Gwyneth Paltrow Hosts Goop "Health" Summit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Thumbs Down Gwyneth Paltrow Hosts Goop "Health" Summit
It would seem that Paltrow—cashing in on her media fame—has joined the ranks of her complimentary and alternative medicine peers in Hollywood. Last weekend, she held what she called the world's first health [sic ] summit, under the banner of her "Goop" trademark of all things overpriced and nonsensical.

And looking like she does at only age 44 would indicate that her Goop products don't work as she claims...

[Image: 1497310216406.jpg]

Amongst the absurd and possibly clinically harmful products and services she was marketing included:

• Jade eggs—inserted into the vagina to "increase chi, orgasms, vaginal muscle tone, hormonal balance and feminine energy in general" (gynaecologists warn of toxic shock syndrome).

• Vaginal steaming. (WTF?)

• Goop detox diet plans (the human body cannot be "detoxed" artificially).

• A recommendation for leech facials. (Ewww)

• Aura photographs capturing "people's radiant energy" on film to give attendees a souvenir to take home.

• Intravenous drips to replenish peoples' electrolytes (no, simply can't work as claimed).

• Cupping (to increase blood flow, open pores, and allow toxins to leave the body) LOL.

• "Earthing" (which is a new-agey description for what the rest of us call walking around while barefoot.)

• Recommendations to skip meals, especially breakfast (despite offering early morning attendees doughnuts, sushi, burritos, juices and smoothies!)

Apparently hundreds of people paid between $500 and $1,500 to attend the event in Culver City, California. Her her track record as a "wellness guru" has been a little spotty; her Goop lifestyle website has come under fire not just for being out of touch and selling $580 jean jackets (ouch), but for spreading health [sic ] advice that most doctors find dubious.

—Welcome to the club Ms Paltrow—you have some other famous Hollywood folks supporting your nutty notions: Suzanne Somers, Jane Fonda, Jessica Alba, Jenny McCarthy, Cameron Diaz, Mehmet Oz, Elle Macpherson, and Vani Hari, the millionaire, self-proclaimed "Food Babe".

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2017, 08:03 PM
RE: Gwyneth Paltrow Hosts Goop "Health" Summit
You do realize HoC is going to put a hex on you Wink Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
12-06-2017, 08:20 PM
It was tough reading past "increase chi."
[+] 5 users Like Clockwork's post
12-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Oh noes! There's gonna be trouble. Of prophetic proportions, as 'twere

[Image: funny-gifs-getting-angry.gif?w=400&h=228]

(She's vapidity incarnate)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
12-06-2017, 08:35 PM
...what did I just read? Never mind, I'll probably re-read it tomorrow when the homeschooling anti-vax homeopath mommies on my FB feed start reposting her stuff.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
12-06-2017, 11:48 PM
She's been nuts for a looong time. 'Specially about anything "health", "organic" or "natural".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
13-06-2017, 04:54 AM
(12-06-2017 11:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  She's been nuts for a looong time. 'Specially about anything "health", "organic" or "natural".

She's been failing in her acting career for about the same length of time as she's been a lifestyle guru. I have to wonder how much of this crap she believes and how much is just aimed at making a buck.

I do wish, though, that she'd stuck to $800 T-shirts and other stuff that only hurts people's wallets.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
13-06-2017, 06:35 AM
(13-06-2017 04:54 AM)julep Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 11:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  She's been nuts for a looong time. 'Specially about anything "health", "organic" or "natural".

She's been failing in her acting career for about the same length of time as she's been a lifestyle guru. I have to wonder how much of this crap she believes and how much is just aimed at making a buck.

I do wish, though, that she'd stuck to $800 T-shirts and other stuff that only hurts people's wallets.

> I'd rather just see her pose nude for PLAYBOY or something. Dodgy
13-06-2017, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2017 07:00 AM by Heath_Tierney.)
(13-06-2017 04:54 AM)julep Wrote:  She's been failing in her acting career for about the same length of time as she's been a lifestyle guru. I have to wonder how much of this crap she believes and how much is just aimed at making a buck.

I heard a clip of her on some talk show recently (it was an audio clip of a TV show I heard on the radio) and it was pretty clear that she really didn't know much about the stuff sold on her website. Seems that she's just licensing out her name and collecting royalties, sort of like Trump does with his hotels.

BTW... I was never a huge fan of hers but there's one movie she did I highly recommend: Sliding Doors

*edited to fix link*
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
13-06-2017, 06:58 AM
Quote:Jade eggs—inserted into the vagina to "increase chi, orgasms, vaginal muscle tone, hormonal balance and feminine energy in general"

What the fuck did I just read?
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post