Gun safe Question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: Gun safe Question
(08-12-2015 07:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It only unlocks with your fingerprints.

[Image: BioVault_Full2.jpg]

Exactly.... which makes it perfectly useless for self defense.

As Jim Jeffries points out.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
10-12-2015, 07:56 PM
May I humbly suggest that "biometric" is not necessarily your best option. I own an minor damage repair company and my hands are constantly getting cuts, abrasions, etc. This will keep you from accessing your safe, quite possibly at a really bad time! I keep a safe in my closet that is made by Gun Vault. It has a soft touch keypad that is easy to access and recognize in the dark... and can be set to many different and multitouch keypad configurations. They make several different models, the one in my car holds a single handgun, the one in my closet holds 4. If any interest, I can post pictures if you wish..
[+] 1 user Likes ReistLaxCoach's post
10-12-2015, 08:26 PM
(10-12-2015 07:56 PM)ReistLaxCoach Wrote:  May I humbly suggest that "biometric" is not necessarily your best option. I own an minor damage repair company and my hands are constantly getting cuts, abrasions, etc. This will keep you from accessing your safe, quite possibly at a really bad time! I keep a safe in my closet that is made by Gun Vault. It has a soft touch keypad that is easy to access and recognize in the dark... and can be set to many different and multitouch keypad configurations. They make several different models, the one in my car holds a single handgun, the one in my closet holds 4. If any interest, I can post pictures if you wish..

Thanks, but I've got no dog in that fight. I only wanted to know what it was. But I'll admit I've learned a little from this thread. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-12-2015, 11:35 AM
(10-12-2015 08:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thanks, but I've got no dog in that fight. I only wanted to know what it was. But I'll admit I've learned a little from this thread. Smile

To sum up my own experience, having some knowledge of how to defeat these small quick-access safes, my preference is for the Barska biometrics. Near 100% reliability and avoids the design vulnerabilities I've seen in other brands.