Gun death becoming like diarrhea SERIOUS....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2016, 11:53 AM
RE: Gun death becoming like diarrhea SERIOUS....
(13-07-2016 11:26 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 11:09 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  You idiots have a severe reading comprehension problem....

I DO NOT WANT TO BAN ALL FIREARMS YOU STUPID FUCK!

How many times to I have to repeat that? Do you know how to read, or you simply going to keep acting like a paranoid fuck merely because someone is upset with the status quo?

I DO NOT WANT TO BAN ALL FIREARMS........

1. We make to many does not = ban them all

2. They are too easy to get does not= ban them all

3. Police need to be trained to use them as a last resort more does not equal=ban them all. Yes cops need them..... That does not mean they always do the right thing with them.

5. IF YOU WANT A GUN FOR HOME PROTECTION GREAT YES YES YES.... But you still don't need weapons of war or big clips. Show me where that translates to "take every gun away"....... It does not SO FUCKING STOP jumping to that stupid paranoid conclusion.

6. You do not need to carry them in public, also DOES NOT =take them all. It merely means leave them at home. Unless you are transporting to hunt, or transporting for a legal job that requires you to have one, like a body guard, private security guard, private detective, bouncer............

NOW KEEP READING THE ABOVE YOU STUPID PARANOID FUCK

NONE OF WHAT I SAID IN ANY OF THIS MEANS TAKE THEM ALL AWAY.....

FUCKING KNOCK IT OFF.

I completely agree with you, comrade. Naturally, Reasonable Arrangements with gun makers must be made before we demand that they stop all gun production.

Normally, Requiring Anti-gun people to at least get their facts straight Never Results in Amiable discussion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
13-07-2016, 12:23 PM
(13-07-2016 11:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 11:26 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I completely agree with you, comrade. Naturally, Reasonable Arrangements with gun makers must be made before we demand that they stop all gun production.

Normally, Requiring Anti-gun people to at least get their facts straight Never Results in Amiable discussion.

They don't seem to understand that their Naive Reasoning Accomplishes nothing.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
13-07-2016, 12:29 PM
Ya gotta wonder.........

How bad is an irrational poet???

It's gotta be something to see....

Gasp

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-07-2016, 02:43 PM
(13-07-2016 11:09 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 10:55 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I hear you comrade , I just don't think that banning all guns is a solution.

What we need is more Normal Rational Arguments.

You idiots have a severe reading comprehension problem....

I DO NOT WANT TO BAN ALL FIREARMS YOU STUPID FUCK!

How many times to I have to repeat that? Do you know how to read, or you simply going to keep acting like a paranoid fuck merely because someone is upset with the status quo?

I DO NOT WANT TO BAN ALL FIREARMS........

1. We make to many does not = ban them all

2. They are too easy to get does not= ban them all

3. Police need to be trained to use them as a last resort more does not equal=ban them all. Yes cops need them..... That does not mean they always do the right thing with them.

5. IF YOU WANT A GUN FOR HOME PROTECTION GREAT YES YES YES.... But you still don't need weapons of war or big clips. Show me where that translates to "take every gun away"....... It does not SO FUCKING STOP jumping to that stupid paranoid conclusion.

6. You do not need to carry them in public, also DOES NOT =take them all. It merely means leave them at home. Unless you are transporting to hunt, or transporting for a legal job that requires you to have one, like a body guard, private security guard, private detective, bouncer............

NOW KEEP READING THE ABOVE YOU STUPID PARANOID FUCK

NONE OF WHAT I SAID IN ANY OF THIS MEANS TAKE THEM ALL AWAY.....

FUCKING KNOCK IT OFF.

I'm really mystified that you are not convincing people to see things your way. You're doing all the right things: all caps, curse words, insults are there in every post. I wonder why it's not working?

Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, you should try bolding your insults and curses. And, perhaps putting those in ALL CAPS as well. That way people know you really mean it.

Give it a shot. I bet bolder curses and insults in all capital letters will finally win over the masses and convince us of the error of our collective ways.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
13-07-2016, 02:49 PM
(13-07-2016 02:43 PM)BnW Wrote:  Give it a shot.

Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
13-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Brian, you should read this article and my position on this matter will be much clearer to you

Government Under No Pressure Over Race Norms

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
13-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Brian, you're killing my empathy for mankind.

Try a different approach.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
13-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Brian,

If everyone was like you, I would agree to ban all guns.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
13-07-2016, 06:46 PM
(13-07-2016 11:09 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  YOU STUPID FUCK!

[Image: 6c7b68d1bf2c0a72340d4e6e470c054e.jpg]
14-07-2016, 12:06 AM
(13-07-2016 07:31 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Has absolutely NOTHING to do with choice or rights
Yes Brian actually it fuckin' does. Many of your ideas that you have posted have NO demonstrable purpose outside of infringing on the rights of law abiding citizens often in hilariously and idiotically arbitrary ways. For example: "people can only own 3-4 guns" is a completely arbitrary number pulled out of your own ass and doesn't address any actual problem. Why is the number four? Why can't a person own 5 or 7 or 10? How many fucking hands do you think a shooter has? you are just picking random numbers that make you feel better.
The vast majority of your ideas specifically target people that lawfully own firearms and have not engaged in criminality and don't address any actual problems.

(13-07-2016 07:31 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  FACT.......You are fare more likely to get injured or killed or injure or kill someone by having a gun in your home than you are to protect yourself from a stranger or active shooter.
Nope. Where to even start with this.
You don't list a source for this claim in this thread so I'll try to go through a few:
  • The Kellermann study from 1993 (2.7x more likely): For starters his study included exactly 3 counties with a sample size of less than 500 in a country of over 300 million people which is a insanely low sample group to make the kind of claims he does in his report. Secondly he refused to give his data over to other criminologists and scholars for a period of 4 years and when he finally did it was missing a lot of needed data including if the firearm death in a house with fire arms was caused by the fire arm that was in the house or by a firearm brought into the house by an outside source....which was his entire point.
  • Several studies that followed most notably the one from the American Journal of Public Health in 1997 are used as support for the above study by Kellermann but they have even fewer controls, a smaller sample size, and even more methodological problems according to Criminologist Gary Kleck.
Now your statement itself is extremely misleading because it seems to be that you are counting any accidental shooting (+ suicides) and comparing it to ONLY defensive shootings that are fatal. Which is a bit dishonest if true as the vast majority of fire arms related injuries are not fatal and that includes defensive use and that is ON TOP of the fact that the VAST MAJORITY of defensive use of firearms don't actually include discharge.
However lets look at some statistics from the CDC report in 2013 which can be found here:

“In 2010, incidents in the U.S. involving firearms injured or killed more than 105,000 Americans, of which there were twice as many nonfatal firearm-related injuries (73,505) than deaths.”
“almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year.

From some other sources:
  • A 1995 study in the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology based upon a 1993 nationwide survey of 4,977 households found that over the previous five years, at least 0.5% of households had members who had used a gun for defense during a situation in which they thought someone "almost certainly would have been killed" if they "had not used a gun for protection." Applied to the U.S. population, this amounts to 162,000 such incidents per year. This figure excludes all "military service, police work, or work as a security guard."
  • Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology, U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.
  • A 1995 study in the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology based upon a 1993 nationwide survey of 4,977 households found that over the previous five years, at least 3.5% of households had members who had used a gun "for self-protection or for the protection of property at home, work, or elsewhere." Applied to the U.S. population, this amounts to 1,029,615 such incidents per year. This figure excludes all "military service, police work, or work as a security guard."
  • A 1994 survey conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that Americans use guns to frighten away intruders who are breaking into their homes about 498,000 times per year.
Feel free to read this if you want to actually be informed.

Your problem is that you want to include every fucking thing under the sun against guns but you repeatedly argue from a conformation bias point of view that only includes self defense usage that ended in death. The number of crimes that are stopped by a gun being used (which does not mean just fired) before they even start is higher then the accidental injuries per year.
In the book Armed and Considered Dangerous: A Survey of Felons and Their Firearms published in 1986 of a survey done of inmates in 11 different state prisons found that:
• 34% had been "scared off, shot at, wounded, or captured by an armed victim"

• 40% had decided not to commit a crime because they "knew or believed that the victim was carrying a gun"

• 69% personally knew other criminals who had been "scared off, shot at, wounded, or captured by an armed victim"

(13-07-2016 07:31 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  The good guy with a gun is a fucking myth
No it's not, guns dissuade criminals, and people use them legitimately for self defense over a million to 3 million times a year times a year the VAST MAJORITY of those not ending in death or injury.

(13-07-2016 07:31 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  and Dallas should be evidence of that
It's not because one fucking data point is useless. You are making the argument that because personal carry laws don't work 100% of the time therefor the idea that they can work is a myth. You are fucking irrational Brian.

(13-07-2016 07:31 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am simply fucking sick of the bullshit delusional crap that just because YOU don't do anything, or YOU don't have any ill intent, that nothing bad ever happens
Show me where anyone here has made that claim in those worlds you delusional asshole. I don't recall anyone on this forums saying that because they don't do anything wrong therefor nothing bad ever happens. I don't want your strawmen either Brian I want to see that argument in THOSE FUCKING WORDS.
I'm really curious how you got sick of hearing a thing no one has ever fucking said.

(13-07-2016 07:31 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  but our news stories every fucking day don't prove that our society has a handle on this problem.
Fuck me sideways that's stupid. You go from wanting to talk (scream) about statistics to "it's in the news a lot so it has to be a problem". Jesus fuck Brian.
What do you consider society having a handle on it? Maybe a 49% drop in gun homicide and a 75% drop in gun related assaults, rapes, and robberies?

But oh no the news is fucking scary so clearly it's a "free for all" and gun crime is outta control!

(13-07-2016 07:31 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  If there were no gun death at all, nobody would be bitching.
What kind of dipshit argument is that? "If a thing did not exist, no one would complain about". What's your damn point?

(13-07-2016 07:31 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  But we do have a problem, and only ONE SIDE is refusing to do shit about it.
No, I've disproven this numerous times, I've listed many ways I would like to change some of the laws. I just don't pull numbers outta my ass, or accept the first idea pulled outta your fucking ass.The problem we on this forum have is that people like you that don't actually know what they are talking about want to implement laws that don't fucking work, are 100% arbitrary, and don't address actual real world problems. You wanna do something so you can feel good about doing something as far as I can tell because your ideas a fucking stupid and arbitrary and every time you get called on them you run the fuck off to another gun thread. I've expressed problems with them, Chas has as well, and you have totally ignored our criticisms.

(13-07-2016 07:31 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  but we do have a gun death problem
In what way? The fact that gun deaths and gun injuries are down across the board dramatically? That too many millions are using them to defend themselves every year?
You are just hysterical and divorced from reality.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 9 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post