Guns!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2013, 08:27 AM
RE: Guns!
(11-04-2013 08:17 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  This isnt aimed at anyone this is a reminder to everyone.

This is an open forum. you can't state the thread is for one thing only then complain if someone has an opposite opinion. What i've seen here is ridiculous censorship and it is completely unacceptable, it goes against the way things are done here.

If you cant take opposing views then you shouldn't be on a forum. simple as that.

This thread had a stated purpose. This was not censorship, the thread was split.

If you can't use common sense, maybe you should not be an administrator.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Where is the thread that was split-off from this one with every post that went missing from this one? And why was that not stated at the beginning instead of a "cleaning?" Why were Phaderus' comments about the thread needing a "cleaning" not removed? Does every derailment post in a thread deserve to be split? Who is going to do that?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
11-04-2013, 08:32 AM
(11-04-2013 08:31 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Where is the thread that was split-off from this one with every post that went missing from this one? And why was that not stated at the beginning instead of a "cleaning?" Why were Phaderus' comments about the thread needing a "cleaning" not removed? Does every derailment post in a thread deserve to be split? Who is going to do that?

No one is. Drinking Beverage

11-04-2013, 08:34 AM
You can move this garbage to the thread I just made.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid287977

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
11-04-2013, 08:35 AM
(11-04-2013 08:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 08:31 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Where is the thread that was split-off from this one with every post that went missing from this one? And why was that not stated at the beginning instead of a "cleaning?" Why were Phaderus' comments about the thread needing a "cleaning" not removed? Does every derailment post in a thread deserve to be split? Who is going to do that?

No one is. Drinking Beverage

And is that not what the stated purpose (as has been reiterated over and over again) of moderation on this forum is? That the best moderation is essentially no moderation and the protection of free speech? "Cleaning" the thread was bullshit. So is doing it to any other. Unless you want to change the purpose of the forums free speech policy to not being about free speech?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 08:37 AM
(11-04-2013 08:34 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  You can move this garbage to the thread I just made.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid287977

The great thing about free speech is that I am free to do it. I do not have to remain within the confines of a single thread to make comments I find relevant.

Ad hominems will get you no where Phaedrus. If you want to act like a spoiled child who is angry because he did not get his way, that is your choice.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 08:38 AM
(11-04-2013 08:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 08:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  No one is. Drinking Beverage

And is that not what the stated purpose (as has been reiterated over and over again) of moderation on this forum is? That the best moderation is essentially no moderation and the protection of free speech? "Cleaning" the thread was bullshit. So is doing it to any other. Unless you want to change the purpose of the forums free speech policy to not being about free speech?

Not up to me.

You want to rudely shit on this thread? Have at it.

11-04-2013, 08:41 AM
(11-04-2013 08:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 08:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And is that not what the stated purpose (as has been reiterated over and over again) of moderation on this forum is? That the best moderation is essentially no moderation and the protection of free speech? "Cleaning" the thread was bullshit. So is doing it to any other. Unless you want to change the purpose of the forums free speech policy to not being about free speech?

Not up to me.

I never came into this thread to "rudely shit" upon it. You and everyone else would know that if my one and only post before the whole debacle began (in support of you no less) were not deleted.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 08:44 AM
(11-04-2013 08:41 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 08:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  Not up to me.

I never came into this thread to "rudely shit" upon it. You and everyone else would know that if my one and only post before the whole debacle began (in support of you no less) were not deleted.

No posts were intentionally deleted.

I split the thread, but I made a mistake and the responses to the first OT response got deleted.
Sorry about that, but the thread splitting routine is poorly designed.

I did no further splitting until I could figure out what I did wrong.
I will be doing no further moderation on this.

11-04-2013, 08:46 AM
(11-04-2013 08:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 08:41 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I never came into this thread to "rudely shit" upon it. You and everyone else would know that if my one and only post before the whole debacle began (in support of you no less) were not deleted.

No posts were intentionally deleted.

I split the thread, but I made a mistake and the responses to the first OT response got deleted.
Sorry about that, but the thread splitting routine is poorly designed.

Quite simply, the threads never even needed to be split. If people did not want to hear Logica in this thread, they merely needed to ignore him. And even better still, would have been to reply in one of the other threads instead of this one. No mess, no fuss, and no loss of anyone's posts, comments, and no need to "clean" anything.

But Phaedrus did not ask for a split thread and your first post never said anything about splitting it, just "cleaning" it.

—Thomas Henry Huxley