Guns for christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2015, 02:13 PM
RE: Guns for christians
(13-10-2015 11:43 AM)julep Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 11:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Agreed, he is definitely fear-mongering. A post from one Christian in the comments section Facepalm

"This should help misinformed Christians understand their right to bare
arms. In Holy Scripture Luke 22:36-40 Jesus Christ informed His closest
followers that they should sell their coat (KJV-garment) and buy a
sword... I do not believe Jesus Christ asked His faithful Apostles to carry swords
so they could polish them or accessorize the garments he advised them
to sell in order to purchase the sword..."

Yikes!

In that passage Jesus says two swords are enough, so I guess Christians are being allowed to trade their shirts for two swords per twelve people … Pictures bare-chested hot guy with sword … I could be okay with that. Smile

It just goes to show that Christians search the Bible for passages to support everything they are doing. I am sure if there was a Christian against guns they could find a passage to support being anti-gun like Matt. 5:39: "But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also."

How about just thinking for yourself instead of letting a magical book do it for you? Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-10-2015, 02:15 PM
(13-10-2015 12:28 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 11:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The gun I want is actually on the low end in terms of cost, but from everything I've read I think it suits my purposes. I do agree, though, some of the more expensive guns do have a much nicer look to them.

What are you buying???
[Image: 3ce3450f7e6b52abb1ddd7ab752e4708.jpg]
My next one (one of these days) --

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSRtpwJ9Ie8ZtMsPUHG2Q...d2rZIJETzr]

A Rhino .357 for concealed carry...

I may go with the new .40 S+W version though....

I like the .40 S&W for concealed carry. I'm thinking about getting the MP Shield, but I also am thinking about getting a Taurus Judge. It can fire either .45 rounds or 410 shotgun shells

[Image: 3ce3450f7e6b52abb1ddd7ab752e4708.jpg]

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
13-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Guns like many other things are a matter of compromise.

Do I think the Rhino is better?? Yes, for shooting.

For carry -- nope. The LCR wins hands down.

That said -- you DO want to practice and you don't want a gun that's beating up your hands.. 38 special ammo or light .357 reloads should take care of that.

However -- if you ever do run into a rampaging cougar, a black bear - or Jack the Ripper --- you could lay into any of them with the heaviest .357 loads - and due to the adrenaline you'd be so pumped up - it could break both your hands and you wouldn't notice for a couple hours.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-10-2015, 02:18 PM
(13-10-2015 02:15 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 12:28 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What are you buying???

My next one (one of these days) --

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSRtpwJ9Ie8ZtMsPUHG2Q...d2rZIJETzr]

A Rhino .357 for concealed carry...

I may go with the new .40 S+W version though....

I like the .40 S&W for concealed carry. I'm thinking about getting the MP Shield, but I also am thinking about getting a Taurus Judge. It can fire either .45 rounds or 410 shotgun shells

Very familiar with the Judge. It's what my best friend carries every day.(he's a small dude too) Quite impressive what it'll do at close range with buckshot. I've shot it several times - and it's fun -- but I prefer a smaller gun for carry.... (32 h+r mag)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-10-2015, 02:21 PM
(13-10-2015 02:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Guns like many other things are a matter of compromise.

Do I think the Rhino is better?? Yes, for shooting.

For carry -- nope. The LCR wins hands down.

That said -- you DO want to practice and you don't want a gun that's beating up your hands.. 38 special ammo or light .357 reloads should take care of that.

However -- if you ever do run into a rampaging cougar, a black bear - or Jack the Ripper --- you could lay into any of them with the heaviest .357 loads - and due to the adrenaline you'd be so pumped up - it could break both your hands and you wouldn't notice for a couple hours.....

My brother-in-law is a Marine and my brother is a gun nut and in the National Guard. I'm going to have them help me practice with it.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Is your brother or b-i-l into reloading??

13-10-2015, 03:31 PM
(13-10-2015 02:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 01:48 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Have you shot one? They're pretty light, and the recoil can be intimidating to say the least -- painful, the most...

The Rhino solves that problem.... It's an "under barrel" design. That is - the barrel is aligned with the bottom of the cylinder, rather than the conventional top alignment. This reduces muzzle flip to practically zero.

The downside -- it's much heavier than the LCR.

If you've got your mind set on the LCR (which is a great revolver) -- you may want to practice with .38 special ammo -- or (highly recommend) a light .357 reload.

I have not shot one yet. I belong to several online backpacking/outdoors forums and they all recommended that type of gun for my type of purpose. A lot of them said they liked it because it was light and you barely feel like you have it with you. That's what I want--something light and not cumbersome. But you think the Rhino is better?

What purpose, Jenny? Like OLB said, light weight guns carry well but kick harder. Have you tried different ones? How do they feel? How do they point? You might like the way some pistols feel over some revolvers. I prefer the feel of the LC9 with a finger extension on the mag over an LCR. They weigh about the same.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
13-10-2015, 03:48 PM
(13-10-2015 03:31 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 02:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I have not shot one yet. I belong to several online backpacking/outdoors forums and they all recommended that type of gun for my type of purpose. A lot of them said they liked it because it was light and you barely feel like you have it with you. That's what I want--something light and not cumbersome. But you think the Rhino is better?

What purpose, Jenny? Like OLB said, light weight guns carry well but kick harder. Have you tried different ones? How do they feel? How do they point? You might like the way some pistols feel over some revolvers. I prefer the feel of the LC9 with a finger extension on the mag over an LCR. They weigh about the same.

I primarily would use it for protection on the trails when backpacking. That's why I want something light and not cumbersome. And it was a plus that many backpackers I talk to recommend the LCR. I'm definitely open to other guns, though. But I really do want to keep it lightweight if I can. I also wouldn't mind using it for home defense/personal protection.

On a side note, should I make another thread? I feel bad that I've derailed Toney's thread with my gun questions. I'm sorry about that, Toney Big Grin I'm really bad about derailing topics Hobo
13-10-2015, 04:00 PM
The really disgusting thing about this is how the American far right is trying to paint all gun owners as "their people". As if others didnt own firearms and as if firearm owners were nothing but a bunch of inbred redneck klansmen and biblethumpers. It`s disgusting how they are trying to monopolise gun ownership as standard ideological block with only one aligance when the reality is completly different!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
13-10-2015, 04:20 PM
(13-10-2015 04:00 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  The really disgusting thing about this is how the American far right is trying to paint all gun owners as "their people". As if others didnt own firearms and as if firearm owners were nothing but a bunch of inbred redneck klansmen and biblethumpers. It`s disgusting how they are trying to monopolise gun ownership as standard ideological block with only one aligance when the reality is completly different!

I used to hang out at Ted Nugent's forum board....

They had me labeled as a flaming liberal....

Here, some people think I'm a card carrying Republican whackadoodle.....

My next door neighbor and his wife own several guns (he hunts) and she was up till this year the long standing head of the ( D ) party in this county......

Bottom line ---

People don't fit into molds very well..................