutions with LGBT haters?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-06-2016, 07:32 AM
(16-06-2016 07:20 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 07:17 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  No, we live in a society where we can make choices on whom we support with our business or not. Just like I don't do business with Hobby Lobby because they are religious misogynists or Chicfila because they are LGBT haters.

Did you just equate "no carry" institutions with LGBT haters?

No, she didn't. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-06-2016, 07:36 AM
(16-06-2016 07:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 07:20 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Did you just equate "no carry" institutions with LGBT haters?

No, she didn't. Drinking Beverage

"I don't go into (hate group) because..."

What did I miss?