Guns. Yee haw!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2014, 09:01 AM
RE: Guns. Yee haw!
Well, I was trying to post something, but it's not showing up. Sorry for the double post.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2014, 09:10 AM
(24-05-2014 09:01 AM)Elskidor Wrote:  Well, I was trying to post something, but it's not showing up. Sorry for the double post.
You messed up the quote tags. Here's your post:

(24-05-2014 08:50 AM)Elskidor Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 04:32 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  And while I'm happily opening packages, opening boxes for a friend who "doesn't know why I have a knife on me," there's some fucker out there who just bought his first Maxam at a gas station, and can't wait to stab something with it, some jerk who can't wait to fire his new gun at something moving, and the kind of girl I just can't go on a second date with, because she relished shooting the possums off her backyard fence just a little too much, and to be honest kind of scares me.

People are sick.

As much as I dislike possums, and am actually afraid of them, I would never purposely kill one. I'd run from them, but the only situation that would make me feel I had to kill one is if it was attacking one of my cats or daughter, but I've been told they are just as afraid as you as you are it, so I doubt I'd ever have that problem.

I did have a friend (short lived friendship) that would shoot small bunnies with a BB gun (I know that isn't even a real gun) just to injure it and keep it from running so he could choke it to death, and leave its corpse to rot on the forest floor. That is sick. That family was very gun/knife crazy and his little 5 year old brother stabbed me in the butt for no other reason other than his parents not teaching him the potential danger and harm weapons can do. After I got knife plucked in the butt by the 5 year old I quit hanging out with that family.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
24-05-2014, 09:40 AM
(24-05-2014 07:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 06:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  Not.

Can you elaborate please?

He made a fallacious argument. Not genius.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2014, 09:46 AM
(24-05-2014 09:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  He made a fallacious argument. Not genius.
Huh, isn't that odd? I have no recollection of making an argument in this thread, let alone a fallacious one. Consider

24-05-2014, 09:57 AM
(24-05-2014 09:46 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 09:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  He made a fallacious argument. Not genius.
Huh, isn't that odd? I have no recollection of making an argument in this thread, let alone a fallacious one. Consider

How is this not making an argument? Consider

24-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Re: Guns. Yee haw!
I have the right to tell you, you can't own a gun.

Coincidentally, I also have the right to be wrong about things I say.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-05-2014, 10:23 AM
(24-05-2014 09:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  How is this not making an argument? Consider
All I see is a question and a statement aimed at explaining why I'm asking it. Angel

P.S.: Do I get 10 points for correctly guessing the fallacy you were thinking of (slippery slope, that is)?

24-05-2014, 10:43 AM
I enjoy hunting and target practice. Why should I not have the technology available? I grew up with guns and have learned to be responsible with them. If there are shitheads that are not responsible why should I have to give up my gun.
It's like that asshole grade school teacher that punishes the whole class for the actions of one. Fuck, I hated that guy...
24-05-2014, 01:27 PM
(24-05-2014 10:23 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 09:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  How is this not making an argument? Consider
All I see is a question and a statement aimed at explaining why I'm asking it. Angel

P.S.: Do I get 10 points for correctly guessing the fallacy you were thinking of (slippery slope, that is)?

Nope

You really don't see that you have made an argument by asking that question?

24-05-2014, 01:43 PM
(24-05-2014 01:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Nope

You really don't see that you have made an argument by asking that question?
"Nope" as in "No, you don't get 10 points" or as in "No, that's not the fallacy I was thinking of"?

I can see why you would think I was making an argument, but my post wasn't intended to be one.