Gun Violence -- Cooking the Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2016, 11:37 AM
Gun Violence -- Cooking the Books
NPR did an interesting comparison of gun violence - and ranked the US #1 when compared to Western Europe.......

Unfortunately - their editorial slant (and obvious anti-gun bias) falls flat on it's face when you start comparing other areas --- like all of North and South America -- where the US falls to #13 ....

The really fun part -- is they neglect to point out all those countries in the Americas that come in ahead (depending on your view) in the number of gun deaths - have far more draconian gun laws than the United States............

But SOMEHOW -- more gun control is going to fix it all..................

Sure.....

Keep telling yourself that....

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda...gun-deaths

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2016, 11:53 AM
RE: Gun Violence -- Cooking the Books
Ever visit the DGU page?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Nobody is coming for your guns. They've already got your ground-to-air missile launchers.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
29-03-2016, 11:56 AM
We are coming for their toys.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2016, 12:36 PM
Interesting that the only states with worse gun violence than the USA are failed states largely controlled by organised crime.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
29-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Quote:NPR did an interesting comparison of gun violence - and ranked the US #1 when compared to Western Europe.......

Funny. I thought we were a civilized first-world nation. You know, there are a lot of jingoistic morons shouting "We Are The Greatest Country Ever." I guess you are willing to settle for being better than ( a handful of ) third-world countries.

My bad.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
29-03-2016, 01:08 PM
How would you rate the law enforcement of said american states? Did it come to your mind that laws dont matter much when your entire society, but particularly your police force is corrupt?

From an european perspective: If you rate as runner up after Albania then your country is seriously fucked up.
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
29-03-2016, 04:06 PM
(29-03-2016 01:05 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:NPR did an interesting comparison of gun violence - and ranked the US #1 when compared to Western Europe.......

Funny. I thought we were a civilized first-world nation. You know, there are a lot of jingoistic morons shouting "We Are The Greatest Country Ever." I guess you are willing to settle for being better than ( a handful of ) third-world countries.

My bad.

I'm not one of them...

I long ago (like in Elementary School) figured out that the accident of birth placing me in the most geographically favored spot on the planet (or perhaps the galaxy) wasn't very likely....................

Consequently my "school spirit" suffered.........

The cheer of "We're Number One!!" left me shaking my head, and wondering at the crowd's seeming lack of statistical analysis..................(especially when your school's basketball/football/baseball teams were ranked in the lowest 10 percent)

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-05-2016, 07:48 PM
(29-03-2016 11:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  NPR did an interesting comparison of gun violence - and ranked the US #1 when compared to Western Europe.......

Unfortunately - their editorial slant (and obvious anti-gun bias) falls flat on it's face when you start comparing other areas --- like all of North and South America -- where the US falls to #13 ....

The really fun part -- is they neglect to point out all those countries in the Americas that come in ahead (depending on your view) in the number of gun deaths - have far more draconian gun laws than the United States............

But SOMEHOW -- more gun control is going to fix it all..................

Sure.....

Keep telling yourself that....

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda...gun-deaths

18 Stats
http://www.vox.com/2015/8/24/9183525/gun...statistics

Scroll down to the end beyond the incarceration presentation for a short, informative video on guns in America.

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/13/8913297/mas...aps-charts

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-05-2016, 07:57 PM
The problem with the whole gun violence thing is that it is not guns, just violent people. There is a reason people say that guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post