Gun Violence -- Cooking the Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 08:17 PM
RE: Gun Violence -- Cooking the Books
(25-05-2016 07:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  The problem with the whole gun violence thing is that it is not guns, just violent people. There is a reason people say that guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people.

Life kills people.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
25-05-2016, 08:35 PM
(25-05-2016 08:17 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 07:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  The problem with the whole gun violence thing is that it is not guns, just violent people. There is a reason people say that guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people.

Life kills people.

It is fucked up to know that we are dying the second we are born.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
25-05-2016, 08:45 PM
(25-05-2016 08:35 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 08:17 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Life kills people.

It is fucked up to know that we are dying the second we are born.

It starts slowly but that train runs faster and faster and faster.....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Gun violence? Cooking the books?

Nooo. Whyyy?

☆☆☆
25-05-2016, 10:03 PM
(25-05-2016 08:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 08:35 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  It is fucked up to know that we are dying the second we are born.

It starts slowly but that train runs faster and faster and faster.....

I understand that, but still.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-05-2016, 10:34 PM
(29-03-2016 12:36 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Interesting that the only states with worse gun violence than the USA are failed states largely controlled by organised crime.

Are you trying to say that criminals don't obey gun laws?
26-05-2016, 01:22 AM

Funny that. So the suggestion that people should not have guns... is laughable?

I mean, since a gun by itself does not kill a person, and since a person by themselves is inherently a lot less dangerous than a person with a gun... all talk of perhaps not mixing guns and people together is poorly thought out liberal knee jerk reactions?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-05-2016, 05:28 AM
(26-05-2016 01:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  Funny that. So the suggestion that people should not have guns... is laughable?

I mean, since a gun by itself does not kill a person, and since a person by themselves is inherently a lot less dangerous than a person with a gun... all talk of perhaps not mixing guns and people together is poorly thought out liberal knee jerk reactions?

Yeah, pretty much. Big Grin

Seriously, though, murders by firearm are primarily by handgun. There were as many or more people murdered with knives/edged weapons than by rifles/shotguns. The whole "assault weapons" ban was (and is) nonsense.

So, instead of lumping all firearms together, let's address the actual issues.
Handguns are easy to conceal and are the weapon of choice by criminals.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-05-2016, 05:32 AM
(26-05-2016 05:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 01:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  Funny that. So the suggestion that people should not have guns... is laughable?

Yeah, pretty much. Big Grin

Seriously, though, murders by firearm are primarily by handgun. There were as many or more people murdered with knives/edged weapons than by rifles/shotguns. The whole "assault weapons" ban was (and is) nonsense.

So, instead of lumping all firearms together, let's address the actual issues.
Handguns are easy to conceal and are the weapon of choice by criminals.

California banned .50 caliber rifles -- DESPITE the fact that not one crime had been committed with one. (Who's going to spend $12,000 on a 30 lbs gun to rob a liquor store??)

Good move, shitstain Legislators...... You DID something... (useless)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post