Gun safe Question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: Gun safe Question
As things are now, I'm more supportive of biometric gun safes than I am of biometric guns Tongue

They're generally a pretty good option, though the concept of you get what you pay for rings true, and for high quality biometric gun safes, you do indeed pay.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2015, 05:06 AM
I like 'em bolted to the floor of the car -- so you can stash your carry piece safely, if you have to go into a courthouse, airport, or other area where carry is restricted.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-12-2015, 06:57 AM
Gun safe Question
(09-12-2015 05:06 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I like 'em bolted to the floor of the car -- so you can stash your carry piece safely, if you have to go into a courthouse, airport, or other area where carry is restricted.....

I've been thinking about something like this in my truck.
[Image: 929c33ed4c5ab51d1795e0b016602e7c.jpg]
09-12-2015, 08:19 AM
(09-12-2015 06:57 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(09-12-2015 05:06 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I like 'em bolted to the floor of the car -- so you can stash your carry piece safely, if you have to go into a courthouse, airport, or other area where carry is restricted.....

I've been thinking about something like this in my truck.
[Image: 929c33ed4c5ab51d1795e0b016602e7c.jpg]

Gotta be careful with that setup depending on the carry laws of wherever you're at. In some places it's perfectly legal to have it lying on the dashboard or the seat next to you. Stick it in the glove compartment or a safe like that, and suddenly you're looking at jail time. I'd be all for that in Vermont, though Smile I usually just have my Vector tucked in the door side pocket. At least half the people in my unit have some kind of AR variant they keep in their cars.

'Murican Canadian
09-12-2015, 03:29 PM
(08-12-2015 10:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  As things are now, I'm more supportive of biometric gun safes than I am of biometric guns Tongue

They're generally a pretty good option, though the concept of you get what you pay for rings true, and for high quality biometric gun safes, you do indeed pay.

There are some "quick-access" safes that can be opened by a knowledgeable child in as little as three seconds. I bought mine after first watching a security firm's you-tube video on how to defeat them, to learn what to look for. Most biometric safes, for example, are vulnerable to pushing in the finger pad with your finger, then moving the bolt with a wire.
09-12-2015, 03:36 PM
(09-12-2015 03:29 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 10:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  As things are now, I'm more supportive of biometric gun safes than I am of biometric guns Tongue

There are some "quick-access" safes that can be opened by a knowledgeable child in as little as three seconds. I bought mine after first watching a security firm's you-tube video on how to defeat them, to learn what to look for. Most biometric safes, for example, are vulnerable to pushing in the finger pad with your finger, then moving the bolt with a wire.

I'll eat my hat the day I see a 2 year-old specifically trained to crack gunsafes.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
09-12-2015, 05:23 PM
(09-12-2015 03:36 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I'll eat my hat the day I see a 2 year-old specifically trained to crack gunsafes.

I think they're referring to, I don't know, maybe 10-year-olds. They're still children, right?
09-12-2015, 05:28 PM

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
09-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a Firearm Forum to post this sort of question in? Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-12-2015, 06:37 PM
(09-12-2015 05:28 PM)yakherder Wrote:  

Sonna Bitch! Gasp

Of course, the kid was taught what to do, but still.