Gun safe Question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2015, 06:53 PM
RE: Gun safe Question
(08-12-2015 07:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It only unlocks with your fingerprints.

[Image: BioVault_Full2.jpg]

Unless it is bolted down to something how is it going to prevent theft or even a curious kid taking it somewhere and breaking into it?

I think a smart gun is a much better idea, two parts, the signal watch and a finger print grip so that only the owner can use it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Ah, but, she may become a gun person once she starts shooting. Big Grin I am sorry that she is "miffed" but if she can put aside her anger, and get some high quality instruction, she will learn why we gun nuts are, in fact, nuts about our guns. In my mind, there is nothing that requires the discipline and concentration of serious shooting and, at the same time it requires that you relax. It is the best meditation exercise I know of.
Find all posts by this user
10-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Her husband was a bit foolish to get the safe and a gun if his wife is not comfortable with it. If she's opposed to guns he needs to think outside of the ammo box for other ways to enhance the home safety.
10-12-2015, 12:18 PM
As much of a gun nut as I am, and though I've successfully converted a number of Canadians, my girlfriend is not one of them. So long as she has no interest in guns, and is opposed to me teaching gun safety to her or our kids, I won't keep one in the house. My arsenal is across the border in Vermont. And if I were to take up sport shooting in Canada, I'd find an alternative storage option such as going to a range that lets me store guns on site (assuming it's legal in Canada, I haven't really researched yet). Safes are a great idea, for sure, but over the years I can almost guarantee the kids (who won't remain 2 forever) will either figure out a way into it or it'll accidentally be left open or something. That's a problem if everyone in the house doesn't have gun safety down to instinct.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
10-12-2015, 12:38 PM
yakman, you are on target there.
My wife has fear about them, and I have offered to have another give her introductory training and she has declined.
I don't have the kid issue in our home, so that is not a problem. The husband in the OP made a dick move right there.
10-12-2015, 01:11 PM
(10-12-2015 11:55 AM)skyking Wrote:  Her husband was a bit foolish to get the safe and a gun if his wife is not comfortable with it. If she's opposed to guns he needs to think outside of the ammo box for other ways to enhance the home safety.

Well, I know they have alarm system in their home. Starting next year, he's going to be traveling more for work, so he likely wants to be sure that she's safe and probably has her best interest at heart.

Also, the kids all have been educated in gun safety -- he considers it a responsibility of all parents, regardless if they're a gun owner or not and isn't like a one-time thing, but ongoing.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-12-2015, 02:21 PM
I'm sure he does. But let's toss out the scenario.
Something happens that causes her to decide to go to the gun safe. She's not a gun person. What could go right, what could go wrong?
The downsides far outweigh the upsides now. The deck is stacked against a positive outcome.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
10-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Coincidentally, this just popped up in my Facebook feed from the group Active Self Protection.

An Essential Guide To Gun Safety For People Who Hate Guns

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
10-12-2015, 03:32 PM
(10-12-2015 02:21 PM)skyking Wrote:  I'm sure he does. But let's toss out the scenario.
Something happens that causes her to decide to go to the gun safe. She's not a gun person. What could go right, what could go wrong?
The downsides far outweigh the upsides now. The deck is stacked against a positive outcome.

Indeed. If she doesn't like guns, and especially if she has no intent of hurting the problem person, she's going to get hurt herself. If one is in a position to have to shoot someone, the thought process of what can happen should have been performed well ahead of time.
10-12-2015, 03:36 PM
(10-12-2015 02:58 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Coincidentally, this just popped up in my Facebook feed from the group Active Self Protection.

An Essential Guide To Gun Safety For People Who Hate Guns

I've trained literally hundreds of shooters over the years, and this video lacks for nothing. I learned how to unload an AK-47 today!

I hope that the training I provided stuck with those people. Nobody has come back to tell me any horror stories, at least.