Guns. Yee haw!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2014, 02:39 PM
RE: Guns. Yee haw!
(26-05-2014 11:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 11:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your memory is questionable - have it checked out. Big Grin

I'm the guy who keeps trying to have a calm, rational discussion of gun regulation, but the threads always seem to go down the rabbit hole. Dodgy

You live in the third strictest gun law State in the US and I live in the seventh. Oops wrong thread. Wanted to respond to Phaedrus' thread.

I've lived in Maryland, Virginia, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, West Virginia, California, and Taipei, Taiwan. I've owned guns in Maryland, West Virginia, Louisiana, and California. I've seen the whole spectrum of gun laws, from barely more than the US Federal laws (New Orleans) to a near-complete ban (Taiwan).

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2014, 03:25 PM
(26-05-2014 11:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 11:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your memory is questionable - have it checked out. Big Grin

I'm the guy who keeps trying to have a calm, rational discussion of gun regulation, but the threads always seem to go down the rabbit hole. Dodgy

You live in the third strictest gun law State in the US and I live in the seventh. Oops wrong thread. Wanted to respond to Phaedrus' thread.

Hmmm, I'd put Massachusetts fifth after New Jersey, Connecticut, New York, and California. But it's open to interpretation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-05-2014, 03:26 PM
(26-05-2014 02:39 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 11:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You live in the third strictest gun law State in the US and I live in the seventh. Oops wrong thread. Wanted to respond to Phaedrus' thread.

I've lived in Maryland, Virginia, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, West Virginia, California, and Taipei, Taiwan. I've owned guns in Maryland, West Virginia, Louisiana, and California. I've seen the whole spectrum of gun laws, from barely more than the US Federal laws (New Orleans) to a near-complete ban (Taiwan).

How did you not have guns in TX? Were you still in diapers?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
26-05-2014, 04:05 PM
(26-05-2014 03:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 02:39 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I've lived in Maryland, Virginia, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, West Virginia, California, and Taipei, Taiwan. I've owned guns in Maryland, West Virginia, Louisiana, and California. I've seen the whole spectrum of gun laws, from barely more than the US Federal laws (New Orleans) to a near-complete ban (Taiwan).

How did you not have guns in TX? Were you still in diapers?

I was in high school. My step-dad owned a .22 Magnum rifle, but it was in a storage unit, and I didn't touch it until I moved to New Orleans. I started learning to shoot when I was 13, with my dad in Maryland. I didn't technically own those guns, but i used the term in the sense of having (somewhat) ready access to them.

In terms of actually, legally owning guns, it was briefly in MD and WV, and now for a year or so in California. M1 Garand and a .22 bolt action.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
26-05-2014, 04:09 PM
(26-05-2014 04:05 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 03:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How did you not have guns in TX? Were you still in diapers?

I was in high school. My step-dad owned a .22 Magnum rifle, but it was in a storage unit, and I didn't touch it until I moved to New Orleans. I started learning to shoot when I was 13, with my dad in Maryland. I didn't technically own those guns, but i used the term in the sense of having (somewhat) ready access to them.

In terms of actually, legally owning guns, it was briefly in MD and WV, and now for a year or so in California. M1 Garand and a .22 bolt action.

I asked that kind of tongue-in-cheek...I figured you were young when in TX since you didn't own a gun there.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy