Gun Sales Expected to Rise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2016, 08:01 AM
RE: Gun Sales Expected to Rise
(16-06-2016 07:07 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 03:09 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In Michigan -- there's a long list of places you can't carry....

I avoid those places...

Really? You live in a society where you're so scared you don't go anywhere you can't take a gun?

Do you carry insurance on your car???

Why???

Are you a shitty driver??????

It's called - "being prepared".

I was a Boy Scout (Be Prepared) - AND a Coastguardsman -- (Semper Paratus (always ready) ) --- So I long ago learned the virtues of being prepared.

It's a fucking violent world out there.

I don't plan on entering it woefully unprepared.

You can go around defenseless if you like - and rely on whatever luck you wish.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2016, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2016 08:07 AM by Heatheness.)
(16-06-2016 07:36 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 07:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, she didn't. Drinking Beverage

"I don't go into (hate group) because..."

What did I miss?

The point, obviously, which is choice.

(That was a pretty pathetic attempt to demonize me though. Fail.)

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
16-06-2016, 08:08 AM
(16-06-2016 07:36 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 07:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, she didn't. Drinking Beverage

"I don't go into (hate group) because..."

What did I miss?

Understanding? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-06-2016, 08:12 AM
(16-06-2016 07:36 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "I don't go into (hate group) because..."

What did I miss?

If I read her post right, she "equated them" in so much that she said that some businesses/places might have a stance X, and you are free to go or not go there.

Granted, I don't think the analogy is quite accurate. There are places where you can't carry guns where you might be pretty much required to do (certain government buildings), but generally speaking, you have a variety of places to buy chicken sandwiches or arts and crafts supplies.
16-06-2016, 08:15 AM
(16-06-2016 08:04 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 07:36 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "I don't go into (hate group) because..."

What did I miss?

The point, obviously, which is choice.

I don't bother demonizing people, they're good enough at it by themselves. But you did compare no carry places to Hobby Lobby.
16-06-2016, 08:15 AM
(16-06-2016 08:12 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

What did I miss?

If I read her post right, she "equated them" in so much that she said that some businesses/places might have a stance X, and you are free to go or not go there.

Granted, I don't think the analogy is quite accurate. There are places where you can't carry guns where you might be pretty much required to do (certain government buildings), but generally speaking, you have a variety of places to buy chicken sandwiches or arts and crafts supplies.
Did you intend to make a point there?
16-06-2016, 08:16 AM
(16-06-2016 08:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 07:07 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Really? You live in a society where you're so scared you don't go anywhere you can't take a gun?

Do you carry insurance on your car???

Why???

Are you a shitty driver??????

It's called - "being prepared".

I was a Boy Scout (Be Prepared) - AND a Coastguardsman -- (Semper Paratus (always ready) ) --- So I long ago learned the virtues of being prepared.

It's a fucking violent world out there.

I don't plan on entering it woefully unprepared.

You can go around defenseless if you like - and rely on whatever luck you wish.

Most people live to an old age without owning carrying some type of defense. It's fine to be prepared but it's not like you won't survive without it nor will you most likely survive with it, there are too many variables. A plane could crash into your home while you are asleep, or a car could crash into you while you are walking out of Walmart, or a stray bullet from a gun firing somewhere else could kill you, or you could be struck by lightning. A gun won't guarantee your safety as much as car insurance won't guarantee you won't be in an accident whether is your fault or someone else's.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-06-2016, 08:18 AM
Insurance... Auto insurance is provided by a group of professionals. Gun insurance is provided by almost anyone who can pay for one or fifty. False equivalence.
16-06-2016, 08:21 AM
(16-06-2016 08:15 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 08:12 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  If I read her post right, she "equated them" in so much that she said that some businesses/places might have a stance X, and you are free to go or not go there.

Did you intend to make a point there?

Are you asking about the part where I asked the question you answered or the part where I implicitly agreed with you?
16-06-2016, 08:23 AM
(16-06-2016 08:15 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 08:04 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  The point, obviously, which is choice.

I don't bother demonizing people, they're good enough at it by themselves. But you did compare no carry places to Hobby Lobby.

No. I equated choice to choice regardless of the reason. Someone else's reasons are not your business.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]