Gun death becoming like diarrhea SERIOUS....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2016, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2016 01:12 PM by Popeye's Pappy.)
RE: Gun death becoming like diarrhea SERIOUS....
As I said in my post the data I posted was from table 3b. 89.1% of the victims that used or threatened to use guns were not injured. That is the lowest number of injuries of any group.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2016, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2016 01:30 PM by epronovost.)
(14-07-2016 01:09 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  As I said in my post the data I posted was from table 3b. 89.1% of the victims that used or threatened to use guns were not injured. That is the lowest number of injuries of any group.

Except, as its mention in the conclusion, this doesn't show the efficency of the defensive uses of guns since most injuries are suffered before any sort of defensive action, including using a gun, are taken. It is explain for various reason from gun owner being more attentive and ready to defend themselves than none gun owner or to the fact that most uses of guns in self defense are during escalating scenario like an argument that devolves into a fight. This why you fail to demonstrate clearly the efficency of the gun compared to other methods of self defense or no method at all.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
14-07-2016, 01:24 PM
(14-07-2016 01:09 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  As I said in my post the data I posted was from table 3b. 89.1% of the victims that used or threatened to use guns were not injured. That is the lowest number of injuries of any group.

What the fuck, you are fucking delusional. How the fuck does that change the epidemic of the injuries and death we do see? All this is justifying is "shit happens" and "collateral damage".

Cherry picking. This isn't for you about reducing anything, this is for you making excuses. If you think the amount of gun injury and death is acceptable you can go fuck yourself

We still have a very high gun injury and death rate out of all the first world allies. Is it your goal to accept that? I'll make you a deal, when we get to Japan' gun death level, then I will back off. All your states prove is that you are a selfish fucking prick.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-07-2016, 01:36 PM
(14-07-2016 01:24 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  

What the fuck, you are fucking delusional. How the fuck does that change the epidemic of the injuries and death we do see? All this is justifying is "shit happens" and "collateral damage".

Cherry picking. This isn't for you about reducing anything, this is for you making excuses. If you think the amount of gun injury and death is acceptable you can go fuck yourself

We still have a very high gun injury and death rate out of all the first world allies. Is it your goal to accept that? I'll make you a deal, when we get to Japan' gun death level, then I will back off. All your states prove is that you are a selfish fucking prick.

Brian, the topic of discussion is on the effectiveness of firearms use for self defense not are people injured and killed with guns. You have claimed multiple times in this thread and others that using a gun for self defense was more likely to get the person using it or innocent bystanders injured or killed than be an effective deterrent. While I have in past ceded the point that having a gun in the home increases the risk of injury or death, myself and others have pointed out to you on multiple occasions that you are either repeating erroneous data or simply making shit up to support your position.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
14-07-2016, 01:36 PM
(12-07-2016 08:29 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I wonder if the skid marks in Brian's skivvies are also the fault of the NRA????

NRA

NRA

NRA

NRA

NRA

NRA

NRA

[/thought process in Brian's head, with echo]

Shut the fuck up asshole, YES I DO BLAME THE NRA. SO THE FUCK WHAT.

Tobacco pulled the same shit with "smoker's rights"

YES, and so the fuck what. If you think they care about reducing gun deaths you are a fucking moron. That is like Joe Camel caring about how many die from smoking cancer.

The NRA is NOT the safety lobby it started out as long ago. It got hijacked by greedy profit driven goons and it's only goal now is to protect the profits of the makers.

Go fuck yourself asshole.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
14-07-2016, 01:42 PM
(14-07-2016 01:36 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 01:24 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  What the fuck, you are fucking delusional. How the fuck does that change the epidemic of the injuries and death we do see? All this is justifying is "shit happens" and "collateral damage".

Brian, the topic of discussion is on the effectiveness of firearms use for self defense not are people injured and killed with guns. You have claimed multiple times in this thread and others that using a gun for self defense was more likely to get the person using it or innocent bystanders injured or killed than be an effective deterrent. While I have in past ceded the point that having a gun in the home increases the risk of injury or death, myself and others have pointed out to you on multiple occasions that you are either repeating erroneous data or simply making shit up to support your position.

No, it is excuse making, just like religion. If things worked like the NRA supporters said, we would not see the amount of gun injury and death we do. Just like people scream about Jesus coming back for the past 2000 years. It is the same narcissistic bullshit to cling to bad ideas.

14-07-2016, 01:48 PM
(14-07-2016 01:24 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  What the fuck, you are fucking delusional. How the fuck does that change the epidemic of the injuries and death we do see? All this is justifying is "shit happens" and "collateral damage".

Except the argument was about the efficency of gun in self defense not its legitimacy. These are two very different issues. Furthermore, since violent deaths, including by firearm, are steadily decreasing, calling it an epidemic is a bit strong. Sure, gun regulation could be improve vastly in America, but it would probably have relatively little impact on criminality overall (it could make it a little bit less violent when it comes to gang on gang violence), but possibly a positive one when it comes to suicide or accidental deaths.

14-07-2016, 02:00 PM
(14-07-2016 01:48 PM)epronovost Wrote:  

Except the argument was about the efficency of gun in self defense not its legitimacy. These are two very different issues. Furthermore, since violent deaths, including by firearm, are steadily decreasing, calling it an epidemic is a bit strong. Sure, gun regulation could be improve vastly in America, but it would probably have relatively little impact on criminality overall (it could make it a little bit less violent when it comes to gang on gang violence), but possibly a positive one when it comes to suicide or accidental deaths.

"Decreasing"is a bullshit argument. So what, all that means is we drag our feet longer, while other countries like Australia have one event that pulls their heads out of their asses.

We still have more gun violence ratio wise than our allies. "Decreasing" is simply a bullshit dodge. It is nothing but protecting the profits of one industry. Not good enough.

14-07-2016, 02:03 PM
(14-07-2016 01:09 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I really am sick of being nice about this.

Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
14-07-2016, 02:10 PM
(14-07-2016 02:00 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  "Decreasing"is a bullshit argument. So what, all that means is we drag our feet longer, while other countries like Australia have one event that pulls their heads out of their asses.

We still have more gun violence ratio wise than our allies. "Decreasing" is simply a bullshit dodge. It is nothing but protecting the profits of one industry. Not good enough.

I think you misunderstood me. I do am in favor of much stricter regulation on firearms and am a bit surprised and confused as to how the american public might not have considered their current position ridiculous, but to prop gun deaths as a reason to do so is pretty strange. Since you used the exemple of Australia, here is a study on the effect of their gun laws on criminality and suicide.

http://c8.nrostatic.com/sites/default/fi...202008.pdf

While it did provided a positive results, these were far from being resounding with the only exception of mass shootings. All in all, those lives who would be safer with tighter gun control are those who are killed by incompetent or mentally ill gun owners.