Gym Girls.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2014, 08:57 AM
RE: Gym Girls.
(06-08-2014 11:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 04:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Except that a woman who is raised in an oppressive culture, who has been told all her life that she must be subservient,
who risks losing everything - even her life - should she rebel, does not actually have freedom of choice.

So it's better to take away her freedom of choice in a different way? Sure, she *may* have been brought up that way. Addressing the issue of for example honour killings through the law I have no problem with because again, that's other people imposing their will on her and they should not be allowed to get away with that. But making laws that take away her freedom to be her own person - I can't see how that is helpful.

So what about suicide victims? Should we respect their choices? Is it oppressive to stop them? If we don't let them commit suicide we are taking away their freedom of person.

Sometimes people need a bit of help to be free or to make the best choices. Headscarves should be banned for the same reason as suicide, because they are harmful regardless of whether people want it or not.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 08:59 AM
(07-08-2014 02:01 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 05:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: squat.jpg]

No, I do not want those legs wrapped around my back. Feels like a tapout.

How is it Girly always comes up with the most erotic pics?Hobo

It don't find it very erotic at all. I prefer relatively weak girls, I definitely wouldn't want a girl that is stronger than me.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

07-08-2014, 09:52 AM
(07-08-2014 08:57 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 11:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  So it's better to take away her freedom of choice in a different way? Sure, she *may* have been brought up that way. Addressing the issue of for example honour killings through the law I have no problem with because again, that's other people imposing their will on her and they should not be allowed to get away with that. But making laws that take away her freedom to be her own person - I can't see how that is helpful.

So what about suicide victims? Should we respect their choices? Is it oppressive to stop them? If we don't let them commit suicide we are taking away their freedom of person.

Sometimes people need a bit of help to be free or to make the best choices. Headscarves should be banned for the same reason as suicide, because they are harmful regardless of whether people want it or not.

You would presume to stop me if I wanted to suicide? No problem, I'll take you with me Smile

*You*, mon ami, are not qualified to decide if *I* or anyone else needs your so-called "help to make choices".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Massive fat bastard uses my gym. Crazy bugger always belly flops into the water and laughs like a lunatic.

Everybody's a bit nervous he's going to lose his togs.
07-08-2014, 03:52 PM
(07-08-2014 08:59 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  It don't find it very erotic at all. I prefer relatively weak girls, I definitely wouldn't want a girl that is stronger than me.

[Image: squat_cause_somewhere_out_there_girl_doing_your_max.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-08-2014, 05:02 PM
(07-08-2014 03:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 08:59 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  It don't find it very erotic at all. I prefer relatively weak girls, I definitely wouldn't want a girl that is stronger than me.

[Image: squat_cause_somewhere_out_there_girl_doing_your_max.jpg]

Hmmm.... The lower part of the door frame looks wonky... Shopped?
07-08-2014, 06:50 PM
(06-08-2014 11:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 04:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Except that a woman who is raised in an oppressive culture, who has been told all her life that she must be subservient,
who risks losing everything - even her life - should she rebel, does not actually have freedom of choice.

So it's better to take away her freedom of choice in a different way? Sure, she *may* have been brought up that way. Addressing the issue of for example honour killings through the law I have no problem with because again, that's other people imposing their will on her and they should not be allowed to get away with that. But making laws that take away her freedom to be her own person - I can't see how that is helpful.

I'm saying that they mostly don't have any freedom to be their own persons.

The law is the least of their worries.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-08-2014, 12:03 AM
(07-08-2014 06:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 11:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  So it's better to take away her freedom of choice in a different way? Sure, she *may* have been brought up that way. Addressing the issue of for example honour killings through the law I have no problem with because again, that's other people imposing their will on her and they should not be allowed to get away with that. But making laws that take away her freedom to be her own person - I can't see how that is helpful.

I'm saying that they mostly don't have any freedom to be their own persons.

I jumped ahead a bit. RP has said something about how women who wear the burqa should be "shamed and reeducated". My original response to which you replied was to him, and I responded again under the assumption that such a program would be undertaken as part of the law.

It matters not either way, my main point is that their freedom is not promoted by *us* telling them what to do, a la "helping them to make the right choices". Telling as opposed to suggesting - I have no problem with suggesting, with activism on behalf of Muslim women, with attempting to promote their freedom (e.g. tough sentences for people convicted of honour killing). I think that even in the Middle East we will see progress on these fronts.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-08-2014, 04:54 AM
(08-08-2014 12:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 06:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm saying that they mostly don't have any freedom to be their own persons.

I jumped ahead a bit. RP has said something about how women who wear the burqa should be "shamed and reeducated". My original response to which you replied was to him, and I responded again under the assumption that such a program would be undertaken as part of the law.

It matters not either way, my main point is that their freedom is not promoted by *us* telling them what to do, a la "helping them to make the right choices". Telling as opposed to suggesting - I have no problem with suggesting, with activism on behalf of Muslim women, with attempting to promote their freedom (e.g. tough sentences for people convicted of honour killing). I think that even in the Middle East we will see progress on these fronts.

I hadn't seen the "shamed and re-educated" crap. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-08-2014, 08:40 AM
I said "ashamed"! Stop putting words in my mouth!