Guns!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2013, 09:16 AM
RE: Guns!
(11-04-2013 09:11 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 09:09 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  There's a difference between pro-topic and on-topic. A debate about gun control can not be moderated to have pro-gun control posts removed. A thread about guns as a hobby *can* have posts about gun control, pro- and anti- alike, removed. Do you grok the difference?

Why then do you keep coming back to your own pro-gun thread to post stuff that is off-topic? Should you not be going somewhere else there Mr. High-and-mighty?

Are you kidding me? Immature idiot. Drinking Beverage

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 09:16 AM
(11-04-2013 09:13 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 08:59 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  At what point did I ever say I agreed with Logica coming in here to disrupt this thread? My first post was quite the opposite in fact. But the assumption was made that I too came here to slander and derail, and you were quick to want us removed. Logica did indeed cross a netiquette boundary as you say, but that is irrelvant because Logica (and I) did nothing wrong. You got your feelings hurt and wanted the hurtful posts removed. This is the internet and these are real people who don't agree with everything you say. Get used to that.

I don't give a fuck what his opinion was, Freud. [Image: smiley-rolleyes007.gif]

MY posts were removed, YOUR posts were removed, AND his posts were removed. Pro and anti alike. Because it was off topic. I'm perfectly happy to have the debate if you are and my pwecious feelings are not hurt by people disagreeing. But it does piss me off when people troll a thread and post pointless garbage that has nothing to do with it. This entire thing could have been resolved yesterday, if you made a thread expressing your concerns about moderation policy. But you acted like a child and refused to do so, and so dragged this bullshit out twice as long as it needed to be.

I notice you're very quick to demand apologies from others, but refuse to do so yourself. If you'll allow me some psychoanalysis as well, I think you're unwilling to admit to fault or mistake yourself as you externalize all complaints onto others via projection.

And what mistakes and faults am I unwilling to apologize for?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 09:18 AM
(11-04-2013 09:16 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 09:11 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Why then do you keep coming back to your own pro-gun thread to post stuff that is off-topic? Should you not be going somewhere else there Mr. High-and-mighty?

Are you kidding me? Immature idiot. Drinking Beverage

Because piling up the ad hominems is working very well for you. I said it once in regard to the debates on gun laws, but I now realize it applies in a more general sense to you. You are like talking with a theist. You can't be wrong, and anything said counter to your opinions is confronted with insult and 0 acknowledgement of any seriously rational and critical replies.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 09:21 AM
You're not here to debate. You're here to big yourself up by trying to show up a mod. That's all this is, and if you can't recognize your own lack of critical comment and the immature bullshit you're spouting, especially in the last few minutes, then hell, I don't know what is wrong with your head.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
11-04-2013, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 09:39 AM by Chas.)
(11-04-2013 08:47 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 08:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  This thread had a stated purpose. This was not censorship, the thread was split.

If you can't use common sense, maybe you should not be an administrator.

Deleting posts and splitting others out of a thread all of which were of opposing views is censorship.

It doesn't matter what the thread was intended for it's still censorship.

You would be among the first to complain if A fundie created a thread and stated it was for pro bible arguments only. What makes you think this should get any preferential treatment.

As I explained in the post in the other thread, I split the thread.
The split resulted in two split threads which I attempted to merge, and several posts were lost in that attempt.

Splitting a thread is not censorship.

Again, you have accused me of willfully deleting threads. I did no such thing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2013, 09:29 AM
(10-04-2013 10:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 10:01 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Thread cleaning requested. This is a place for gun owners to talk shop, not a place for people who disagree with us to shit all over.

Done.

(11-04-2013 09:21 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  You're not here to debate. You're here to big yourself up by trying to show up a mod. That's all this is, and if you can't recognize your own lack of critical comment and the immature bullshit you're spouting, especially in the last few minutes, then hell, I don't know what is wrong with your head.

Were I here to try and show-up a mod, I would have flaunted in your face as soon as I got confirmation this morning that what Chas did was wrong by forum policy. Stop making assumptions about my motives, you're proving your ignorance.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 09:38 AM
(11-04-2013 09:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  As I explained in the post you apparently deleted, I split the thread.
The split resulted in two split threads which I attempted to merge, and several posts were lost in that attempt.

The mod log says otherwise.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
11-04-2013, 09:45 AM
I request both the relevant portion of the mod logs and the relevant forum policies be posted.

TBD: Congratulations on successfully censoring a gun thread via derailment. This thread is now about this crap.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
11-04-2013, 09:47 AM
What policies do you want exactly? A copy of the rules?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
11-04-2013, 09:48 AM
(11-04-2013 09:38 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 09:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  As I explained in the post you apparently deleted, I split the thread.

The mod log says otherwise.

Then I made the mistake with that pull-down menu selection when trying to do the merge. Shitty software and fumble fingers.

Either you believe I made an error or you believe it was intentional.
So far, you seem to be accusing me of intentionally deleting the posts and lying about it and being too stupid to realize it would be in the logs.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user