H.............;;;;;;;;opo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2016, 09:56 AM
H.............;;;;;;;;opo
That was the cat typing the subject. I like to think I'm more coherent than that.
Hello, my name is Unicorn Baby Jesus and I am from Canada and I love long walks in the Costco, reading food labels and I am full blown The Thinking Atheist addict.
I am natural born atheist, never new real believers, didn't care about religion at all until...
I was born in Balkans, and in mid 90's the war came, people went crazy and suddenly a secular nation became all about "my (Catholic, Orthodox, Muslim) God is better than yours, let's kill those there, the book said so". I decided to read the damn book, orthodox version, to see why the hell did everybody suddenly went crazy...And it was insanely bad! So then I've read the catholic version, then the Muslim version, and it was mind boggling that anybody can take those seriously. Being disappointed in the whole human race because of the stupid war, I moved to Canada because Canada is all rainbows and unicorns. But...
My people: "you should come to church, even if you don't believe, it is a part of your heritage. God loves you even if you don't love him"
Other people: "no, religion is not oppressing", "how can you not believe in anything, how do you live", "god created babies, the perfection of a hand is god's work", "you should make up your mind, rapture is coming", "I'm agnostic, you should be too, atheism doesn't really exist", "I am a good Scientologist, you should come and check it out"...
Luckily, I live in an urban area and nobody really cares what others believe. But, I found States fascinating and can't get enough of religious craziness happening there. To offset the crazy, I listen to Seth and many other skeptics and nonbelievers and it feels good. My brain is thanking me each time and I dare to think that there is still hope for human race.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like UnicornBabyJesus's post
09-04-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: H.............;;;;;;;;opo
Welcome! Love your username!
Hello! Big Grin
Welcome to our community.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-04-2016, 10:03 AM
I have decided from this one post that I like you. Welcome unicorn, and welcome cat.....continue to try to communicate with us.
09-04-2016, 10:06 AM
Awwwww, you guys. You're making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
[+] 1 user Likes UnicornBabyJesus's post
09-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Welcome.
09-04-2016, 10:11 AM
(09-04-2016 10:02 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Welcome! Love your username!

So do I! Big Grin

[Image: gaga4.jpg]

[Image: JesusRidesWeb.jpg]

Laugh out load

Welcome, UnicornBabyJesus! Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
09-04-2016, 10:16 AM
I am framing those Thumbsup. With added caption "ask me about my faith"
[+] 3 users Like UnicornBabyJesus's post
09-04-2016, 10:25 AM
Hello!Big Grin

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel