GunTTA: Will hollow points go through walls?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2012, 12:40 PM
RE: GunTTA: Will hollow points go through walls?
lol. If my dad had heard you say any of what you just said, he'd be on a tirade about how "YOU NEVER KNOW! IT HAPPENS ALLLLL THE TIME!" Then I ask him how a perfectly empty gun can accidentally go off and he says "IT HAPPENS! IT HAPPENS! YOU NEEEEVER KNOW!"

Fortunately, I take your side in this. I live alone, so I've got a few shotguns/rifles in strategic locations and a Glock on my bedside table at all times, but if I had kids, I'm pretty sure the only change I'd make it putting them in harder-to-reach places. I don't agree with people who lock them up or put the ammo in a different room. It completely defeats the purpose of having the damn thing when you need it.

(Still, though, accidents do happen. Not being careless is key)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
11-12-2012, 12:44 PM
(11-12-2012 12:40 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  lol. If my dad had heard you say any of what you just said, he'd be on a tirade about how "YOU NEVER KNOW! IT HAPPENS ALLLLL THE TIME!" Then I ask him how a perfectly empty gun can accidentally go off and he says "IT HAPPENS! IT HAPPENS! YOU NEEEEVER KNOW!"

Fortunately, I take your side in this. I live alone, so I've got a few shotguns/rifles in strategic locations and a Glock on my bedside table at all times, but if I had kids, I'm pretty sure the only change I'd make it putting them in harder-to-reach places. I don't agree with people who lock them up or put the ammo in a different room. It completely defeats the purpose of having the damn thing when you need it.

(Still, though, accidents do happen. Not being careless is key)
Exactly my thoughts.

I've had yet to see a bullet go off by itself.

And, if a bullet can magically fire from a magazine, I guess there really isn't many ways to prevent this.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
In regard to your latter statements, I may have startling news.

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
11-12-2012, 12:46 PM
(11-12-2012 12:45 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  In regard to your latter statements, I may have startling news.

Can't view youtube videos.

Written summary?

11-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Aww. That's no fun. Dodgy

K, so there's this guy, and he's talking to the camera telling kids why gun safety is important, then he accidentally shoots himself in the foot. Then on take-2, he shoots himself in the foot again. Take-3, shoots himself once more. On take-4, he slams the gun down and says "Hi kids, if you see a gun, you leave that motherfucker alone!", at which point the gun goes off by itself, hitting the cameraman, and the first guy (on crutches) limps away yelling about how the gun is possessed and how he's "just trying to help the kids!"

*Sigh* Drinking Beverage

11-12-2012, 12:55 PM
(11-12-2012 12:51 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Aww. That's no fun. Dodgy

K, so there's this guy, and he's talking to the camera telling kids why gun safety is important, then he accidentally shoots himself in the foot. Then on take-2, he shoots himself in the foot again. Take-3, shoots himself once more. On take-4, he slams the gun down and says "Hi kids, if you see a gun, you leave that motherfucker alone!", at which point the gun goes off by itself, hitting the cameraman, and the first guy (on crutches) limps away yelling about how the gun is possessed and how he's "just trying to help the kids!"

*Sigh* Drinking Beverage
lol

Sorry to make you do that.

11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Meh. Dodgy

11-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks for responding, KC.

The name Baton Rouge carries a new meaning, now.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
11-12-2012, 11:43 PM
(11-12-2012 12:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 12:45 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  In regard to your latter statements, I may have startling news.

Can't view youtube videos.

Written summary?

They ripped this guy off! The sad thing is this isn't fake!

"I'm the only one in this room that I know of who's professional enough to handle a Glock Fowty." BAM!!!!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
12-12-2012, 03:27 AM
It just so happens a friend, who is a police officer, gave me some hollow points a few days ago for my .40 S&W Baby Eagle, which is what I use for self-defense. It also just so happens that my father is in the process or doing a massive re-modeling of his home and the sheet rock for the ceilings got hung yesterday, walls being done today. You get where I'm going?

I will post pics after I test.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post