Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: Guns for christians
(13-10-2015 10:02 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  [Image: Royal-Double-Banner.jpg]

Prices from £113,500.00 excluding VAT

Nice huh??

Big Grin

I was definitely surprised by the prices when I first started looking. I have seen firearms advertised for $5000 and up. The gun I want is actually on the low end in terms of cost, but from everything I've read I think it suits my purposes. I do agree, though, some of the more expensive guns do have a much nicer look to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
13-10-2015, 11:15 AM
(12-10-2015 08:49 AM)julep Wrote:  Jesus would be so proud. He's all about the bullets.

(The shop owner certainly has the right to give discounts to any group. As long as he doesn't refuse to sell guns to other qualified purchasers, I don't have a problem with his offering discounts to Christians. Don't appreciate the fear-mongering, but I'd guess he knows what will appeal to his customers.)

Agreed, he is definitely fear-mongering. A post from one Christian in the comments section Facepalm

"This should help misinformed Christians understand their right to bare
arms. In Holy Scripture Luke 22:36-40 Jesus Christ informed His closest
followers that they should sell their coat (KJV-garment) and buy a
sword... I do not believe Jesus Christ asked His faithful Apostles to carry swords
so they could polish them or accessorize the garments he advised them
to sell in order to purchase the sword..."
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-10-2015, 11:28 AM
(13-10-2015 11:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 10:02 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  [Image: Royal-Double-Banner.jpg]

Prices from £113,500.00 excluding VAT

Nice huh??

Big Grin

I was definitely surprised by the prices when I first started looking. I have seen firearms advertised for $5000 and up. The gun I want is actually on the low end in terms of cost, but from everything I've read I think it suits my purposes. I do agree, though, some of the more expensive guns do have a much nicer look to them.

Yeah if you do your research and aren't into collecting you usually find you can get by without spending a bunch of money. I don't even have a very good reason for getting the Vector. The M4 I got for training purposes so I could run drills on my own with something nearly identical to what I use in the Army (gotta get my own training in when I'm only shooting with my unit once every couple months at most Tongue). The Vector is more my post collapse fantasy gun. I could have paid half the price for a generic .45 handgun, and it would have been much more concealable and similar in usability in a self defense scenario. And the ACOG (fancy combat sight) on a gun designed for engaging targets at less than 100 meters is also quite wasteful, but I like it and I'm a nerd. I don't usually even shoot with it on, and instead opt for a simple <$100 red dot. I rationalized buying it in case I find myself having to shoot with pinpoint accuracy, outdoors, at 50 to 100 yards (i.e. zombies Tongue).

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
13-10-2015, 11:43 AM
(13-10-2015 11:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-10-2015 08:49 AM)julep Wrote:  Jesus would be so proud. He's all about the bullets.

(The shop owner certainly has the right to give discounts to any group. As long as he doesn't refuse to sell guns to other qualified purchasers, I don't have a problem with his offering discounts to Christians. Don't appreciate the fear-mongering, but I'd guess he knows what will appeal to his customers.)

Agreed, he is definitely fear-mongering. A post from one Christian in the comments section Facepalm

"This should help misinformed Christians understand their right to bare
arms. In Holy Scripture Luke 22:36-40 Jesus Christ informed His closest
followers that they should sell their coat (KJV-garment) and buy a
sword... I do not believe Jesus Christ asked His faithful Apostles to carry swords
so they could polish them or accessorize the garments he advised them
to sell in order to purchase the sword..."

Yikes!

In that passage Jesus says two swords are enough, so I guess Christians are being allowed to trade their shirts for two swords per twelve people … Pictures bare-chested hot guy with sword … I could be okay with that. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
13-10-2015, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2015 12:31 PM by onlinebiker.)
(13-10-2015 11:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The gun I want is actually on the low end in terms of cost, but from everything I've read I think it suits my purposes. I do agree, though, some of the more expensive guns do have a much nicer look to them.

What are you buying???

My next one (one of these days) --

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSRtpwJ9Ie8ZtMsPUHG2Q...d2rZIJETzr]

A Rhino .357 for concealed carry...

I may go with the new .40 S+W version though....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Honestly. They are one of the last people I want having a gun if I had my way. Lol
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
13-10-2015, 01:43 PM
(13-10-2015 12:28 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 11:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The gun I want is actually on the low end in terms of cost, but from everything I've read I think it suits my purposes. I do agree, though, some of the more expensive guns do have a much nicer look to them.

What are you buying???

I like the Ruger LCR .357 mag. I've seen them advertised anywhere from $500-600 depending on sales.
13-10-2015, 01:48 PM
(13-10-2015 01:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 12:28 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What are you buying???

I like the Ruger LCR .357 mag. I've seen them advertised anywhere from $500-600 depending on sales.

Have you shot one? They're pretty light, and the recoil can be intimidating to say the least -- painful, the most...

The Rhino solves that problem.... It's an "under barrel" design. That is - the barrel is aligned with the bottom of the cylinder, rather than the conventional top alignment. This reduces muzzle flip to practically zero.

The downside -- it's much heavier than the LCR.

If you've got your mind set on the LCR (which is a great revolver) -- you may want to practice with .38 special ammo -- or (highly recommend) a light .357 reload.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-10-2015, 01:48 PM
357s in a 17 oz revolver with a 2 finger grip are not for the weak of heart.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
13-10-2015, 02:07 PM
(13-10-2015 01:48 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 01:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I like the Ruger LCR .357 mag. I've seen them advertised anywhere from $500-600 depending on sales.

Have you shot one? They're pretty light, and the recoil can be intimidating to say the least -- painful, the most...

The Rhino solves that problem.... It's an "under barrel" design. That is - the barrel is aligned with the bottom of the cylinder, rather than the conventional top alignment. This reduces muzzle flip to practically zero.

The downside -- it's much heavier than the LCR.

If you've got your mind set on the LCR (which is a great revolver) -- you may want to practice with .38 special ammo -- or (highly recommend) a light .357 reload.

I have not shot one yet. I belong to several online backpacking/outdoors forums and they all recommended that type of gun for my type of purpose. A lot of them said they liked it because it was light and you barely feel like you have it with you. That's what I want--something light and not cumbersome. But you think the Rhino is better?