Guns. Yee haw!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Guns. Yee haw!
Just wondering what people here think about guns.
I'm not worried about government kicking in my door and I live in a very safe and peaceful neighbourhood. So I'm not going to play the "I need to protect myself" card. Although I do believe people should have that right.
I have a gun because I like guns and I want to own them and I don't think anyone has the right to tell me I can't. It's that simple.
Your opinion?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2014, 11:29 AM
RE: Guns. Yee haw!
I'm on the fence. People need to protect their family from notjobs, but notjobs have the same access. Nobody wins, but I don't have a solution either. We do have a gun problem weather people admit it or not, but figuring a good way to deal with it is another thing. I kinda like Chris Rock's idea of charging 500 bucks a bullet, because you know if someone ends up dead they must have done something pretty bad...j/k...that wouldn't work either if you're getting robbed or assaulted.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
23-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Guns dont kill people

Germans kill people.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 8 users Like The Germans are coming's post
23-05-2014, 01:46 PM
(23-05-2014 12:02 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Guns dont kill people

Germans kill people.

Scotsmen are fairly impressive as well. I remember after 9/11 some used the terrorist threat to argue in favour of less gun control in America, but when Glasgow Airport got attacked the locals didn't need guns to beat a terrorist to death on the spot.
23-05-2014, 01:53 PM
(23-05-2014 01:46 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  

Germans kill people.

Scotsmen are fairly impressive as well. I remember after 9/11 some used the terrorist threat to argue in favour of less gun control in America, but when Glasgow Airport got attacked the locals didn't need guns to beat a terrorist to death on the spot.

Ohhh. The Scott's killed a guy... The German killed like 6 mil.... Never mind.
24-05-2014, 03:26 AM

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
24-05-2014, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 04:16 AM by Juv.)
(23-05-2014 10:18 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I have a gun because I like guns and I want to own them and I don't think anyone has the right to tell me I can't. It's that simple.
Your opinion?
Agreed. I own guns for the same reasons.

It's legal, I like them, I may or may not shoot anybody with them. Most likely not, though.
24-05-2014, 04:32 AM
Guns. Yee haw!
(23-05-2014 11:29 AM)Elskidor Wrote:  I'm on the fence. People need to protect their family from notjobs, but notjobs have the same access. Nobody wins, but I don't have a solution either. We do have a gun problem weather people admit it or not, but figuring a good way to deal with it is another thing. I kinda like Chris Rock's idea of charging 500 bucks a bullet, because you know if someone ends up dead they must have done something pretty bad...j/k...that wouldn't work either if you're getting robbed or assaulted.

I'm also on the fence. I have guns because... I like guns. They're fun to shoot targets with.

But I can get some or more of the same enjoyment out of a compound or recurve bow hitting a target, and I don't know where the cutoff between owning a .22 retrofit 1911 frame racegun, or firing a Kahr because they kick like a mule, and knowing how many unstable people have access to the same weapons and a drive to turn it on something living.

It's a weird purgatorial state to be in. I grew up shooting guns and bows, and not long after noticed for every gun and bow range I've ever been to, there will be dead rabbits or varmints around for no good reason other than someone wanted to kill something.

It saddens me. I love shooting pistols and rifles. I love the feeling of being able to confidently split an arrow at 50 yards. I don't leave the house without a $200 folding knife.

And while I'm happily opening packages, opening boxes for a friend who "doesn't know why I have a knife on me," there's some fucker out there who just bought his first Maxam at a gas station, and can't wait to stab something with it, some jerk who can't wait to fire his new gun at something moving, and the kind of girl I just can't go on a second date with, because she relished shooting the possums off her backyard fence just a little too much, and to be honest kind of scares me.

People are sick.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
24-05-2014, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 06:27 AM by Banjo.)
Threads like this are strange. Targeting America, I take it.

A guy already gave me a hard time on this site because his country has a gun problem. Like I had any sway??

I will say this. A. .762 once saved me when I used it to shoot a wild boar between the eyes back in 1973.

.762, my roo shooter of choice.

I no longer hunt. It was just a job out in the bush. I now live in a city and am happy to rely on law enforcement.

America, quite a subject.

Americans. A great people. No matter what stripe. History will remember the influence.

"I am an Australian and I have no manners!"
Lt Col Oswald Watt.
Royal Australian Flying Corps.
24-05-2014, 06:38 AM
(23-05-2014 01:53 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 01:46 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Scotsmen are fairly impressive as well. I remember after 9/11 some used the terrorist threat to argue in favour of less gun control in America, but when Glasgow Airport got attacked the locals didn't need guns to beat a terrorist to death on the spot.

Ohhh. The Scott's killed a guy... The German killed like 6 mil.... Never mind.

Yes, yes.

But were those 6 millions Scots?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.