Guns on Campus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2015, 09:17 AM
RE: Guns on Campus
(06-12-2015 08:53 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  If you are not accusing the left of wanting to take away all guns, then stop acting like a paranoid baby.

We don't do enough to keep BOTH legal and illegal guns out of the wrong hands. We make way too many and they are way too easy to get, both legal and illegal. Nobody needs a a rapid fire spray weapon, and nobody needs huge clips. And since people with no prior records with mental issues and or addictions and no prior arrests for abuse can fly under the radar they are deemed "responsible" forever, instead we need to vet them much deeper than we do.

What do you want, less gun death? Less mass shootings? Do you want to keep guns out of the wrong hands? GREAT, but more guns is not the solution. Do nothing, other bad things happen, and doomsday "big bad government" doomsday fear garbage isn't going to cut it.

To whom is that addressed? Consider

If you are addressing me, it is as if you have either never read anything I posted or simply didn't understand.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2015, 05:18 PM
(06-12-2015 09:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 08:53 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  If you are not accusing the left of wanting to take away all guns, then stop acting like a paranoid baby.

We don't do enough to keep BOTH legal and illegal guns out of the wrong hands. We make way too many and they are way too easy to get, both legal and illegal. Nobody needs a a rapid fire spray weapon, and nobody needs huge clips. And since people with no prior records with mental issues and or addictions and no prior arrests for abuse can fly under the radar they are deemed "responsible" forever, instead we need to vet them much deeper than we do.

What do you want, less gun death? Less mass shootings? Do you want to keep guns out of the wrong hands? GREAT, but more guns is not the solution. Do nothing, other bad things happen, and doomsday "big bad government" doomsday fear garbage isn't going to cut it.

To whom is that addressed? Consider

If you are addressing me, it is as if you have either never read anything I posted or simply didn't understand.

He's a one trick pony Chas.....

He wants to "Limit guns" - without "limiting anyone's rights'....

Exactly how he's going to do that, keeps failing to make an appearance...........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
06-12-2015, 07:08 PM
Considering that all sane gun owners should have the right to own firearms, why not adopt the following;
• all shooters to hold verified licences
• disallow concealed carry
• 21 day moratorium on all firearm purchases
• no fully- or semi-auto guns allowed
• limits on purchases of ammunition
• ammunition purchases registered against firearms license number
• no license shown—no purchase of guns and/or ammunition

No responsible sports shooter could logically argue against any of these points.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
06-12-2015, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 07:21 PM by Chas.)
(06-12-2015 07:08 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Considering that all sane gun owners should have the right to own firearms, why not adopt the following;

No responsible sports shooter could logically argue against any of these points.

Yes, every responsible gun owner can logically argue against most of them.

OK
Why? What problem are you trying to solve? In the People's Republic of Massachusetts, only concealed carry is allowed - no open carry.
Why? What problem are you trying to solve?
Full automatic weapons are already hard to get, and there aren't a lot of them in civilian hands. Semi-automatic guns have great utility in self-defence, sport, and hunting.
Why? What problem are you trying to solve?
Pretty much pointless. What problem are you trying to solve?
OK

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-12-2015, 07:20 PM
(06-12-2015 07:08 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Considering that all sane gun owners should have the right to own firearms, why not adopt the following;

The entirety of your proposal puts the onus of responsibility on the legal, law abiding gun owner.....

What's the point in that??? A law abiding gun owner isn't the problem.

The "problem children" of the gun issue have always been, and will always be outside the law --- so any "gun laws" passed, will have no effect on them............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Guns on Campus

I'm not interested in the choice of guns that you would allow.

Quote:We don't do enough to keep BOTH legal and illegal guns out of the wrong hands.
Come up with some good ideas that don't infringe on my rights and I'll listen.

Quote:We make way too many and they are way too easy to get, both legal and illegal.

How many do we make and how many do you think we should make?

Quote:Nobody needs a a rapid fire spray weapon, and nobody needs huge clips.
1. My weapons don't spray.
2. I don't own any clips other than paper clips.

Quote:And since people with no prior records with mental issues and or addictions and no prior arrests for abuse can fly under the radar they are deemed "responsible" forever, instead we need to vet them much deeper than we do.
What's your plan?

Quote:What do you want, less gun death? Less mass shootings? Do you want to keep guns out of the wrong hands? GREAT, but more guns is not the solution. Do nothing, other bad things happen, and doomsday "big bad government" doomsday fear garbage isn't going to cut it.

I suggest you figure out why people do bad things and tell us how to change the desire for the bad behavior.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
06-12-2015, 07:54 PM
(06-12-2015 06:08 AM)bemore Wrote:  [Image: image.png]

Oh look, another gun thread. Now if only we had a particular part of the forum dedicated to firearms to properly put them into.........

Drinking Beverage

Just use a Greasemonkey script to change all occurrences of the the word "gun" to "cuddly kitten."

Yes, we need more cuddly kittens on college campuses.
I open carry my cuddly kitten wherever I go. It keeps the hoards of rapists and murderers at bay, and makes me feel like a total badass.
Barack Hussein Obama wants to take all of my cuddly kittens away. He should be impeached and deported for this heinous breach of the Constitution.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
06-12-2015, 07:58 PM

I am not going to argue these items point by point but let me just jump on two of the most glaring. Your ban on semi-auto guns would outlaw the finest and one of the most popular sporting/hunting guns in America, the Browning A-5 shotgun. My A-5 has put a lot of meat -- pheasants, quail, ducks, etc. -- in my freezer.] A Second glaring issue is your limit on ammunition purchases. Consider that a recreational shooter, myself included, will often shoot 200-300 rounds through one handgun in a typical day at the range. A story -- my son is a serious shooter/competitor and a few years ago, he finished a grueling course of study at Oxford University. He got home on a Friday and he was pretty wound up. My wife suggested that I take him to the gun club on Saturday morning to work off some tension. That one day, he shot over 1,000 rounds of ammo through a variety of my guns.

Trust me on this, SYZ, any responsible shooter can argue logically against all of your recommendations. The only person who would consider them reasonable is a non-shooter. When you make a list like that, it shows that you have little to no experience shooting and/or hunting and I would even question whether you know anyone who does shoot/hunt. I don't mean that as an insult. However, it seems that the people with the worst ideas about guns are the people who know the least about them.
[+] 3 users Like Black Eagle's post
06-12-2015, 08:05 PM
(06-12-2015 07:01 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I would like to know why you think its stupid? People carry guns concealed at college campuses all the time. It's not those guys you have to worry about. If you look at the college shootings that have happened in the last 10 years, none of them were by people that were licensed to carry, as far as I can recall.

We have this same discussion all the time, and I will say it again.

CRIMINALS THAT WANT TO SHOOT UP A SCHOOL WILL WALK RIGHT PAST A "NO GUNS ALLOWED" SIGN.

Americans, some at least, are very strange people. Big Grin

America, a trainwreck about to happen. Go read some Chalmers Johnson. Blowback, the book, is good.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-12-2015, 01:35 PM
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/xqleli/the...-gun-pt--1

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/w2bq3a/the...-gun-pt--2