Gun Sales Expected to Rise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2016, 05:40 AM
RE: Gun Sales Expected to Rise
The reason Andy didn't allow him to have more than one bullet, and an unloaded gun, was because he was afraid Barney would shoot up the town. He was right, I believe.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2016, 05:46 AM
(17-06-2016 05:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  But, feel free to believe your movie heroes are the "tough guys".

Where did I even imply Chuck the Fuck was a hero of any type?
17-06-2016, 06:43 AM
(17-06-2016 05:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Don Knotts is actually better able to defend himself than Chuck Norris - if Don is the one with a gun, and he trains to use it.

Only if Chuck Norris is greater than 21 feet away in which case Don would probably get done for murder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill
http://www.theppsc.org/Staff_Views/Tuell....Close.htm

Quote:But, feel free to believe your movie heroes are the "tough guys".

You seem to be one enamoured by movie heroes pulling out guns and saving the day when the reality of the situation is that a gun is useless at best in most situations, and a liability in normal circumstances.

(17-06-2016 05:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A gun IS an equalizer.

Only if used over 7 yards away but not more than 100 yards. At which point, you could do something else instead, like you know, run away rather than risk your own liberty for having shot someone from far away.

And those figures are dependent upon you being trained and current in using a handgun. Trained in being able to pull out a gun in time, and trained in being able to aim it at long distance. So not exactly an equaliser then. An equaliser would be when anyone can point and shoot a gun and have equal chance of hitting. You could for example spend the time learning a martial art such a Krav Maga.

http://www.your-krav-maga-expert.com/gun-vs-knife.html

The only people who will already have their guns out are the criminals already intent on using it.

As an aside, we've just had an MP shot dead here in the UK. The cops here don't carry guns. The gunman was tackled by a passer by who got stabbed, not shot. The gunman was then tackled and subsequently arrested by two unarmed policemen wearing no protective clothing.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
17-06-2016, 07:16 AM
(17-06-2016 05:46 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(17-06-2016 05:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  But, feel free to believe your movie heroes are the "tough guys".

Where did I even imply Chuck the Fuck was a hero of any type?

Listen up dipshit..

When you start dragging out TV personas as examples of reality (which you did) -- you deserve whatever disdain you receive....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-06-2016, 07:17 AM
(17-06-2016 04:56 AM)Vosur Wrote:  It's sad that many people in the US feel this way. I've lived my whole life in Germany without ever thinking that I need to carry a weapon with me when I'm outside. The idea that you need a firearm instead of a taser or pepper spray is absurd to me.

I agree with you. I've lived my whole life in America without ever owning or carrying a gun, and without ever thinking that I needed one. And I'm 61 years old. We're not all crazy here.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
17-06-2016, 07:24 AM
(17-06-2016 06:43 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(17-06-2016 05:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Don Knotts is actually better able to defend himself than Chuck Norris - if Don is the one with a gun, and he trains to use it.

Only if Chuck Norris is greater than 21 feet away in which case Don would probably get done for murder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill
http://www.theppsc.org/Staff_Views/Tuell....Close.htm

Quote:But, feel free to believe your movie heroes are the "tough guys".

You seem to be one enamoured by movie heroes pulling out guns and saving the day when the reality of the situation is that a gun is useless at best in most situations, and a liability in normal circumstances.

(17-06-2016 05:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A gun IS an equalizer.

Only if used over 7 yards away but not more than 100 yards. At which point, you could do something else instead, like you know, run away rather than risk your own liberty for having shot someone from far away.

And those figures are dependent upon you being trained and current in using a handgun. Trained in being able to pull out a gun in time, and trained in being able to aim it at long distance. So not exactly an equaliser then. An equaliser would be when anyone can point and shoot a gun and have equal chance of hitting. You could for example spend the time learning a martial art such a Krav Maga.

http://www.your-krav-maga-expert.com/gun-vs-knife.html

The only people who will already have their guns out are the criminals already intent on using it.

As an aside, we've just had an MP shot dead here in the UK. The cops here don't carry guns. The gunman was tackled by a passer by who got stabbed, not shot. The gunman was then tackled and subsequently arrested by two unarmed policemen wearing no protective clothing.

You obviously don't know anything about American self defense law....

I've been through the CCW course countless times (we opened my garage as a classroom, and range for student use for CCW classes )

I DO know the legalities of self defense......

Feel free to do things how you like in your country.

You don't get to make those decisions for me.

Thanks...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-06-2016, 07:46 AM
(17-06-2016 07:16 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(17-06-2016 05:46 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Where did I even imply Chuck the Fuck was a hero of any type?

Listen up dipshit..

When you start dragging out TV personas as examples of reality (which you did) -- you deserve whatever disdain you receive....

Okay, you'really an idiot, thanks for the confirmation .